Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2024, 12:37:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 20% Discount 79USD for Android Smart Watch Z1  (Read 7845 times)
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:30:17 PM

Haha I have already been lurking on the forum. I'll make an account soon Smiley.

I have no idea how to add the Dutch translation, couldn't find the right file in the update.zip file. I reviewed the Dutch file you linked me to and it looks pretty good. Could you tell him it would look better if he sticks with using 'u' for 'you' instead of mixing 'u' and 'je' (he will understand :p).

I will post a picture + timestamp of the watch tomorrow. I have been playing with it for a while and I must say that I am very pleased with it!
freethebitcoin (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:10:06 PM

Haha I have already been lurking on the forum. I'll make an account soon Smiley.

I have no idea how to add the Dutch translation, couldn't find the right file in the update.zip file. I reviewed the Dutch file you linked me to and it looks pretty good. Could you tell him it would look better if he sticks with using 'u' for 'you' instead of mixing 'u' and 'je' (he will understand :p).

I will post a picture + timestamp of the watch tomorrow. I have been playing with it for a while and I must say that I am very pleased with it!

If you DO register over at TR, i think you better explain the Dutch grammar to a Dutch Smiley

Ahhh....btw, do not take a shower wearing the watch, even though they advertise it to be water poof, one member reported ruining his Z1 taking a shower.

I will try to contact SmartQ about the language files and how to edit them.

/ Don't waste time on another ASIC scam - Work, sell or build for Bitcoin and benefit all.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:38:22 PM

I already registered and posted in that thread. The Dutch guy will change the grammar Smiley. The watch came with a few instructions, it already said it was only resistant to water for a short time so no showering, bathing etc.

Here is a picture of my watch.

The new firmware looks really good!
BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:54:49 PM

Is the iOS support out yet?
freethebitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:50:51 PM

The latest firmware supports iOS but i cant find any iOS app for it yet.
Im waiting for a reply from SmartQ about the app.

/ Don't waste time on another ASIC scam - Work, sell or build for Bitcoin and benefit all.
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:43:21 AM

I'm interested in one but only with escrow. I'm a respected escrow here so I can pay upon arrival or we can choose a neutral 3rd party escrow.

I prefer payment in advance, i dont mind escrow if you can cover the fees.
Just curious, if you would pay on arrival, would you pay the BTC amount at the day of shipping or receiving?

Which do you prefer?

freethebitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:52:11 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 03:06:02 AM by freethebitcoin

I'm interested in one but only with escrow. I'm a respected escrow here so I can pay upon arrival or we can choose a neutral 3rd party escrow.

I prefer payment in advance, i dont mind escrow if you can cover the fees.
Just curious, if you would pay on arrival, would you pay the BTC amount at the day of shipping or receiving?

Which do you prefer?

I prefer payment before shipment and the BTC amount at the day the order is placed.

SpaceJelly

Activity: 106

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:56:00 AM

Just an update, mine has arrived safely Smiley So delivery to the UK took 14 days.

It looks really good too, nice and solid and the strap feels really nice and strong.

1Je11yL4Fqw5nvaP6KUs2JDABBp29vKeEU
1JeLLyv8o7YwooSg53qEdDSPXeAT3ShQoc
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:11:25 AM

The latest firmware supports iOS but i cant find any iOS app for it yet.
Im waiting for a reply from SmartQ about the app.

Any word from SmartQ? If so I would like to order 2 more...
SpaceJelly

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:31:54 PM

ok, a quick tip for anyone else that wants to copy data to the watch.... do NOT use a USB hub, plug the phone directly into your mobo usb ports. I've been trying to copy the latest update to the watch for a while but it kept stalling for no reason. Tried adb push, same issue! Then, finally tried plugging directly into the computer and bingo, worked first time!

May just be the hubs I have, but they are d-link ones so are fairly decent.

freethebitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:42:59 PM

Just an update, mine has arrived safely Smiley So delivery to the UK took 14 days.

It looks really good too, nice and solid and the strap feels really nice and strong.

Im glad you like the watch, check out the TR forum for more threads on Z1.

freethebitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:48:50 PM

Still no news on ios app.
Im not sure how it works, but have read that it can take months before stupid Apple approves an app to their store.

Pro tip to your friends: Get Android phone  Smiley

freethebitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:50:47 PM

ok, a quick tip for anyone else that wants to copy data to the watch.... do NOT use a USB hub, plug the phone directly into your mobo usb ports. I've been trying to copy the latest update to the watch for a while but it kept stalling for no reason. Tried adb push, same issue! Then, finally tried plugging directly into the computer and bingo, worked first time!

Most usb hubs to not provide enough power so its always safe to connect directly to computer, same goes for charging the watch.

SpaceJelly

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:11:23 PM

Most usb hubs to not provide enough power so its always safe to connect directly to computer, same goes for charging the watch.

It is a powered hub with 1A ports, but yes, good tip for general hubs.

Anyway, I have a bug report for you to pass on. Latest v3 firmware:

The Weather App, Selecting United Kingdom, then Brighton & Hove (my nearest city) as the location will cause the weather app to go into a crash loop. Only a reset to factory defaults will cure it. I assume it is because of the '&' in the description. If they can change the city name to just Brighton then I'm sure it'll be fine.

For now I have London selected as my nearest city and it's working ok.

freethebitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:52:40 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 08:18:48 PM by freethebitcoin

It is a powered hub with 1A ports, but yes, good tip for general hubs.

Anyway, I have a bug report for you to pass on. Latest v3 firmware:

The Weather App, Selecting United Kingdom, then Brighton & Hove (my nearest city) as the location will cause the weather app to go into a crash loop. Only a reset to factory defaults will cure it. I assume it is because of the '&' in the description. If they can change the city name to just Brighton then I'm sure it'll be fine.

For now I have London selected as my nearest city and it's working ok.

Powered hub should be fine, maybe another bug on Z1.

I have posted the bug in the forum and will forward to SmartQ, it can take some time for next update as China is going for the longest public holiday of the year, Chinese new year.

Let me know if you find other bugs or interesting findings.

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:10:19 PM

Im not sure how it works, but have read that it can take months before stupid Apple approves an app to their store.

Haha I keep telling them that Grin. Let's hope they bring out the iOS app soon.
freethebitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:26:47 PM

Let's hope they ditch their jail phone before that Wink

ORDER UPDATE
All payed orders have been shipped out, next possible shipping date is Feb 10.
Happy Chinese New Year to everyone out there!!

freethebitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:43:02 PM

iOS app for Z Watch released.

Download link:
http://www.smartdevices.com.cn/support/download/Z1/FirmWare/201310/Iz.html

Software Description:

1 software only supports Bluetooth 4.0 devices and above iOS7 system.
     2 This version is a beta version, only supports jailbreak user testing, the official version has been submitted to App Store review, will soon shelves. After the official version of the shelves, remove the beta version, install the official version.

Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

mameise

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:48:59 PM

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. My watch also arrived. I already flashed a new rooted rom and put another launcher on it. So far its a really good buy for that price! I also have the Galaxy Gear and would buy Z1 again, Galaxy Gear i am not sure... its too expensive and i already had a sudden death on it.. (still have to send it in) So actually the Z1 is my all day watch and i really don't miss the gear. I personally don't need a camera in the watch. But i need WLan much more! So donwloading apps with the Z1 is much more easier than with the gear where i have to bluetooth tether the Internet from my phone.

I am still on german translation ( was busy that days) so i will keep you updated about that.

I also told some friends they should buy that watch also. So i am sure i will buy some more after your new years holdays
So happy chinese new year and thanks for the great watch!
freethebitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:57:39 PM

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. My watch also arrived. I already flashed a new rooted rom and put another launcher on it. So far its a really good buy for that price! I also have the Galaxy Gear and would buy Z1 again, Galaxy Gear i am not sure... its too expensive and i already had a sudden death on it.. (still have to send it in) So actually the Z1 is my all day watch and i really don't miss the gear. I personally don't need a camera in the watch. But i need WLan much more! So donwloading apps with the Z1 is much more easier than with the gear where i have to bluetooth tether the Internet from my phone.

I am still on german translation ( was busy that days) so i will keep you updated about that.

I also told some friends they should buy that watch also. So i am sure i will buy some more after your new years holdays
So happy chinese new year and thanks for the great watch!

Thanks for the update, Z1 is really a great device for the money and much more open and easy to hack and tweak.

I agree a camera is quite useless on a watch and will only increase the cost.
The Z1 can remote control the camera on your phone, i just wish it had a delay so you could take photo of your self.

Have fun with your Z1 and let me know when your friends are ready.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: