Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:24:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PHPMiner for CGMiner v3.7.2 / SGMiner 4.1.0+ with multi rig support  (Read 11550 times)
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:39:12 PM

Hi, it seems awesome, but as a linux newbie, I have no ideas on how to make it works. I'm running xubuntu, maybe a strong linux user can help. Btw i'm also stuck with ybc miner install, I don't know how to make it works.

I'd really love some help/support to makes my rigs back to work on scrypt/scrypt-jane with a nice php interface Smiley^

If someone feels like he could help, u can join me on btc talk or on skype @exilepoker.

Thanks
sheinsha

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:40:00 PM

Hi, I am getting "The cronjob never ran!" on a new installation, but it has run multiple times already...
What else could be wrong?

Can you go to the console an run the cronjob manually? what does it say?
I run it manually ./cron.php and it does nothing.. no output at all, not even logs.

I think it is related to this line:
https://github.com/prdatur/phpminer/blob/master/cron.php#L22-L24
Since i dont have any configuration file... As i told you by PM, there is no mention of it in the readme.md

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
prdatur (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:41:23 PM

New version: 1.1.2

Changes:
  - Add linux install scripts for webinterface and rpc client (debian/ubuntu based distro only)
  - Improved readme to make clear that a auto donation exist but can be disabled at ANY time.
  - Enhanced "average" entry per rig.

Notice:
  - If you run on linux, please enter this command as root:
    insserv phpminer_rpcclient
    this is the new way for debian based distros to enable a script to run on boot with dependencies.

After updates always update the phpminer rpcclient and restart the service.
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:48:50 PM

Hi, I am getting "The cronjob never ran!" on a new installation, but it has run multiple times already...

I run it manually ./cron.php and it does nothing.. no output at all, not even logs.

Since i dont have any configuration file... As i told you by PM, there is no mention of it in the readme.md

You can not run the cron with ./cron.php you have to type "php -f cron.php". You should have already a config file after added your first rig to phpminer.
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:49:29 PM

Hi, it seems awesome, but as a linux newbie, I have no ideas on how to make it works. I'm running xubuntu, maybe a strong linux user can help. Btw i'm also stuck with ybc miner install, I don't know how to make it works.

I'd really love some help/support to makes my rigs back to work on scrypt/scrypt-jane with a nice php interface Smiley^

If someone feels like he could help, u can join me on btc talk or on skype @exilepoker.

Thanks

Knew this issue, so i decided to create install scripts for linux (debian/ubuntu based systems)
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:50:14 PM

Hi, I'm not good at PHP, but it seemed that there is a serious issue for your donate design:

// If we mine over 24 hours. Switch to donate pools.
            if ($rig_config['mining_time'] >= 100) { #86400

You saw it correctly, this would switch every 100 seconds. Sad

Oh man, thank you very much, shit, this was a debug value for me to test if it is working good. Tomorroww there will be an update which fix this also with the issue fix to reboot linux machine.

Sorry for that, just forgot to change it back to the 86400 seconds.

I really wish you had disclosed that this will switch your rigs to mine for you as a donation. I read all though the website and this thread and there's no mention of it.  Roll Eyes

Yes, you are right.
I have added the explanation for auto donation to the readme.

However, it should be always a "must go" that after installing a system you check the "settings" page and there is directly the option to disable the donation.
That what I wanted.. people who don't want to donate can simple disable it without any hints or complicated ways and no hidden options.
sheinsha

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:04:37 PM

You can not run the cron with ./cron.php you have to type "php -f cron.php". You should have already a config file after added your first rig to phpminer.
Yes I did that too.. same thing.
By adding a rig to phpminer you say starting phpminer service on the same computer as the web files? There is no config created and the service is running.

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:16:55 AM

By adding a rig to phpminer you say starting phpminer service on the same computer as the web files? There is no config created and the service is running.

No I mean when you open phpminer webinterface you are asked to provide rig details to add a rig, there you have to add your first rig (the machine on which the rpc client is running).
sheinsha

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:20:11 AM

No I mean when you open phpminer webinterface you are asked to provide rig details to add a rig, there you have to add your first rig (the machine on which the rpc client is running).
I never got to that part, i keep getting "The cronjob never ran! ...".
I will reinstall everything in a few hours.
Does this (https://github.com/prdatur/phpminer/blob/master/cron.php#L22-L24) make the cron exit before setting as run?

prdatur (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:44:32 AM

Does this (https://github.com/prdatur/phpminer/blob/master/cron.php#L22-L24) make the cron exit before setting as run?

Yes this can prevent to run the cron.
You could check if a config.json file exist within the config directory. Normally this will be created after adding the first rig.

If not then this is the error.
sheinsha

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:25:53 PM

You could check if a config.json file exist within the config directory. Normally this will be created after adding the first rig.

Ok but how can i add my first rig, if the cron wont run first, so the phpminer web interface wont start.. can i put a dummy config.json? Will you give me one small enough to pass that empty test?
Thanks

gsupp

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:43:20 PM

I really wish you had disclosed that this will switch your rigs to mine for you as a donation. I read all though the website and this thread and there's no mention of it.  Roll Eyes

Yes, you are right.
I have added the explanation for auto donation to the readme.

However, it should be always a "must go" that after installing a system you check the "settings" page and there is directly the option to disable the donation.
That what I wanted.. people who don't want to donate can simple disable it without any hints or complicated ways and no hidden options.

Thank you, that goes a long way.
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:11:59 AM

Ok but how can i add my first rig, if the cron wont run first, so the phpminer web interface wont start.. can i put a dummy config.json? Will you give me one small enough to pass that empty test?
Thanks

when you opening phpminer webinterface and there is no rig configurated you should directly get a dialog where you can add a rig.
If not I have to check what is going wrong however you can press the button on the left side "Add rig". If this will not open the dialog to add a rig, tell me and I have to check this too.
icaros

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:01:47 PM

Rebooting on Sick/DEAD GPU's is still broken. It will send rapidpush notification about rebooting but no RPC command is send to phpminer client.
micabg

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:23:56 PM

Is anywhere how to for dummies?
It would be nice to make a tutorial with pictures or video
sheinsha

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:31:39 PM

Thanks

when you opening phpminer webinterface and there is no rig configurated you should directly get a dialog where you can add a rig.
If not I have to check what is going wrong however you can press the button on the left side "Add rig". If this will not open the dialog to add a rig, tell me and I have to check this too.
I ended up checking the code, there was a library used that was outdated and the browser wouldn't do anything when clicking buttons, and no dialog was shown.
jQuery, i tried 2.0.3 and it worked.

sheinsha

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:01:02 PM

Also, Feature request:
Could you add a button/option to add a pool even if it is not up at the moment?
Code:
Can not connect to the given stratum server.
Do you want to add it anyway?
"Yes - No"

Velocd

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:38:50 PM

Will this work with sgminer?
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:02:43 PM

Will this work with sgminer?

Can't say it right now. Requirements to work is that it accepts all API commands which PHPMiner uses and returns the value the same as CGMiner, and that SGMiner returns a version number which is creater or equal than 3.7.2.
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:04:40 PM

Also, Feature request:
Could you add a button/option to add a pool even if it is not up at the moment?
Code:
Can not connect to the given stratum server.
Do you want to add it anyway?
"Yes - No"

Maybe I will add it in the future, but for now I am waiting a bit with feature request. For me the system works as I expected and I have not the time to work on it day by day for free beside normal work which is also software developing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: