Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:04:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy or Wait?  (Read 3881 times)
CoinPN (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:21:32 PM

I've been thinking about investing into more bitcoins, and I'm wondering what's the best thing to do right now? Need some advices  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:01:04 PM

Wait until when? The price drops? And then what are you gonna do? You will keep waiting and waiting as it's dropping and you definitely won't buy then. No you will wait for it to go to the bottom, then spike up and then you will be thinking hmm oh it's too late I've missed out, let me keep waiting some more.

If you want to invest into Bitcoin long term the best time to buy is today. It's better to be on the train than off it.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:13:16 PM

Alt-coins Wait

Bitcoin Buy now Tomorrow facebook could start accepting bitcoins and you will wake up to 1,000,000 dolla
kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:17:57 PM

Given the recent price increase, there may be a pull back. So, I don't recommend investing everything in one chunk.
It might be a good idea to start dollar cost averaging in. However, don't make the dollar cost average for a long period of time. Invest your entire sum in a period of three to four months.
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 10:22:51 PM

in the long term it has always been a good time to buy and hold it.
dump those dollars Smiley

canada

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:32:19 PM

i suggest checking out some of these bitcoin reports from this guy's site: http://www.thebitcoinchannel.com/

he's been pretty much on the mark since i started watching since march/april. he's got good advice. personally i'd go in as soon as i could.
nastybit

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:35:16 PM

We are below last ATH (All time high), to me it's safe enough to invest.
Sure thing is you are a bit late.
dg2010 is right, if you are convinced and committed (in case it goes down for a while) buy asap
AmericanBit

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:42:03 PM

Bought another bitcoin yesterday for 825, so already made 100 bucks on that. Always buy, then when it drops, buy more...bitcoin can not be stopped now
dbell

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:54:05 PM

I was late to the party but I bought some as it went up to the mid-December high, bought some at at that high, bought more as it went down to $500 recently and then kept buying some all the way back up to now.  My dollar averaged cost is about $700.  My last purchase was 0.5 BTC at $916.  That is at the current high, but all my buying has been dollar cost averaging over time.  If you think you are a market whiz... use your genius to buy at the "right" time... otherwise,  dollar average your purchases by spreading them out over the change in bit coin cost and you will gain if bitcoin goes up over the long term.
Erdogan
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:58:09 PM

I've been thinking about investing into more bitcoins, and I'm wondering what's the best thing to do right now? Need some advices  Smiley

Just get in.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:00:51 AM

i'm waiting until it hits $5000 before going all in.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 05:18:45 AM

Just do it now. I'll sell you lots of BTC at $5,000. Wink

Erdogan
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:37:58 AM

I don't understand your reasoning. Why buy at 5 times the price, why not now?

If you think that it is safer after that, because then bitcoin has a greater chance to succed, fair enough, but I think we are already well past that point.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:47:15 AM

Buy.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:50:15 AM

I don't understand your reasoning. Why buy at 5 times the price, why not now?

If you think that it is safer after that, because then bitcoin has a greater chance to succed, fair enough, but I think we are already well past that point.

I would say it depends on the % of bitcoins in your portfolio. You can have it according to your preference.

If you already have 50% or more of your wealth in bitcoins, better wait and take the risk that it will never go down.

If you have 20% or less, perhaps buying more now is a good idea.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
EasyQuest

Activity: 198

Brony Bitcoin, Litecoin Miner

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:10:11 AM

Zynga Accepts bitcoin.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-01-05/bitcoin-tops-1-000-again-on-adoption-by-zynga-amid-wider-usage

That is the reason for the sudden rise of BTC.
Paya

Activity: 334

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:11:58 PM

A lot of gaming companies are looking into bitcoin, but so far they've been pretty reluctant because of the unregulated nature of bitcoin which scares them away (at least that was the usual response I was getting). But I think it's only a matter of time before they start jumping into the train. They just need to be sure that they won't run into problems with authorities for dealing with btc payments.
dontek

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:48:05 PM

There's no "right or wrong" time to buy in. There is no "playing of the market" or being able to predict what will happen tomorrow or next week with this. This is all new. There's nothing like it before.

When people ask me "Should I buy in or wait", my reply is do some homework, learn about Bitcoin, and then when you feel comfortable, pull the trigger. Trying to "play" or "time" the market is guarenteed to leave you with less bitcoins than you had or you could have had.

Go with your gut. When your gut says do it, do it. And then don't sit there and stare at the price every hour, day, etc. Just let it ride and come back to it at a later date (a year or so?). There's no right or wrong here. And if you go with "coulda, shoulda, wouldas", you will give yourself an ucler.

Send me your Bitcoin and I will make sure to HODL it safe for you!
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:12:06 AM

There's no "right or wrong" time to buy in. There is no "playing of the market" or being able to predict what will happen tomorrow or next week with this. This is all new. There's nothing like it before.

When people ask me "Should I buy in or wait", my reply is do some homework, learn about Bitcoin, and then when you feel comfortable, pull the trigger. Trying to "play" or "time" the market is guarenteed to leave you with less bitcoins than you had or you could have had.

Go with your gut. When your gut says do it, do it. And then don't sit there and stare at the price every hour, day, etc. Just let it ride and come back to it at a later date (a year or so?). There's no right or wrong here. And if you go with "coulda, shoulda, wouldas", you will give yourself an ucler.

+1
awesome answer.

I will only add, don't invest more than you can afford to lose, because tomorrow, it could all go to zero.

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:15:34 AM

Wait until when? The price drops? And then what are you gonna do? You will keep waiting and waiting as it's dropping and you definitely won't buy then. No you will wait for it to go to the bottom, then spike up and then you will be thinking hmm oh it's too late I've missed out, let me keep waiting some more.

If you want to invest into Bitcoin long term the best time to buy is today. It's better to be on the train than off it.

Exactly, if the price drop sharply, you dare to buy them then?

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀