Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:52:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BEWARE] The user "Bono" is a scammer. Do NOT trust!  (Read 5234 times)
chairforce1 (OP)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:53:55 PM

For what it's worth, I once sent Bono over $5,000 worth of BTC during a trade... I didn't get scammed  Huh

Not sure why he would start now as opposed to then

Your account was created pretty much at the same time as the date of your feedback for the trade...

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:09:37 PM

For what it's worth, I once sent Bono over $5,000 worth of BTC during a trade... I didn't get scammed  Huh

Not sure why he would start now as opposed to then

Your account was created pretty much at the same time as the date of your feedback for the trade...

suspicious indeed

where is the tx id/thread  for this $5000 of BTC  sent to bono and why didnt wasnt it mentioned before now ?
chairforce1 (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:06:45 AM

1) The first and most obvious omission is a screenshot of the message where you gave me your Bitcoin address. No matter what record of our transaction I post, you will be able to cry foul, claim the receiving address isn't yours, and say I'm just posting any random 1 BTC trade from the time period we were talking about.

A very rational statement.

I myself don't save personal messages for more than a day, so I'm kinda out of luck on that one.

wut?

2) I made it clear in my messages (as I do with every potential trade partner) that I use Coinbase, and their fucked up system can create multiple addresses for each transaction. All in all, the 1.0 BTC I sent you was siphoned through about 16 addresses to get to you, adding an element of intricacy that makes my claim hard to prove especially given point #1.

Irrelevant

3) You mentioned that you looked through all my recent posts to judge my character. And what did you find? Nothing that would indicate I have or had any kind of bad intention. Why would I blow my reputation for a small pile of altcoins and risk ostracizing myself from a community I've newly grown to enjoy?

I applaud you for your short, excellent posting history, I fell for it lol. As for reputation....you made your account on the 24th of December. It seems like more of an efficient use of time to just create a new account. I don't understand why you are creating such a wave with this scam; you have what you want and I have nothing.

Speaking of having nothing I would think I'm handling this very well considering I just gave you 32 LTC free and clear. You on the other hand sound very pissy lol.

I don't ever expect to get that 1 BTC, but hopefully more people will become aware of scams.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
mdmx

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:41:26 AM

Why waste everyone's time defending that you didn't scam him when you already have the coins...

Just admit you scammed him (like Gentleman thief) and move on.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:26:01 PM

I sent him a PM asking him to provide the TxID of his alleged payment to you. We'll see if he delivers, out if he just abandons his account now.

Yup. He abandoned his account like I suspected. Scammer confirmed.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
chairforce1 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:53:22 PM

Yup. He abandoned his account like I suspected. Scammer confirmed.

Thanks to you and Theymos for the help in revealing this user. I doubt this will help anyone much (and I doubt they will sit for long) but my coins have been transferred and currently remain at this address: LRcv5W5aN8Hp2gg3ix4HG8xwxP7V37U7Eg. If anyone finds themselves in a deal where somebody is requesting payment to this address do NOT perform the deal.

-Epicuru$
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:49:48 PM

I'm totally not surprised. So all the effort he put into justifying why he couldn't publicly post the transaction was probably just to stall until he found 'proof' 

I'm curious Tomatocage, how did he pull the veil over your eyes? Can you share how you were tricked with the false proof? I mean... If he fooled you - it must've been a pretty good damn tactic. Is this something we now need to be weary of?

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:00:46 PM

I'm totally not surprised. So all the effort he put into justifying why he couldn't publicly post the transaction was probably just to stall until he found 'proof' 

I'm curious Tomatocage, how did he pull the veil over your eyes? Can you share how you were tricked with the false proof? I mean... If he fooled you - it must've been a pretty good damn tactic. Is this something we now need to be weary of?

He didn't fool anybody -- he just stalled for time. He showed a transaction on the date/time that he claimed to have sent chairforce1. However, the address didn't match up, but he claimed that's what chairforce1 had sent him.

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:18:01 PM

He didn't fool anybody -- he just stalled for time. He showed a transaction on the date/time that he claimed to have sent chairforce1. However, the address didn't match up, but he claimed that's what chairforce1 had sent him.

Gotcha! From your experience, do you think this was the setup from the start? Make the deal, send coins to self at precise time, play victim?

BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:19:02 PM

I pm'd both parties and they are still both maintaining that they are innocent.

Hey Bono, what's the deal?

Why is everyone saying you're a scammer? All I've seen from you are polite trade requests and giveaways... or was I just lucky you didn't steal my BTC?

Read the thread.

Some fucking asshole is lying, and the retard police have decided to take the case on for him.

TomatoCage is basically Sheriff Woody... this is ridiculous.

I'm probably going to abandon this account - be sure to tell the parties involved to go fuck themselves.

To me that seems like someone who is sincerely pissed off  Tongue

I dunno, this could be the worst case of innocent Mr. Magooism ever. I'd be more pissed off if I was chairforce tho.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:39:59 PM

Yeah dipshit Bono basically proved himself to be a scammer. He tried to accuse chairforce1 of being the real scammer, but if that were the case, why would chairforce1 send LTC first? I mean who the fuck scams by sending their coins out first?

chairforce1 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:44:33 PM

I pm'd both parties and they are still both maintaining that they are innocent...I'd be more pissed off if I was chairforce tho.

Theymos has gone through my private messages and confirmed I sent the address that Bono says I made up. I'm not mad, I'm disappointing in myself. I'm the idiot in this not Bono, Bono played his cards correctly. I also don't really care, people have been warned, I'll never see my 1 BTC. There is no need to keep this alive; I'm going to go with him just abandoning his account though, its black and white. Its easy to sit at a keyboard and write text that portrays angry emotion so don't be naive. He probably has multiple accounts, and it wouldn't surprise me if you were an alt of Bono (NOT an accusation). Also wondering why you would not show our private message exchange as well but only Bono's message of defense.

On another hand, if he sends me my 1 BTC I will show on here that he has made good on his deal in the end and people will have to use their judgement again at that point if they want to do business.

-Epicuru$
maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:50:57 PM

Why is everyone saying you're a scammer? All I've seen from you are polite trade requests and giveaways... or was I just lucky you didn't steal my BTC?

Read the thread.

Some fucking asshole is lying, and the retard police have decided to take the case on for him.

I'm probably going to abandon this account - be sure to tell the parties involved to go fuck themselves.

I dunno, this could be the worst case of innocent Mr. Magooism ever. I'd be more pissed off if I was chairforce tho.
Who are you?
Where are you located?
Pictures of PM to bono?
Fuck it, are you bono?
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:44:10 PM

Read the thread.

Who are you?
Where are you located?
Pictures of PM to bono?
Fuck it, are you bono?

BitcoinBobbeh.
U.S.
Too lazy to screencap.
No.

Also wondering why you would not show our private message exchange as well but only Bono's message of defense.

His was funnier.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
maxman190

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:33:07 AM

Yeah dipshit Bono basically proved himself to be a scammer. He tried to accuse chairforce1 of being the real scammer, but if that were the case, why would chairforce1 send LTC first? I mean who the fuck scams by sending their coins out first?

What you want is below.
What's fucked up isn't that you're a scammer, what's really fucked up is that you know where to find that picture.
Bono

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:12:06 AM

What you want is below.
What's fucked up isn't that you're a scammer, what's really fucked up is that you know where to find that picture.

Why didn't you quote my entire post?
maxman190

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:15:25 AM

What you want is below.

Because I didn't need to?
Bono

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:16:56 AM

What you want is below.

Because I didn't need to?

Then how will the world know what picture you're referring to when you say "that picture?"

Really it's inconsiderate to future generations.

EDIT: This is the picture, just to be clear.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-x6GMHX4k8Hs/T89fEIA1omI/AAAAAAAAAyY/8uoFVM8ZLvE/s1600/goatse-State-Farm-CEO-Ed-Rust-Jr-State-Farm-Insurance-Sucks.jpg
maxman190

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:19:19 AM

Someone post bono's IP on hackforums please, getting real tired of this guy.
Bono

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:22:05 AM

There isn't a whole lot that can be done when someone has your IP.

There are maybe 3 people on Earth smart enough to actually be dangerous with someone else's public facing IP... me, Batman, and he who shall not be named.

(This was the picture, by the way)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-x6GMHX4k8Hs/T89fEIA1omI/AAAAAAAAAyY/8uoFVM8ZLvE/s1600/goatse-State-Farm-CEO-Ed-Rust-Jr-State-Farm-Insurance-Sucks.jpg
[/quote]
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: