Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:43:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Dual 290X CGMINER Middlecoin.com  (Read 885 times)
GravemanSam (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:22:05 PM

I have just started mining with my dual XFX 290X's using cgminer through middlecoin.com. I have been able to maintain a hashrate of about 870 on each card with the following code.

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERECNT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
color02
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp:middlecoin.com:3333 -u XXX -p XXX --gpu-engine 920 --gpu-memclock 1500 --thread-concurrency 27400 --worksize 512 -v 1 --lookup-gap 2 -I 19 -g 1 --gpu-powertune 15

Other Computer Specs

i7-3820 overclocked to 4 GHz liquid cooled
Corsair XMS DDR3 (2x4GB)
1000W Rosewill Lightning PSU
290X reference coolers on both cards, but my temps are staying around 85 C with the fans at 100%

Questions:

1. Is there something i can be doing better with my code or is it always just about tweaking it to your specific set up?

2. Is it worth it to invest in aftermarket coolers or liquid cooling for the GPU's or just stick with the reference coolers at the current temps?

3. I am mining through middlecoin.com and roghly estimating what it says my account has mined on the site I am mining about .01 BTC per day. I know that middlecoin actually mines whatever the most profitable coin is and converts it to BTC, but should I be expecting a higher rate that .01 per day or is that roughy correct for my rig?

4. I have a friend also mining from middlecoin.com using a AMD 7850 and he is getting a mugh high difficulty that I am when mining. My difficulty is normally 300 or lover while he can be over of 2M (i think that is waht he said). Anyway, I am mining roughly 1700 accepted/m while he is much lower because of the difficulty. IS it bette rto have a higher or lower difficulty and does that effect the profitability?

5. Sometimes after I turn off the miner my computer screen starts glitching and crashing multiple times by even something like just moving the mouse or trying to open or close a window. Then I end up having to restart it multiple times and let it sit for a while before it becomes usable again. Am I frying my cards or are they tired or what?

Thanks for any answers.
FrankieSaysRelax

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:31:16 PM

Hey Let me try and help.

1. Just look for what others have tried and test and tweak your config file. You have to constantly keep testing. Look for maximum stability with the best possible hashrates and lower hardware errors.
2. You don't need aftermarket coolers. Just make sure your cards have a good warranty on them.
3. go to middlecoin.com and see the daily payouts. It is sorted by hashrate so you can see what others are getting with the same hash power as you. Keep in minds payouts can be rolled over so it's not 100% accurate - just a measuring stick you can start with.
4. the difficulty rate changes on coin switches. you can always ask on the thread for middlecoin which is pushing 222 pages.
5. try to put the intensity down to 16. If you have an operating system and other software running, it's going to be very difficult to keep it stable. The cards can overheat and crash too. I've found my cards work best on 15-16. You lose some hashrate but if stability is a factor for you, you must consider it.
kosuke85

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:32:54 PM

Make sure when you exit the miner to press "Q" to shut down the process first. You'll know its safe to exit the miner program when the two cards say "DEAD" beside them. If you don't you will cause your display driver to crash, resulting in the experience you described.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: