Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:24:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptsy help  (Read 532 times)
hankhill69 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:29:54 AM

Once a place a buy or sell order why do my trades take forever to go through? they are always taking long time just sitting there and then I see only small parts being sold off at a time. Why is this so?

Thank You,
Hank HIll
decrypter

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 03:31:48 AM

If you place a limit order then you are sitting in a queue. There are likely people ahead of you, who placed orders to buy at the same price before you did. If that price trades, they will get filled before you do.
PyroTekNeks

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:34:18 AM

Once a place a buy or sell order why do my trades take forever to go through? they are always taking long time just sitting there and then I see only small parts being sold off at a time. Why is this so?

Thank You,
Hank HIll
Let's say you want to buy 5 BTCs at $1, but people are selling for $1.1
The system can't let you buy since people are selling higher than you're buying.
Then someone comes along and want to sell at $1. The system then calculates and gives whomever a share of that $1 buying and gives it to you.

TL;DR
You probably trying to buy/sell lower than market.

http://scrypt.cc?ref=baaai
^^^SCRYPT CLOUD MINING SITE!!!^^^
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:59:05 AM

Thank You,
Hank HIll
The system can't let you buy since people are selling higher than you're buying.
Then someone comes along and want to sell at $1. The system then calculates and gives whomever a share of that $1 buying and gives it to you.

TL;DR

I am sorry I quite dont understand:

What I am doing is playing the penny game with a profitablity caluclator (can post pics if neccesary).  I buy BTC change to LTC with LTC i use my calculator to see which coin i need to buy then change that coin back into BTC and then fiat....BTC->LTC->Alt coins->BTC->USD. I do not change the price I sell it at, I dont care what price it says I am just making money simply on trading from one currency to another. If i did not explain anything on my side please let me know.
PyroTekNeks

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:35:21 AM

Thank You,
Hank HIll

TL;DR

What I am doing is playing the penny game with a profitablity caluclator (can post pics if neccesary).  I buy BTC change to LTC with LTC i use my calculator to see which coin i need to buy then change that coin back into BTC and then fiat....BTC->LTC->Alt coins->BTC->USD. I do not change the price I sell it at, I dont care what price it says I am just making money simply on trading from one currency to another. If i did not explain anything on my side please let me know.
Oh ok I see what you're doing. I can't really explain it any easier. Your orders don't go through fully because the amount you're demanding is higher than the supply. When the supply gets higher, you get the amount you want...if the supply is lower than your demand, it gives you what it has and keeps your buy order there for the remaining amount that you had left on your order.

hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:44:53 AM

Thank You,
Hank HIll

TL;DR

Oh ok I see what you're doing. I can't really explain it any easier. Your orders don't go through fully because the amount you're demanding is higher than the supply. When the supply gets higher, you get the amount you want...if the supply is lower than your demand, it gives you what it has and keeps your buy order there for the remaining amount that you had left on your order.

Last question I wont bother you anymore but is there a way to tell when supply is lower or higher at any certain point I want to sell or buy. how do you gauge this?
PyroTekNeks

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:50:57 AM

Thank You,
Hank HIll

TL;DR

Last question I wont bother you anymore but is there a way to tell when supply is lower or higher at any certain point I want to sell or buy. how do you gauge this?
Where exactly are you trading at? Usually there's a chart that shows you all the buys and sells of others.

hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:56:41 AM

Thank You,
Hank HIll

TL;DR

Where exactly are you trading at? Usually there's a chart that shows you all the buys and sells of others.
Only trade on cryptsy.com
PyroTekNeks

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:02:48 AM

Go to the TRADE tab up top.
Go to the MARKET you want to trade on the left.
Below the BUY/SELL and the Open Orders, there is a list of SELLS and BUYS from everybody.
It'll show the number of price per currency, with the number of currency, with the total (in BTC).

hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:09:46 AM

So whenever I want to sell or buy I should mentally take a overall average of the buy and sell sheets sound about right?

Thanks alot man for your help
PyroTekNeks

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:14:32 AM

Nooooooooo.
The bottom part shows the LOWEST BUY and SELL.
If you want to buy higher than the other people you go up the front of the line. You can always match the high buy and you'll join the list. When that amount become available, you'll get your share, that was what was happening earlier that's why you didn't get your buy amount fully, it was in small quantities.

hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:27:35 AM

Nooooooooo.
The bottom part shows the LOWEST BUY and SELL.
If you want to buy higher than the other people you go up the front of the line. You can always match the high buy and you'll join the list. When that amount become available, you'll get your share, that was what was happening earlier that's why you didn't get your buy amount fully, it was in small quantities.
I would kiss you if I could makes complete sense do you mind if I PM for more questions just in case?
PyroTekNeks

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:18:24 AM

Feel free. I'll help as best I can.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: