Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:35:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trading Alternative currencies  (Read 1245 times)
hankhill69 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:49:22 PM

Hi Everyone,

I didnt know where else to put this but,

(Pardon me) Why the FUCK does cryptsy take a FUCKING life time to do a trade always, my trades are getting stuck in open orders for god knows how long. This is costing me money, I CAN NOT trade efficiently. What are some of my other options for trading really quick. Honestly guys I am playing the penny game buy sell buy sell, I can not do that with crytpsy.

Please Help Me,
Hank Hill
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:16:58 PM

You would probably get better advice from the traders at the speculation subforum or the altcoin forum.
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:27:42 PM

thank you for your response
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:29:34 AM

yes cryptsy sucks for daytrading so find another platform.
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:31:13 AM

Do you have any in mind for daytrading?

thank you for your response as well
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:24:58 AM

At the moment Cryptsy is the only place I would trust to trade alt currencies even with its pitfalls. Plan ahead when you can!

There are some other platforms not from what I've seen none of them are any where near as good unfortunately.
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:31:08 AM

At the moment Cryptsy is the only place I would trust to trade alt currencies even with its pitfalls. Plan ahead when you can!

There are some other platforms not from what I've seen none of them are any where near as good unfortunately.

If your knowledge able on this subject how much would it cost to run and setup a exchange site? I can easily run this from america in india on indian servers for a very cheap cost to run them. Just dont have the technical skills but that can be arranged.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 04:49:29 AM

Vircurex
Coined Up
etc.

There are many exchanges out there. Give some a try.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:16:00 AM

btc38 works ok for me and has an increasing number of alts, its in chinese but doesn't take einstein to figure what buttons to hit Wink
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:26:16 AM

btc38 works ok for me and has an increasing number of alts, its in chinese but doesn't take einstein to figure what buttons to hit Wink

Like the site but the chinese is tough last question for you since I cant read chinese do they have markets that I can buy one alternative currency and trade to another currency (e.g buy ANC with LTC -> convert those ANC to BTC)?
ejbones

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:49:40 AM

Like the site but the chinese is tough last question for you since I cant read chinese do they have markets that I can buy one alternative currency and trade to another currency (e.g buy ANC with LTC -> convert those ANC to BTC)?

Haven't checked but you should be able to (certainly with Google Chrome) on your internet browser hit "automatically translate" and 80 to 90% of everything will be at least in some sort of broken english; enough to understand what's happening.
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:46:03 PM

1) btc-e is the only site I would trust, but they dont list 99% of the alts because 99% of them are worthless shit

2) its a zero sum game so make sure you know what you are doing, day trading is extremely difficult and you have very sophisticated, wealthy opponents

3) dont trade in worthless shitcoins trying to make quick bucks, its much easier to just buy and hold btc and ltc and maybe a couple others

4)if you want more profits, stop playing zero sum games and start a business in the bitcoin space, the potential is enormous
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:48:35 PM

Haven't checked but you should be able to (certainly with Google Chrome) on your internet browser hit "automatically translate" and 80 to 90% of everything will be at least in some sort of broken english; enough to understand what's happening.

Didnt even think about that thank you.
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:52:35 PM

1) btc-e is the only site I would trust, but they dont list 99% of the alts because 99% of them are worthless shit

2) its a zero sum game so make sure you know what you are doing, day trading is extremely difficult and you have very sophisticated, wealthy opponents

3) dont trade in worthless shitcoins trying to make quick bucks, its much easier to just buy and hold btc and ltc and maybe a couple others

4)if you want more profits, stop playing zero sum games and start a business in the bitcoin space, the potential is enormous

Tell me if this is a good idea. I have made a profitability calculator which tells me what coins to trade between to markets by converting BTC into LTC then using the calculator to see which coin is profitable at the current moment then converting those coins back into BTC into USD

BTC->LTC->Alternative currency->BTC->USD.............My only problem is the trade is not happening fast enough for me to do this cycle and make a profit.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:56:18 PM

BTC-E works pretty well for day trading alternative currencies, but you will probably want to use another site like bitcoinwisdom or something like that to actually track the charts.   The trades occur quickly, and I have never had a problem with the exchange.   I can vouch for easy trades on LTC, BTC, and NMC, as I have traded those 3 and successfully withdrawn funds several times. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: