Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:20:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: !<~~~~~[BAT] BatCoin - The Reincarnation [Stay tuned] ~~~~~>!  (Read 233760 times)
poolers

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:50:18 AM

We have mined 14 guano blocks after I posted the screenshot this morning. The first guano block of the contest was found 3 minutes into the contest. Keep it going!

https://bat.poolers.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adjed

Activity: 400
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:53:18 AM

Hi guys just downloaded the osx wallet but doesn't work on mavericks, at least on mine.

Any clue?

Thanks
it should work ok, i have tested on my mac Smiley
does it crash on yours?
if so, send me the crash report i will try to help you

Hi! When I open the wallet nothing happens, nothing appears.

Do you know what it could be?

Thanks!
Nitroshock

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:36:58 AM

We have mined 14 guano blocks after I posted the screenshot this morning. The first guano block of the contest was found 3 minutes into the contest. Keep it going!

I've been mining at poolers for a few days now... been pretty happy with the pool/stability/results.  Haven't had a single disconnect or had to restart a single miner even once.  And hey... looks like I found a guano block.  Yay!

It's bitter-sweet that the difficulty is going up but at least we've got a decent pool to use.  Let's keep voting to get this coin on the exchanges.

To Da Moon!
poolers

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:04:09 AM

I've been mining at poolers for a few days now... been pretty happy with the pool/stability/results.  Haven't had a single disconnect or had to restart a single miner even once.  And hey... looks like I found a guano block.  Yay!

It's bitter-sweet that the difficulty is going up but at least we've got a decent pool to use.  Let's keep voting to get this coin on the exchanges.

To Da Moon!

Congrats on the guano block!  I'm glad to hear that it has been stable for you. I have been doing a lot of performance tweaks over the past day or so and was worried that people would get disconnected while I was messing with the server.  I still have a few modifications to make that are going to require a restart of the stratum server but downtime will only be about 30 seconds. I will announce ahead of time when this is going to happen so that people aren't alarmed.

If you have your cgminer config setup to switch pools when your main pool goes down please take note of the info above. Downtime will only be 30 seconds. I will give everyone 24 hours notice before the restart.
.Batman. (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:55:34 AM

Hi guys just downloaded the osx wallet but doesn't work on mavericks, at least on mine.

Any clue?

Thanks
it should work ok, i have tested on my mac Smiley
does it crash on yours?
if so, send me the crash report i will try to help you

Hi! When I open the wallet nothing happens, nothing appears.

Do you know what it could be?

Thanks!

its a dmg file, it should first mount on your mac
could be that you have the old version?

account has been hacked and ownership has been restored! this act has reincarnated us so stay tuned for updates!
.Batman. (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:07:59 AM

Promoters wanted Here

account has been hacked and ownership has been restored! this act has reincarnated us so stay tuned for updates!
nfigueir

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:02:38 PM

was about to make a comment about how difficulty is over 2 finally, and bam. 40% of the net hash is gone. difficulty down to under 1.5 once again and net hash rate down from about 110 to about 60 MH/s, with poolers having 50 MH/s out of the 60. some pool musta shut down temporarily? lets hope this doesnt cause any problems with forking again.

just checked, all 5 pools working,
seems like some big miners are making a quick batload of coins and than waiting for diff to drop down again or something like that
i hope soon it won't be possible when we get more constant miners

I have a doubt which I'm sure someone will clarify me.

Why don't coins choose to retarget the diff at every block to prevent this type of assaults by big hashers? As far as I can see it, this type of thing only hurts a coin since during the time the blockchain has bigger difficulty, the persons which keep the coin alive are the low(er) hashrate guys, while when the the diff decreases, the big guys come in and it is like a desert for the small guys.

I personally don't see any disadvantage to this method other then to remove an unfair advantage to very big rigs since if you have a big rig you will always have the opportunity to have higher payouts (which is fair since money was invested in those rigs)

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
rock96

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:08:21 PM

Batcoin is the future  Grin  Grin

AqcUc74st5EA5EaKmvFs3XiHXnkBH7LhbE
.Batman. (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:14:54 PM

take a look at out cryptsy vote! more than 450 votes in 15 days and counting!
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/forums/191571/recent

sweets984

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:17:44 PM

Someone is fudging the figures... It only serves to devalue it as it looks faked. Wouldnt surprise me it was a tactic like doge users did to coinye coin, pretending to be a supporter but actually dropping its value.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:18:20 PM

I also voted on coinmarket.io

New exchange, but fast!!  Been using it for KDC and it works great!!

.Batman. (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:25:06 PM

Someone is fudging the figures... It only serves to devalue it as it looks faked. Wouldnt surprise me it was a tactic like doge users did to coinye coin, pretending to be a supporter but actually dropping its value.

i hope it won't hurt us

tabjohn

Activity: 149

TABJOHN

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:43:46 PM

was about to make a comment about how difficulty is over 2 finally, and bam. 40% of the net hash is gone. difficulty down to under 1.5 once again and net hash rate down from about 110 to about 60 MH/s, with poolers having 50 MH/s out of the 60. some pool musta shut down temporarily? lets hope this doesnt cause any problems with forking again.

seems like some big miners are making a quick batload of coins and than waiting for diff to drop down again or something like that

Why don't coins choose to retarget the diff at every block to prevent this type of assaults by big hashers? As far as I can see it, this type of thing only hurts a coin since during the time the blockchain has bigger difficulty, the persons which keep the coin alive are the low(er) hashrate guys, while when the the diff decreases, the big guys come in and it is like a desert for the small guys.

I personally don't see any disadvantage to this method other then to remove an unfair advantage to very big rigs since if you have a big rig you will always have the opportunity to have higher payouts (which is fair since money was invested in those rigs)

BatCoin is not so bad in this matter, because diff retarget occurs every 40 blocks, which is about 1 hour. Take a LiteCoin for example, where diff retarget occurs once per 2,5 (or 3,5 - I don't remember exactly) days. Look at RonPaulCoin, where diff retarget was supposed to be per one day, but at the moment when hashcows started mining it for few hours, then siff exploded up to 78 and it took 1-2 weeks to change it. Now in RonPaulCoin the devs change diff retarget so max diff change is +-12%. I don't know if BatCoin has similar mechanism (Batman, can you answer?) but even without it BatCoin seems to be stable, because even if there will be massive diff explode and much hash power dissapaer then it shouldn't hurt BatCoin as much (Batman, am I right?)

TABJOHN
Mike_Rotch

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:47:14 PM

DMD for example re-targets it's  difficulty every block but still it's a problem....

you are absolutely right! the biggest problem are multipools and the really tragic thing is they don't see that the devalue the coin with this behaviour because many of the normal miners get out of the network and don't support the coin anymore if it's to small and bounces around too much because like you said it's like a desert then!

I personally think we are in the age of quantum mechanics thinking in terms of darwin with survival of the fittest will get us nowhere! it's like taking a step back 4000years, an eye for an eye!...

BatCoin is not so bad in this matter, because diff retarget occurs every 40 blocks, which is about 1 hour. Take a LiteCoin for example, where diff retarget occurs once per 2,5 (or 3,5 - I don't remember exactly) days. Look at RonPaulCoin, where diff retarget was supposed to be per one day, but at the moment when hashcows started mining it for few hours, then siff exploded up to 78 and it took 1-2 weeks to change it. Now in RonPaulCoin the devs change diff retarget so max diff change is +-12%. I don't know if BatCoin has similar mechanism (Batman, can you answer?) but even without it BatCoin seems to be stable, because even if there will be massive diff explode and much hash power dissapaer then it shouldn't hurt BatCoin as much (Batman, am I right?)

It wouldn't do any good to bat...what makes you think that couldn't happen to batcoin? every coin is in danger when greed exides rationality...

CHILDREN DON'T USE MULTIPOOLS THEY ARE BAD FOR THE COMMUNITY AND ALTCOINS IN GENERAL, M'KAY!

BTC:12axUHTuJPB2wRrHSVSdckHW118zvMjZpt 
Support n0nplusultra.net
4w4k3ning

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:51:47 PM

Go BAT to the moon!
.Batman. (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:53:03 PM

our max diff change is on around 14% if i remember correctly( have to look at the code haha)
and you are right, hypothetically speaking , if we will be hit with 200000GH now for some time, it will take around a hour or so to get it back down
a good example would be at the launch of bat coin, we has 2.4 GHASH on the network, and it suddenly went down, the diff retargeted fast and no one even noticed anything

nfigueir

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:56:37 PM

our max diff change is on around 14% if i remember correctly( have to look at the code haha)
and you are right, hypothetically speaking , if we will be hit with 200000GH now for some time, it will take around a hour or so to get it back down
a good example would be at the launch of bat coin, we has 2.4 GHASH on the network, and it suddenly went down, the diff retargeted fast and no one even noticed anything

Understood, thank you both for taking the time at it Smiley

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
Mike_Rotch

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:57:21 PM

but that depends how high they drive the difficulty up? hypothetically if 200 000gh/s hit batcoin and stay for a day and then leave it'll be no joyride!

we have to spread the word to the miners that they should stop using multipools! we all would win! we need memes! we need hundreds of people willing to spread the word!

BTC:12axUHTuJPB2wRrHSVSdckHW118zvMjZpt 
Support n0nplusultra.net
tabjohn

Activity: 149

TABJOHN

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:16:42 PM

So that is a good thing that max diff change is about 14% (any would be good). Multipools are big thread, but I think that more and more miners are quiting multipools Smiley

TABJOHN
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:21:07 PM

Why would multi-pools be mining BAT?  There is no exchange yet....  I would think multipools wouldn't be interested until the coin hits a real exchange.

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: