Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:21:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My first post on my 2+ year old account  (Read 582 times)
AB3Ham (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:50:50 AM

Wow. I can't believe I haven't tried to make a post here on bitcointalk yet. I guess it shows just how much I have been lurking in the background since I created my account in June of 2011.

Like everyone else, I wish I had invested in Bitcoin when I started reading about it here in the summer of 2011. At one point I had mined over 3BTC but donated it away when it was worth around $1/BTC to help support a torrent site. Silly me. Oh well. It wasn't until early fall of 2013 when a friend of mine told me Bitcoin was up to $100 did I start looking at it seriously. However, I felt it was too risky and still didn't buy in. Here we are now in 2014 and I still have yet to "buy" any Bitcoin.

My current BTC holdings are somewhere between 0.5 and 1 BTC (been mining altcoins for about a month now with 2 R9 290s).

I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for Bitcoin. I'm definitely on this train for the long haul Smiley

olinnebit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:04:20 PM

We need more people with your experience here, good to see you posting.

AB3Ham (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:16:57 PM

haha. I don't know if you're referring to my 'experience' as to my knowledge of cryptocurrencies or just the amount of time I've known about it, but, thank you!

I'm definitely not an expert, that's for sure.
BCNext.

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:20:05 PM

and why did you are a member of this forum?
Cryptobolics

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:31:32 PM

Wow. I can't believe I haven't tried to make a post here on bitcointalk yet. I guess it shows just how much I have been lurking in the background since I created my account in June of 2011.

Like everyone else, I wish I had invested in Bitcoin when I started reading about it here in the summer of 2011. At one point I had mined over 3BTC but donated it away when it was worth around $1/BTC to help support a torrent site. Silly me. Oh well. It wasn't until early fall of 2013 when a friend of mine told me Bitcoin was up to $100 did I start looking at it seriously. However, I felt it was too risky and still didn't buy in. Here we are now in 2014 and I still have yet to "buy" any Bitcoin.

My current BTC holdings are somewhere between 0.5 and 1 BTC (been mining altcoins for about a month now with 2 R9 290s).

I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for Bitcoin. I'm definitely on this train for the long haul Smiley

ouch you had a chance at $1/btc found out it increased to$100/btc and still dint get any... what made you originally join?
AB3Ham (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:41:20 PM

ouch you had a chance at $1/btc found out it increased to$100/btc and still dint get any... what made you originally join?

That's right. I didn't read enough about bitcoin investment when it was around $100. I thought it was too risky (i.e. I thought the growth was too quick). Had I read around I probably would have found that all the signs were pointing to an explosion.

I honestly don't remember why I joined the site. Probably because I have a habit of creating accounts on sites that I stumble across.

At this point, I'm probably just going to play the market a little bit and see what happens. I think there are going to be plenty of opportunities this month to sell high and buy low. We shall see.

AdamaBit

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:12:47 PM

Well I was told to invest when BTC was $14 and I had £5k to put in to it.
I read up on it all, got excited, tried to join a few websites to trade, found that it wasn't actually that easy to get your money in to them as they were foreign, especially as I was GBP, then sort of gave up and forgot about it all for a few months.

Then my mate who told me about them in the first place (actually I think I had heard about Bitcoins ages ago) and mines them reminded me about them when they were $200 or so. I looked in to it again then saw them crash to $90 so thought 'man this is a volatile business to be in' so didn't do anything about them again! Then after keeping an eye on them for a few months and doing even more research and found a couple of good UK based trading sites like Bitbargain and Bittylicious eventually bought a few at about £500. Then saw them go up to £800 or so for a week then they crashed through December!

But I'm in it for the long haul now. Although I do think that eventually a different coin or system will be the one that is adopted by the world in the not too distant future. But I do believe this is the future. Like why wouldn't we adopt this system.
Why give our money to banks for them to gamble with and make huge profits out of while giving up 0% on our accounts, actually they even charge now for most accounts.
Although I think that banks and fiat could work alongside each other. We use crypto for our savings and money we want to control and spend and fiat we give to the banks and say okay if you want to leverage it up x10 and basically gamble with it then okay but our returns/interest should be much higher.

Anyway now I've got a few hundred of about 10 different coins and am hedging for a few years to see which one takes off. Nxt and eMunie get my vote right now.
olinnebit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:41:05 PM

haha. I don't know if you're referring to my 'experience' as to my knowledge of cryptocurrencies or just the amount of time I've known about it, but, thank you!

I'm definitely not an expert, that's for sure.

Yeah I was Smiley I think you will find yourself to be above average after a few weeks on the forum. We were all noobs once, but with the mining boom there are a lot of them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: