Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:16:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance! Attention! Be cautious!  (Read 420 times)
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 12:21:04 PM

Honestly i get irritated with the rate of scammers in the space right now thanks for the information i hope this will go a long way for us to be careful enough to read thoroughly and observe every detail because they have so many methods of making people  fall for this.

i bet in the end the industry becomes as arrogant as the western and eastern world'S billionaires that protect themselves and their wealth in a way from others that they live like in an information bubble like buffet

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shafi alam

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:26:27 PM

Holy crap, what is going on??
I thought it was a real. I just going to be done this. I thought after some while I will do it. oh my god.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:34:55 PM

Binance users are receiving letters with an invitation to test a new application for Windows for a reward of 0.5 BTC, which 'will go to your Binance account. All you need to do is download and enter your data.

This is phishing! Attackers try to get personal data in this way, to access your money. Binance does not distribute 0.5 BTC for testing Windows applications. Be careful!
This is a good reminder and a very helpful but it woukd be more nicer if you put some links to support this advisory for us to be familiar,so whenever we encountered this thing we already know what to do.

Since binance is one famous thing here in our cryptoworld so better we must aware of everything phishing happening
nickmax

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:39:09 PM

Binance users are receiving letters with an invitation to test a new application for Windows for a reward of 0.5 BTC, which 'will go to your Binance account. All you need to do is download and enter your data.

This is phishing! Attackers try to get personal data in this way, to access your money. Binance does not distribute 0.5 BTC for testing Windows applications. Be careful!

It's time to remember that no one and never just so much bitcoin or Ethereum does not distribute. Who has been in crypto for a long time, has seen more than one such fraud, and there are always too gullible people, and then everyone is told that crypto-currencies are scam.
aray80

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:01:52 PM

True this is very important information, so this news can prevent the increasing of victims from fraudulent acts through phishing sites ...
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:10:46 PM

Binance gives 0.05 btc if you download their application? binance will not do that that's phishing, scammers nowadays want to steal your crypto, I received many phishing emails because scammers knows my email when I signed up in airdrops that was last year, so don't show to the public your email or give it to someone.
mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:14:50 PM

A lot of people love giveaways whatever it is. But we really need to be careful. Whenever you feel something's off, just stop and do not risk your infos. They should not require a lot of datas in the first place.

ChaChaiTL

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:17:27 PM

binance là một sàn giao dịch tiền tệ kỹ thuật số phổ biến trên thế giới, được thành lập tại Thượng Hải, Trung Quốc bởi Changpeng Zhao – CEO công ty Beiji Technology chúng ta thận trọng vì hiện nay trung quốc chưa được hợp thức hoa bitcoin
Newboybb

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:23:18 PM

It's just a cheap scam, and I don't know how the scammers got my email.
That's a question I've always been curious about.

faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:27:28 PM

Thank you for informating us sir, I havent receive that kind of email. Usually victims of Philsting are people who loves to join airdrops where coin owners will create a dummy coins, make airdrops, and collect datas for future spam/philsting.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
triciaa478

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

I have bookmarked my Binance and I don't enter a site through my email. These are measures I put in place to avoid be phished. I have received that email and deleted it without even reading the content.
lekleklek

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:30:48 PM

It's insane how often social engineering is successful. By far the easiest type of hack to execute.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:32:40 PM

I think most people are aware of this tricks as its been repeated in different form. Newbies should be very careful of this type of giveaway, this is the new trend being used by hackers in the crypto community.  always confirm and information before taking any steps , don't be too excited and forget to do the needful. Don't fall for such scam
shkwarka333

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:36:31 PM

Surely many have suffered from intruders, still need to be more careful as invented more and more cunning ideas and inventions
HerbertMarcel

Activity: 221

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:13:25 AM

I think i'm lucky because still i don't get this.

keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:05:46 AM

Luckily, i didn't get that email. I'd be damned if i get phished. But surely, i'll be watching out for this. I checked my binance and there are no unauthorized use. I'm freaking out with all these hacking and phishing news. The last time was with myetherwallet and i was afraid to check my wallet that time.
Badik

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:09:29 AM

So be careful guys so that we can avoid this kind of bad activity Binance will announce globally if there's a true reward. Don't easily trust those kind of letters I think this is the idea of attackers.
edjames

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:14:09 AM

One tip is to always check the sender and email headers if you can. I doubt that the finance email can be spoofed, by many cyber criminals have other, compromised email servers they use to send out spam, so while an email might says it's from Company A, the From: email address is something like bhhcqg7qe7e@hackeddomain.com

Sadly many modern email clients make checking this more difficult, as they sacrifice security for UI design choices
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:14:27 AM

Is there any information on how these emails are targeting Binance users specifically? Was there a database leak or something, as there shouldn't be a way of targeting them without access to their emails.

In any case, Binance seems to have weaker security than most other exchanges, so I don't bother trading there anymore. Bittrex is the one for me.
neya

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:25:31 AM

Lets all be careful lot of scammers that will do everything to scammed us they have lot of tricks.i also use binance but i didnt receive email.lets not trust easily and open links.

TRUEPLAY.io
TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM ♣ PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018 ♠ 30% DISCOUNT
sitebounty ann thread  ♠ wallet
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: