Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 06:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USA Bank receive USD withdrawal from MtGox  (Read 1299 times)
chipichapa (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:21:20 AM

I got a message from MtGox saying that they do not support Citibank USA for sending USD withdrawals to.

I am not sure if its more the case that Citibank wont receive from them.

Does anybody know of any USA bank which MtGox "supports", so that I can try to send some dollars there?
chipichapa (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:31:26 AM

what I mean is:

I got a message from MtGox saying that they do not support Citibank USA for sending USD withdrawals to.

Does anybody know of any USA bank which MtGox "supports", so that I can try to send some dollars there?

For example, Wells Fargo, or maybe smaller banks in state where one lives?Huh??
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 4540

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:07:45 AM

well in a fair world no bank should refuse any transfer unless proven illegal. its supposedly your money and they are supposedly meant to keep customers happy, unless proven to be related to criminal activity.

make a complaint to your banks head office as to reasons why they would decline such a payment and get some authorisation or promise that they would not decline such payments

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:29:56 AM

why are you using mtgox when your in/from America ?

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:37:14 AM

well in a fair world no bank should refuse any transfer unless proven illegal. its supposedly your money and they are supposedly meant to keep customers happy, unless proven to be related to criminal activity.

make a complaint to your banks head office as to reasons why they would decline such a payment and get some authorisation or promise that they would not decline such payments

why not just buy and sell things with bitcoin ?

bitpay offers merchant services its in the US

if you want to buy something ask the shop to

use bitpay then you get to hold onto your coin

as it rises in value!

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
kwoody

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:07:58 AM

I have a bit over $8000 pending withdraws from mtgox to wells fargo. been waiting about a month now
chipichapa (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:30:54 AM

Have you asked them about the delay? It could be they also don't support Wells Fargo?
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4620
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:47:01 AM

Have you asked them about the delay? It could be they also don't support Wells Fargo?

I'm still waiting for my $5k wire requested in the middle of Aug 2013 to Wells Fargo.

Mt. Gox has made no mention of Wells Fargo being an issue in the delay in the few brief interactions I've had with support about it.  But what little they said was pretty clearly not truthful so it would be hard to put much stock in whatever their support does or does not say.  Unfortunately.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
FenixRD

Activity: 364

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:54:49 AM

Can confirm Citibank closes customer accounts for bitcoin activity. Try BofA for a big chain. USAA has been fine too, but you must be eligible of course. Chase is also looking bad, but no closures Bitcoin-specific for average users.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
MikeXBT

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:59:45 AM

Pick another bank and you may see your wire by May. USD withdrawals are not properly processed by Gox. Haven't been since Summer '13.
FenixRD

Activity: 364

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:18:46 AM

Pick another bank and you may see your wire by May. USD withdrawals are not properly processed by Gox. Haven't been since Summer '13.

That's a separate issue, and very true. One of my company's main activities could politely be described as "rescuing Bitcoiners from the infinite Gox". But plenty of people still stick with Gox hoping to receive the higher amount, which is nuts, when it will have risen 10x by the time you get it. I just did some business with a fellow who drove to me (for this amount I would have come to him, but he was in the area already). He'd waited 6 months on Gox, and finally gave up. Got $6k out of them, which is oh... around 1% of what he was owed. Fucking ridiculous. Now he can finally buy the property he'd been looking at.

You might want to just give up on Gox, unless you don't care when you get the money, or how much it could have moved as bitcoin in the meantime. If it's at least a full BTC or two, feel free to give me a shout also.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: