Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:37:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending Cash/Money Order to Mt. Gox. Anyone else have success?  (Read 741 times)
hellohello (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 05:24:37 AM

I've been researching about bitcoins for about 2 weeks now. I was going to try the few sites that actually offered moneypaks as an option to buy bitcoins, but in the past several days it looks like theyve taken out that option.

Anyway, I sent out a money order to Mt. Gox cash exchange and I was just curious to see if anyone has gotten burned using it. I tried using the search feature but could only find one person who has actually had success.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anthonya1g

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 12:18:15 PM

Why don't you do it through Dwolla? I think it's safer.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 12:14:18 PM

I sent out a money order to Mt. Gox cash exchange

Just a correction, I presume -- you sent a money order to MtGox's "official exchanger" for cash and money orders, Bitcoin Morpheus?
http://bitcoinmorpheus.tumblr.com/how_to_buy_mt_gox_usd

and I was just curious to see if anyone has gotten burned using it. I tried using the search feature but could only find one person who has actually had success.

That exchange has been around for a long time and is generally known to provide good service, though I've not used that service myself.  There were a couple of exceptions, but they were related to one-time incidents if I remember correctly (e..g, when PayPal cut them off, when panic buyers were panicking as the price was shooting up as they sat waiting for the post office, etc.)

The operator of that exchange, Morpheus, does have an account here on this forum.

Should you need to deposit cash again, you might want to consider the "deposit cash at any Wells Fargo or Chase" method offered by ExchB.

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

The Electric Monk

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:30:41 PM

Yeah, Mt Gox seems to be the most well known and trustworthy of the exchanges.  They deal in about 25x BTC more than anyone else.

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: