Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:05:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 3rd Generation Cryptocurrency Development Team  (Read 3104 times)
flasheart (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

90% of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:31:50 AM

This is a short announcement.  I am looking for 4 other individuals to join our team to discuss and strategize on a cryptocurrency that is more then just a currency.  Something that has true global appeal and solves problems of today, and leverages what this community has already learned.  Eventually I have hopes this team will develop a whitepaper outlining the coins development needs and global application (use).

I am not a programmer but someone with 20 years history working with fortune 100 companies and government organizations.  I hope to proposition a major player in the software world (like Google, Microsoft, HP, etc..) to do the actual development. 

The world is ready for cryptocurrency, they just don't know it or understand it.

If you are interested in joining this team I am, and will not ask for any money or donations... just your time and a signed non-disclosure agreement.

Success of this project may mean your place on its board of directors along with an annual salary.

Our plans at this time is any coins developed out of this project not be pre-mined... support both the SHA256 and Scrypt communities, and offer far more use then just another currency.

I have more to say, but will not at this time.

Interested people please PM me and in 500 words or less convince me why you should be on the team.  Include your linkedin profile if desired.

Expect a time commitment of 10 hours per week for the next few months, may increase from there.

FLASHEART COMPUTRONIC AND CRYPTOGRAPHIC MINING DISPENSARY

EAC: ejivtoN3m1FmNvN8N3E4gSh8AX6XNMhzB2 | LTC: LVqAT6xBbxytnZ4ndVgD2BQNUtb6Dv59Cn | BTC: 187P7jMH5VeFCFRNBQcePZkAvEMDZ2JXsb  Anything else isn't worth keeping.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flasheart (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:32:56 AM

Reserved

EAC: ejivtoN3m1FmNvN8N3E4gSh8AX6XNMhzB2 | LTC: LVqAT6xBbxytnZ4ndVgD2BQNUtb6Dv59Cn | BTC: 187P7jMH5VeFCFRNBQcePZkAvEMDZ2JXsb  Anything else isn't worth keeping.
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:38:16 AM

I am not a programmer but someone with 20 years history working with fortune 100 companies and government organizations.  I hope to proposition a major player in the software world (like Google, Microsoft, HP, etc..) to do the actual development.
Expect a time commitment of 10 hours per week for the next few months, may increase from there.

these sounds to me like redflags here...
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 12:39:37 AM

PM sent, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
flasheart (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:40:28 AM

Everyone on the team will know WHO I am, my professional history, etc...

moving along.

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:41:27 AM

moving along.

No IPO? I was looking to dump some btc
flasheart (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:43:57 AM

moving along.

No IPO? I was looking to dump some btc

You may want to dump that BTC if this thing goes where I think it could.... but don't dump it on us, fatten your own wallet with USD.

MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:47:59 AM

3rd generation,  but I don't understand your statement about but don't dump it on us, fatten your own wallet with USD. are you looking to peg your coin with USD?
flasheart (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:51:45 AM

3rd generation,  but I don't understand your statement about but don't dump it on us, fatten your own wallet with USD. are you looking to peg your coin with USD?

NO.  I'm looking to develop a coin that is aimed at replacing Bitcoin.

2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 12:56:53 AM

That's already being done.  It's called Nxt.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
flasheart (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:00:37 AM

That's already being done.  It's called Nxt.

NXT has pushed the envelop, done new things, and I'll give it credit that its 1000% better then about 90% of the other coins out there.

That said, its not what we are trying to develop.

panonym

Activity: 266

Help and Love one another ♥

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:01:14 AM

Mining is no 3rd gen.
Consider proof of burn.
flasheart (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:43:35 AM

Mining is no 3rd gen.
Consider proof of burn.

I don't see how Proof of Burn is forward thinking or would gather global acceptance.  That said, I welcome all reasonable suggestions into the discussion even if you are not selected to be part of the team.

panonym

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:56:30 AM

Mining is no 3rd gen.
Consider proof of burn.

I don't see how Proof of Burn is forward thinking or would gather global acceptance.  That said, I welcome all reasonable suggestions into the discussion even if you are not selected to be part of the team.

My point is:
Whatever your code, function, innovation, etc.
At one time you need to distribute your coins.
Aspect such as trustlessness, scam-proof-ability & fair wealth repartition are major part of any new project.
Ask an IPO & you're pretty sure to labelled as scammer for good reason.
Propose a sha mining, 51% attacked direct.
Propose a scrypt mining, get lost amongst all the other crap.

Now you may see better why I mention proof of burn.
A quality start may soon have more importance than all the rest.
Leading to global acceptance.

Just compare the style of Ripple/MSC/NXT and the style of XCP (counterparty protocol).
New coin I spotted today is NEON.
I'm not convinced by it, many problem.
Not convince by inflationist Proof of stack either.
Many idea, but the security is flawed.
That say, just having to be a node to get reward is interesting.
Could also be mesured by the data your upload as masternode to the network or something.

For now my preference is XCP.
A good start is what you need for global acceptance.
flasheart (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:04:49 AM

Mining is no 3rd gen.
Consider proof of burn.

I don't see how Proof of Burn is forward thinking or would gather global acceptance.  That said, I welcome all reasonable suggestions into the discussion even if you are not selected to be part of the team.

My point is:
Whatever your code, function, innovation, etc.
At one time you need to distribute your coins.
Aspect such as trustlessness, scam-proof-ability & fair wealth repartition are major part of any new project.
Ask an IPO & you're pretty sure to labelled as scammer for good reason.
Propose a sha mining, 51% attacked direct.
Propose a scrypt mining, get lost amongst all the other crap.

Now you may see better why I mention proof of burn.
A quality start may soon have more importance than all the rest.
Leading to global acceptance.

Just compare the style of Ripple/MSC/NXT and the style of XCP (counterparty protocol).
New coin I spotted today is NEON.
I'm not convinced by it, many problem.
Not convince by inflationist Proof of stack either.
Many idea, but the security is flawed.
That say, just having to be a node to get reward is interesting.
Could also be mesured by the data your upload as node to the network or something.

For now my preference is XCP.
A good start is what you need for global acceptance.

Valued insight.  But I'm not looking to compete with other coins, and I'd like to explain my big picture goals but currency is only a small piece of it.  I am not looking to directly develop it or even launch it here.  I'm looking to develop the framework, design, etc... then have a big company develop it and launch it.

At what point does say Microsoft or Google get off the bench?  Bill Gates supports the idea of crypto currencies.  Google has stated it likes crypto but not Bitcoin because it has flaws...

By partnering with a major player to help program and launch the framework that we help to develop we'll see an evolution in the crypto market.

The only thing we MAY launch are some test coins to mesh out new features not yet in existence, and that only if our team has the skill set to do so.

For the most part, consider this group a think tank... Not a scam IPO or coin.... That said, after coin launch I hope these members will find a place, if they so desire, administering the coin's future.

smallplatf

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 02:06:44 AM

pm sent!

MED: MeGbEre5ZyD3ug946sPuq5C6yy8ZPriwhf | BTC: 16EGB9xjGDANkfF8rw2sg29RcFmLPWLnhZ | http://www.mediterraneancoin.org | https://twitter.com/MEDDevTeam | http://forum.mediterraneancoin.org
forester

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:07:29 AM

Agree, and the part with proposition to Google/MS/HP sounds really weird too. They are not even going to talk to you unless you've really worked with fortune 100 companies and have relevant connections. But if that's the case then why are you looking for programmers here? Next thing, what's wrong about posting your linkedin profile in the thread so that everybody can see?
flasheart (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:23:52 AM

I am not a programmer but someone with 20 years history working with fortune 100 companies and government organizations.  I hope to proposition a major player in the software world (like Google, Microsoft, HP, etc..) to do the actual development.

Agree, and the part with proposition to Google/MS/HP sounds really weird too. They are not even going to talk to you unless you've really worked with fortune 100 companies and have relevant connections. But if that's the case then why are you looking for programmers here? Next thing, what's wrong about posting your linkedin profile in the thread so that everybody can see?

I was considering this request as I don't have anything to hide in my profile besides personal information.  However after further thought I don't want this to be about me and my qualifications etc, where I went to college, what projects I've been involved in, who are my connections in the business world...

I have yet to see a precedent where other coin developers provide this information for public scrutiny before they make an announcement thread, but who knows... it might be a good way to decide if a project or coin has potential.

Will I share this personal and professional information within our group... absolutely.. and I would expect similar disclosures from our other group members.

I will say though that my wife currently does Information Assurance for HP, and I myself am a former HP employee (I've gone on to do consulting work for other organizations).  Professionally I am a Process Architect with a specialty in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.  I have many professional certifications to include ITIL, Six Sigma, Project Management, CBCI, and many others.

I am relatively new to crypto-currencies but not big government and big companies.  I'm looking for people here because I think there is more crypto currency experience on these forums then in any board room.

forester

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:22:43 AM

I see it as a failure already, you don't seem to know what you are doing (no offence). I'd recommend you to post all your ideas and see if you find some constructive criticism then get in contact with those people and develop the product (and I'm pretty sure it's going to be very different from what your current ideas are about). NDA is not going to work because of many reasons: main one is that there is nothing behind this NDA and nobody needs rough ideas. Ideas worth nothing. Next one is if for example I want to break NDA I can easily do it and you won't be able to do anything about it unless you are going to work only with people from the States (since you sound like you are from the States Smiley and preferably will personally meet them to sign the agreement.
It's crypto and it's time of open source Wink
panonym

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:10:00 AM

Be it with proof of burn or other distribution way, competition with other coins is not necessary.
There is hater, but that's useless.

nobody needs rough ideas. Ideas worth nothing.
I tend to disagree.
Ideas worth everything.

This is the cipherworld here.
Open your mind to see everything from different perspective.

I like that you consider this group a think tank.

Will I share this personal and professional information within our group... absolutely..
and I would expect similar disclosures from our other group members.
Your professional information, yes share it.
Personal information, it's up to you.
Personally, I only share what I wish to share. Don't expect too hardly, you may close valuable door.
Given enough time, honesty reflect itself. As does utility.
Given name, familly name. What's the difference between them and a chosen name?
It's just an alphanumeric code, 'useful for arbitrary entity-concept separation.
A private key and a name, same same, except on convenience, security & provability.
Also, one rely on centralized certification (states), the other is worldwide decentralized.

I am relatively new to crypto-currencies but not big government and big companies.
I'm looking for people here because I think there is more crypto currency experience on these forums then in any board room.
I know pretty much nothing about big government and big companies.
Also, I'm no techguy. So many people here are much more advanced/experienced with crypto than me.
Yet I think I grasp relatively well the main concepts, and many of those in development.

As you wrote it 90% of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at.

You may find peculiar people on this forum.
I guess I'm an obsessive freak for example *laugh
That give the advantage of seeing things in an atypical way, maybe.

Up to you.
You intent are unclear. But I wouldn't mind being a kind of adviser, propose ideas, discuss them, etc.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: