Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:16:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBrew Promotion!  (Read 2924 times)
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 03:06:12 PM

Bought the Jamaican blue mountain and it's amazing!

I must say I am impressed with bitbrew!

Thanks, deherbs!

I figure, if I'm going to ask people to convert to bitcoins (if they haven't already), send some to me, wait a few days for their coffee to be delivered, and come back for more, it better be worth it.

Still around.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ErgoOne

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 12:42:32 AM

Edd's got the right idea.  And IMHO the right product.  I've ordered two batches (five types) of coffee from him now.  The Sumatra and Peruvian were excellent: I've had better only from some *very* fine coffee roasters.  The Jamaica Blue Mountain is superb; it isn't my favorite varietal, but it is my mother's and she will be getting a batch for Christmas.  The Ethiopian Harrar is within a shade of the best I've ever had and definitely the best that I can find now -- I've ordered it twice and expect I'll be ordering it regularly.
BitPorium

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 02:14:19 AM

I got the darwins delight and karmic sumatra. All i can say is, karmic sumatra may be the best coffe i have ever had. Im definately buying more. Amazed at the price. Cant go wrong.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 02:37:59 AM

Thanks for the rave reviews, everyone!

I'll take this opportunity to mention that the "Refer-A-Friend" promotion will be winding down soon.

New 10% coupon codes for this promotion will not be generated after the end of September. All existing 10% coupon codes will be good until the end of October and referrers will be eligible to receive the 15% coupon code until then, as well.

15% referrer codes will be good until the end of November of this year.

Still around.
annelions

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 02:42:06 AM

Loose-leaf tea as well as coffee? I may have to do some Christmas shopping here. Wink

Any chance of getting pics and/or more details for some of the teas (like the chamomile and the herbal berry)? "Gunpowder green" would be leaf powder, not actual leaves?
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 02:48:24 AM

Loose-leaf tea as well as coffee? I may have to do some Christmas shopping here. Wink

Any chance of getting pics and/or more details for some of the teas (like the chamomile and the herbal berry)? "Gunpowder green" would be leaf powder, not actual leaves?

I hope to get more images up on the site soon and will definitely flesh out the descriptions.

"Gunpowder" is just the name of a certain type of green tea. It may have gotten its name because the leaves resembled gunpowder pellets.

Still around.
annelions

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 02:58:31 AM

I hope to get more images up on the site soon and will definitely flesh out the descriptions.

"Gunpowder" is just the name of a certain type of green tea. It may have gotten its name because the leaves resembled gunpowder pellets.

Ah ha. I thought it was the fine powdered tea that I sometimes see at the Asian market. I don't actually drink much tea myself, but I have relatives that love the stuff.  Cheesy
Reckman

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 12:30:27 AM

up

amazing coffee
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 01:08:15 AM

Just got my first delivery.

Nice packaging and quick delivery to Europe.
I've no grinding machine at home yet so I didn't actually test the products, but the smells are quite promising.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 03:32:16 PM

I've no grinding machine at home yet so I didn't actually test the products, but the smells are quite promising.
Just got my manual grinder, an AeroPress and tested The Cup of Excellence(r) - Nicaragua. Very good coffee, recommended to all coffee enthusiasts. I usually drink coffee at work (done with a Jura grinder/brewer) only but I might very well change my morning breakfast routine now...

By the way I don't regret purchasing the AeroPress either : I could put it against a Bodum brewer and it clearly wins : there's more flavor in the cup and less hassle cleaning the AeroPress.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 04:55:10 PM

Just got my manual grinder, an AeroPress and tested The Cup of Excellence(r) - Nicaragua. Very good coffee, recommended to all coffee enthusiasts. I usually drink coffee at work (done with a Jura grinder/brewer) only but I might very well change my morning breakfast routine now...

By the way I don't regret purchasing the AeroPress either : I could put it against a Bodum brewer and it clearly wins : there's more flavor in the cup and less hassle cleaning the AeroPress.

Thanks for this post, gyverlb. I've been looking for a good grinder to offer and was leaning toward the Bodum simply because my roaster has started carrying their products. I'll look into AeroPress now, however.

Still around.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 07:52:42 PM

No joke - best coffee I've ever had. Got here fast as well. Thank you!
ErgoOne

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 10:30:54 PM

Just finished my last bit of the Edd's Ethiopian Harrar I had in stock.  Fortunately I have some more on its way, should arrive today or tomorrow.  :-)  I'm a coffee nut -- I frequently order coffee beans from some very fine roasters.  I wouldn't have bought Edd's coffee more than once for the novelty of being able to use Bitcoins to pay.  This will be my third or fourth order from him when it gets here, so you can take it for a given that I recommend his coffee.  (The customer service is quite good too.)
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 08:56:05 AM

Apologizes if this has been answered but where do I pay my Bitcoins to after I check out?
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 07:22:26 PM

Apologizes if this has been answered but where do I pay my Bitcoins to after I check out?

I know you've already paid, Xenland, but I'll answer this anyway for anyone who might also wonder upon their first purchase.

Until I install a bitcoin friendly SCI that meets my high standards, I'll be manually emailing adresses for payment.

Still around.
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 08:22:03 PM

I know you've already paid, Xenland, but I'll answer this anyway for anyone who might also wonder upon their first purchase.

Until I install a bitcoin friendly SCI that meets my high standards, I'll be manually emailing adresses for payment.

Whats a SCI? is that some kind of payment processor?

Whats high standards to you because you might be interested in my Cheaper In Bitcoins system...it works by sending all Bitcoins to an offline address. and it calls "getrecievedbyaddress" to retrieve how much BTC was sent to the address. its pretty simple system and pretty fail safe. Worst case scenario someone breaks into your hostingbox and edits the file that has the static address and then replace it with there own address. But I'm sure you could run some cronjobs to counter this method by having the cronjobs emailing you when the bitcoin address has been changed.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 08:28:32 PM

SCI = Shopping Cart Interface

I'll send you a PM about your system.

Still around.
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 03:55:05 PM

Thanks Edd received my Herbal Berry Tea, and I gotta say its very delicious, It has more flavour then any store bought tea that I have ever tried.
I will be purchasing again! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: