Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:24:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: Digital or Virtual currency?  (Read 445 times)
Lorem_Ipsum (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:50:10 AM

I understand that currency is just one of Bitcoin’s uses, but in that capacity would you consider it a digital or virtual currency or both? And why?

(I ask because I keep seeing it referred to in both ways and was wondering what the people of this forum thought.)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4507

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:57:40 AM

I understand that currency is just one of Bitcoin’s uses, but in that capacity would you consider it a digital or virtual currency or both? And why?

(I ask because I keep seeing it referred to in both ways and was wondering what the people of this forum thought.)

very very laymans terms the average joe dont know the difference. but in some peoples minds virtual gives the impression of virtual reality = false reality.. thus giving people a uneasy mind when thinking about bitcoin being virtual (false). so i prefer to use the term digital, purely to avoid this subconscious thought entering peoples minds

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:02:03 AM

virtual = Existing in the mind, especially as a product of the imagination.
digital = representing data as a series of numerical values

i'd go with digital.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: