Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:28:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose(country)?  (Read 8943 times)
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:52:22 PM

I'd love to go here and other places in Italy. I haven't read Inferno yet but have all his others. I know people slag Dan Brown off for not being the greatest of writers based on literary merit, but I just really love his stories and the books are so easy to get into.

Yeah, his books are fun and very light reads. It's refreshing to read a book of his once every couple of months since they're easy page turners.

I've only read Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons so far, though.

They're his best two, but The Lost Symbol is also good. Might try read Inferno on whatever the next holiday is I go on. Maybe Florence haha.

Yeah they're amazing. Lost Symbol is good. I know what you mean about thee literary element to his books, and I've seen all the critics' comments on it, but it doesn't matter so much when you have a good story I don't think. Although, his books do always leave me slightly deflated at the end when theirs no payoff. Like trying to masturbate immediately after masturbating.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:53:53 PM

A secret country I can't tell you guys about.  Wink

I'm grumpy!!
Sutters Mill

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:56:16 PM

Haha, I'm going to the moon along with the price of my Bitcoin!
faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:58:42 PM

its not a country and from current price of bitcoin you cannot go there its need to touch some very big milestone for your this journey

Sutters Mill

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:02:49 PM

its not a country and from current price of bitcoin you cannot go there its need to touch some very big milestone for your this journey

Florence isn't a country either but we're all going there. You're right, but when Bitcoin goes to the moon, as mentioned, I'll be going with it Smiley
Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:03:25 PM

I'd love to go here and other places in Italy. I haven't read Inferno yet but have all his others. I know people slag Dan Brown off for not being the greatest of writers based on literary merit, but I just really love his stories and the books are so easy to get into.

Yeah, his books are fun and very light reads. It's refreshing to read a book of his once every couple of months since they're easy page turners.

They're his best two, but The Lost Symbol is also good. Might try read Inferno on whatever the next holiday is I go on. Maybe Florence haha.

Yeah they're amazing. Lost Symbol is good. I know what you mean about thee literary element to his books, and I've seen all the critics' comments on it, but it doesn't matter so much when you have a good story I don't think. Although, his books do always leave me slightly deflated at the end when theirs no payoff. Like trying to masturbate immediately after masturbating.

Critics... As I do with movies, I usually take their word with a grain of salt. Either that, or I read their critical perspectives as entertainment itself. It's very rare for critics to be equally critical when evaluating works that have different purposes. So basically, with Brown being a writer who focuses less on prose and more on plot and entertainment value, I think he's successful in his endeavors.

Anyways... Maybe I should Inferno next summer in Florence as well!
Sutters Mill

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:08:18 PM

Critics... As I do with movies, I usually take their word with a grain of salt. Either that, or I read their critical perspectives as entertainment itself. It's very rare for critics to be equally critical when evaluating works that have different purposes. So basically, with Brown being a writer who focuses less on prose and more on plot and entertainment value, I think he's successful in his endeavors.

Anyways... Maybe I should Inferno next summer in Florence as well!

Yeah fair point, he's definitely entertaining. Inferno will be a great read while there as, like all Dan Brown books, there are loads of references to the specific architecture. You'll be able to picture it perfectly.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:21:21 AM

What's the most expenisve country to live in? I'm assuming it would be US with New york and LA.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Frost000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:12:37 AM

What's the most expenisve country to live in? I'm assuming it would be US with New york and LA.

Unless you work in the country, I'd say the most expensive country would be Norway much more than the US. In terms of cities, London for example is more expensive than both NYC and LA.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:20:08 AM

Based on where i've been..i'll say French Polynesia.  So beautiful!  Living on an overwater bugalow for the rest of my life would be heaven!

Zeal0t

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

To the moon?

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 05:02:38 AM

I would live in my home country, more specifically castle Neuschwanstein.

I vow never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling, spam, or to beg for handouts.
SomeoneInNeed

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:07:23 AM

Switzerland.  Or USA.

faiza1990

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:45:11 AM

where is this really beauti a dream place to live

Sutters Mill

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:37:11 AM

where is this really beauti a dream place to live

Disneyland  Grin

Just kidding, the castle at Disneyland was modelled on this.

It is located in Germany: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuschwanstein_Castle

Hogwarts was the inspiration for the Disneyland Castle?  Grin
MakeBelieve

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:20:09 PM

I said earlier in the thead I would love to live in the UK but I would love to live in canada too although I believe Canada is much more expensive than the uk to live in.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Frost000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:27:12 PM

I said earlier in the thead I would love to live in the UK but I would love to live in canada too although I believe Canada is much more expensive than the uk to live in.

Depends where in the UK and where in Canada... Both can be really expensive in some areas while decently cheaper in other areas.
MakeBelieve

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:30:08 PM

Depends where in the UK and where in Canada... Both can be really expensive in some areas while decently cheaper in other areas.

I'm more familar with the UK I would love to live around the london area and I know it can be very expensive but I don't know to much about Canada and I know that living around Vancouver can be very expensive too.

snakebit

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:27:54 AM

It must have mountains and near a lake or river.

faiza1990

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:14:55 AM

I'm more familar with the UK I would love to live around the london area and I know it can be very expensive but I don't know to much about Canada and I know that living around Vancouver can be very expensive too.
London and Vancouver both very expensive then which city are better for living in these countries

uber

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:50:56 AM

If I was filthy rich and didn't even need to worry about managing my investments I would definitely settle down in French Polynesia. At least that's what I would like to believe, maybe I would get bored out of my mind after a year or two there.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: