Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:57:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WSJ doesn't like Bitcoin  (Read 1442 times)
Hawker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 12:10:05 PM

http://online.wsj.com/video/bitcoin-to-burn-a-hole-in-your-pocket/1FADAD1B-15D6-4250-AD7B-E62556C5D1A3.html?mod=personal_fin_video_newsreel

They make some good points about Bitcoin "banks" disappearing with our money.  They like the concept but not the current state of the Bitcoin infrastructure.  If they are sincere, you should see demand for Bitcoin rocket when we get some decent institutions.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 12:17:14 PM

http://online.wsj.com/video/bitcoin-to-burn-a-hole-in-your-pocket/1FADAD1B-15D6-4250-AD7B-E62556C5D1A3.html?mod=personal_fin_video_newsreel

They make some good points about Bitcoin "banks" disappearing with our money.  They like the concept but not the current state of the Bitcoin infrastructure.  If they are sincere, you should see demand for Bitcoin rocket when we get some decent institutions.
lol @Bitcoin Banks. Jesus Christ we really do need some PR people...
The_Duke

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 12:37:32 PM

I think that calling MyBitcoin a bitcoin bank is the least of bitcoins image problems...

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 03:09:00 PM

Jesus Christ we really do need some PR people...

You mean Bruce Wagner isn't doing it right???   Roll Eyes
the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 05:21:22 PM

I love how they won't call us to discuss it...   Sad

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 05:37:29 PM

I am not surprised so much software dev is done to centralize things in order to make a profit.
It seems only natural. I guess writing software to give away to websites that sell goods to make
them totally independent of centralized places just does not pay the bills. Even if you sold it..
it would eventually just get copied once people start looking at your source.. and clone it without
breaking the license. Because no one is going to stick a binary blob without source on their website
in my opinion.

I hope I made sense... basically a software package that accepts bitcoin payments, can immediately
sell them at an exchange if that is what the owner wants, can assist in doing refundsif needed, keep track
of everything combined with their software commerce package.. etc... And make it low cost enough
or free where anyone can use it.

Thus you cut out a lot of the middlemen except exchanges.. which the software package could just choose
among several and sell at the highest price..
ffuentes

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 05:39:58 PM

I hope to see some day one and serious enterprise with Bitcoin.

Listen Radio Libre (Electronica) Donate. (click for details).

Chilean peso VS BTC ahora: http://irage.ca/2btc.php?a=1&c=CLP&r=1

My bitcoin address
Shortline

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 06:57:40 PM

I hope to see some day one and serious enterprise with Bitcoin.

There already is. Silk Road has over 30,000 members. If even 10% of those are active buyers, that's blowing every other bitcoin related venture out of the water right now.

Somehow everyone seems to forget bitcoin's most stunning success story.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: