Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:15:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PHPMiner for CGMiner v3.7.2 / SGMiner 4.1.0+ with multi rig support  (Read 11550 times)
prdatur (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:06:38 PM

Quote from: sheinsha
I ended up checking the code, there was a library used that was outdated and the browser wouldn't do anything when clicking buttons, and no dialog was shown.
jQuery, i tried 2.0.3 and it worked.

When it works for you then all fine, but the used jquery version is not outdated. There exist 2 versions of jquery the 1.x and 2.x 1.x has some features enabled which where removed at 2.x but both versions normally works.
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:08:19 PM

Is anywhere how to for dummies?
It would be nice to make a tutorial with pictures or video

No, I have not the time to create such tutorials. For Linux there exist 2 easy "one-click" installation scripts. For windows I have not the best knowledge in windows shell to create such an installation script.
If anybody want's to create such windows installation script, there are welcome.
sheinsha

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:10:23 AM

Quote from: sheinsha
I ended up checking the code, there was a library used that was outdated and the browser wouldn't do anything when clicking buttons, and no dialog was shown.
jQuery, i tried 2.0.3 and it worked.

When it works for you then all fine, but the used jquery version is not outdated. There exist 2 versions of jquery the 1.x and 2.x 1.x has some features enabled which where removed at 2.x but both versions normally works.
You are right, I did not want to say outdated, sorry about that.

Also, Feature request:
Could you add a button/option to add a pool even if it is not up at the moment?
Code:
Can not connect to the given stratum server.
Do you want to add it anyway?
"Yes - No"

Maybe I will add it in the future, but for now I am waiting a bit with feature request. For me the system works as I expected and I have not the time to work on it day by day for free beside normal work which is also software developing.

I understand, I can help with that, I've already sent a PR with a tiny fix, maybe i could try and do it myself, not sure if i can accomplish but will try anyway.

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
ondratra

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:59:46 PM

Great work man!!

I noticed there is need to rename rewrite virtualhost for new apache (i think its >=2.4) - filename has to be phpminer.conf and "Require all granted" added

$ cat /etc/apache2/sites-available/phpminer.conf
Code:
<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@phpminer.yourmachineName
        ServerName phpminer.yourmachineName
ServerAlias phpminer.yourmachineName

DocumentRoot /srv/www/phpminer
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        <Directory /srv/www/phpminer/>
Require all granted
                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
                AllowOverride All
        </Directory>

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log

# Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit,
        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel warn

CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

+ run
Code:
$ sudo apt-get install php5-json

Very good job man Wink Hope you will continue with development. Two thinks would be great:
- user roles (at least basic two - administrator with full right; plus watcher with read only permissions)
- support for new scrypt miners - especially sgminer that gaves me approximately +15kHash/s on r280x card

bitcoinlord

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:22:10 PM

Hi,

Can you add the pagination option to phpminer home page? We have large number of GPU miners running at my place.

Please PM your LTC address and your Skype - I'll send it to you.

bitcoinlord

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:17:58 PM

Hi,

Can you add the pagination option to phpminer home page? We have large number of GPU miners running at my place.

Please PM your LTC address and your Skype - I'll send it to you.

LTCs donation is sent to your Lh5sjSpN88N3PeG3vyQD9h6bz2jV4tdoke

Please contact me via Skype (PM sent).

gsupp

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:59:37 PM

+1 I also would like to known if there is a way to not use PHPMiner RPC and just the cgminer API (I do not need restart)

Sorry it is not possible to run this without phpminer rpc. The problem is that my system supports multi rig setup.
PHPMiner rpc is required in order to restart cgminer, reboot the rig and reading / writing the config files to cgiminer.
This is needed to ensure that cgminer is started with the latest config's which you configurated.
Also when you switch a pool group, the new pool config needs to be written to the cgminer.conf file.

I don't understand why phpminer-rpc is required. I also would like to use PHPMiner without installing the phpminer-rpc service on every rig. Restarting cgminer and writing the cgminer config file can all be done through the cgminer API. I only see rebooting the rig and killing/restarting cgminer when the process is defunct that would require a separate service running on each rig. If we just didn't use those features, would PHPMiner still function with the rest of the features?
extera

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:06:14 PM

Hi,

I have installed phpminer and de RPC clients on 2 SMOS 1.3 rigs.

They are working correctly, but only untill reboot.
After reboot the RPC client does not auto start, and I can't find a way to start it manually.

Readouts are working with the client running, but I can't change pool.

Hope you can help me fix this!

I would also like to vote for sgminer support!
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:59:56 PM

+1 I also would like to known if there is a way to not use PHPMiner RPC and just the cgminer API (I do not need restart)

Sorry it is not possible to run this without phpminer rpc. The problem is that my system supports multi rig setup.
PHPMiner rpc is required in order to restart cgminer, reboot the rig and reading / writing the config files to cgiminer.
This is needed to ensure that cgminer is started with the latest config's which you configurated.
Also when you switch a pool group, the new pool config needs to be written to the cgminer.conf file.

I don't understand why phpminer-rpc is required. I also would like to use PHPMiner without installing the phpminer-rpc service on every rig. Restarting cgminer and writing the cgminer config file can all be done through the cgminer API. I only see rebooting the rig and killing/restarting cgminer when the process is defunct that would require a separate service running on each rig. If we just didn't use those features, would PHPMiner still function with the rest of the features?

If you don't read all entries than your thinking would be correct.
But I wrote that phpminer rpc is required also to write config files.
CGminer has the possiblity to write a config file but after a test i noticed that this command does not really write the correct values.
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:02:58 PM

Hi,

I have installed phpminer and de RPC clients on 2 SMOS 1.3 rigs.

They are working correctly, but only untill reboot.
After reboot the RPC client does not auto start, and I can't find a way to start it manually.

Readouts are working with the client running, but I can't change pool.

Hope you can help me fix this!

I would also like to vote for sgminer support!

In the README there is written
First method:
service phpminer_rpcclient start

Second method:
Other

You should get the information for your distribution to run a script on system startup.

The command which needs to be executed is:

php -f {/PATH/TO/phpminer_rpcclient}/index.php

Replace {/PATH/TO/phpminer_rpcclient} to the path where you copied the phpminer_rpcclient.

Can not really understand why it isn't workling for your after rebooting.
I have tested the service for my own rig which also run's SMOS and there the service was started after reboot correctly.

On the weekend I will investigate some time to check it again.
bitcoinlord

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:53:34 AM

You may want to turn on the services that will restart phpminer_rpcclient automatically after reboot.

Code:
chkconfig phpminer_rpcclient on

sheinsha

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:04:51 AM

I have added Support for Push.co Notification, compatible with iOS devices that were not usable with RapidPush.
Check the PR https://github.com/prdatur/phpminer/pull/3

Also made a modification to the phpminer_rpcclient service function that finds cgminer PID, please check if that seems correct to you.
I was not paying attention and merged all commits to my master, so the PR has both Push.co support and fixes. I could split them if there is something you don't want to merge.

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
extera

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:08:42 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 08:23:21 PM by extera

Oh yeah! its working now!

did the following:

Code:
apt-get install chkconfig 

Just 2 more things before its perfect (for me at least).

- Restarting of cgminer does not work. Maybe because SMOS uses the 'mine start' command?
- I get no notification when I power off my rig (simulating a total crash).

By the way, the RPC client does not start in 'screen' as it did right after installing it.

@ sheinsha. I can't find a way to download your edited files?
I accidentally forked phpminer now, no way to remove it

feel like such a newb now Cheesy
bitcoinlord

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:21:33 PM

Oh yeah! its working now!

did the following:

Code:
apt-get install chkconfig 

To restart the cgminer, you need to follow this command:
Code:
/etc/init.d/phpminer_rpcclient restart

extera

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:25:38 PM

Damn!

It's still not working!
I taught it was, because switching pools works. But this seems to work without the RPC client running already.
Switching pool group however does not.

Back to start Sad

Tried starting the RPC in every way I could think of, but no luck.
No output in the CLI after starting either.
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:51:15 AM

Damn!

It's still not working!
I taught it was, because switching pools works. But this seems to work without the RPC client running already.

Back to start Sad

Today is weekend, will investigate some time. When you have skype or icq please send me a PM with contact info so we can work together to find out the problem.

@sheinsha
Will check it today or tomorrow.
sheinsha

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:35:50 AM

@sheinsha
Ok no problem let me know if you find anything

@ sheinsha. I can't find a way to download your edited files?
I accidentally forked phpminer now, no way to remove it
feel like such a newb now Cheesy

Github forking is in no way wrong, so dont worry!
You could clone my repo instead of the main one, but i would wait for prdatur to test it first and you could just pull when merged.

Mylo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

%insert your text% soon!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:21:02 PM

Damn!

It's still not working!

Back to start Sad

Today is weekend, will investigate some time. When you have skype or icq please send me a PM with contact info so we can work together to find out the problem.

@sheinsha

MAN! If this will work out for me, I'll send some satoshies your way for sure!

The only thing I was wondering about a CGWatcher/CGRemote developer was:

I need to have an ability of a quick pool switch of all my miners' hashpower (~10 rigs) to a new pool, is there a feature that can do it?
Basically, all I need to enter is a new pool address and logins generated like *user*.[1 to 10] and passwords generated all the same.
Nevermind the pool, can be a solo mine to one network wallet too!

Is it possible man?

A feature that can add, edit and delete pools on the fly across all rigs.
bitcoinlord

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:23:51 PM

I need to have an ability of a quick pool switch of all my miners' hashpower (~10 rigs) to a new pool, is there a feature that can do it?
Basically, all I need to enter is a new pool address and logins generated like *user*.[1 to 10] and passwords generated all the same.
Nevermind the pool, can be a solo mine to one network wallet too!

Is it possible man?

A feature that can add, edit and delete pools on the fly across all rigs.

That feature is already available. You need to use pool groups to manage the pools.

ballot

Activity: 969
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:16:18 PM

rpc has no windows version so i think it doesnt work under windows
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: