Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2024, 10:40:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Domain Name as collateral???  (Read 1416 times)
bvault (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:35:39 AM

Would anyone accept domain name(s) as collateral?

---------------
BTC - 13WkfueYZzx7d9VLXgkf9TtDBPhUVHizCh
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3103

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 03:39:11 AM

Would anyone accept domain name(s) as collateral?

Of course!

You would transfer the domain to a trusted escrow, who would hold onto it until the loan was paid back, at which time the domain name is transferred back to you.

Note, however, that most people greatly overvalue their domain names.

What is it?

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
bvault (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:09:47 AM

Sat bitcoinshops.ca or usebitcoin.ca

---------------
gamybtc

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:24:48 AM

These domain has mere value of $10 or less honestly. Because no one like to give loan, unless you have a website earning certain amount. So get a website which earns xx and you can ask the loan easily.

BTC : 1fDTCkVcJ7SaVnoFjA5U1xfHQVfv1BWCb
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4113

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:40:14 PM

These domain has mere value of $10 or less honestly. Because no one like to give loan, unless you have a website earning certain amount. So get a website which earns xx and you can ask the loan easily.

That's not true. Some have a lot more value and the person who is lending may be have a use for the domain making it more valuable to them.
gamybtc

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:09:43 PM

That's not true. Some have a lot more value and the person who is lending may be have a use for the domain making it more valuable to them.

Well, I can register a domain name for $10, so what makes it value. Seriously, domain name doesn't have value unless it is turnkey domain, There are very rare cases, where some domain has value. I agree with it.

BTC : 1fDTCkVcJ7SaVnoFjA5U1xfHQVfv1BWCb
bvault (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:20:22 PM

I agree that domain value can be subjective. But Domain names definitely have value than the registration costs. It is the branding potential, ease of remembrance and other Its like land, you can buy any land for a business but you want to get a specific place close to the city rather than away.

Please PM me if you are willing to lend with domain name as collateral.

---------------
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 09:21:11 PM

I agree that domain value can be subjective. But Domain names definitely have value than the registration costs. It is the branding potential, ease of remembrance and other Its like land, you can buy any land for a business but you want to get a specific place close to the city rather than away.

Correct.  But of course, you'll need a lender who agrees with that and your domain names.
jbab

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:36:39 PM

Great comment monbux! Cheesy

bvault (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:20:12 AM

Correct.  But of course, you'll need a lender who agrees with that and your domain names.

Very true. No argument with that  Cool

---------------
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: