Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:29:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay buyer blacklist  (Read 1147 times)
olliejjc16 (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:16:59 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 01:04:28 AM by olliejjc16

Hi everyone, as an ebay seller of cryptocurrency we are all under threat by scammers who reverse payments through paypal. This topic is to name and shame this people, to enable every ebay seller to have them on their blocklist and to make ebay a safer place to trade cryptocurrency for everyone. Post any individuals ebay user id who has attempted to scam you and I will add it to a list for future reference. I so far haven't lost anything to scammers although one person did try and hopefully this will help minimize the risk for all sellers against repeat scammers!

List of scammers

asin2675
jenajenkins612

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:23:02 PM

Localbitcoins is a much better solution than anything that can possibly be accomplished in this thread.
olliejjc16 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:39:27 PM

I was thinking more for sellers of alternate currencies rather than bitcoins and litecoins, I use localbitcoins myself and I agree its great. Actually considering that maybe this should be moved to the alternate currencies thread?

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:48:52 PM

This is a nice idea. Though I wouldn't go near buying any crypto on eBay, I know that a lot of people do and I know that a lot of sellers get scammed through this.

I think that something like this would need a higher platform, so that it has greater visibility. Also because it can be edited without moderation, names could be added willynilly.

Just sell in smaller quantities with a nice premium to cater for scammers/breakage. Or perhaps use a nice method which involves selling a physical product i.e. print out (maybe event a paper wallet).

dmpotter

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:57:05 PM

Well I'll add to the list

jenajenkins612 - BTC .01 - Claimed account was compromised (classic right?) SentTo: https://blockchain.info/address/1L9MY4WZWPYayKXYg9Lj2RpX3D393dq3ze

Looks like a gambling problem too  Tongue
jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:47:05 AM

In a way I think people who sell crypto on eBay with disgusting markups deserve to lose money - I would love to buy crypto on eBay and would never scam anyone but I don't want to pay loads more than its worth. 5% maybe but not 50%+ it's just shocking and I hope eBay sellers practicing this don't make a profit!!!  Angry
olliejjc16 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:21:30 AM

@Cryptopher I agree it would be better if there was a better platform for this kind of thing but at least this is a start and although I wish I could do more I wouldn't have time or money to make a dedicated portal for this

@jonanon I agree to an extent with some of that but you have to consider the amount of fees ebay sellers have to pay, between ebay and paypal I pay approx 20 percent of everything I sell if not more to them so you have to take that into account, you also have to take into account scammers and losing money from that and you need to take that into consideration too. I consider ebay a premium service to get alt currency quickly and easily, with websites out there like localbitcoin and locallitecoin I dont know why anyone would buy those coins on ebay but for every other coin it's a quick and easy way of buying these currencies rather than going through the whole thing of buying bitcoin at a premium and then trading it. Part of that premium price is for us sellers taking on that hassle for the buyer and getting the alt currencies in the first place

jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:58:03 AM

@Cryptopher I agree it would be better if there was a better platform for this kind of thing but at least this is a start and although I wish I could do more I wouldn't have time or money to make a dedicated portal for this

@jonanon I agree to an extent with some of that but you have to consider the amount of fees ebay sellers have to pay, between ebay and paypal I pay approx 20 percent of everything I sell if not more to them so you have to take that into account, you also have to take into account scammers and losing money from that and you need to take that into consideration too. I consider ebay a premium service to get alt currency quickly and easily, with websites out there like localbitcoin and locallitecoin I dont know why anyone would buy those coins on ebay but for every other coin it's a quick and easy way of buying these currencies rather than going through the whole thing of buying bitcoin at a premium and then trading it. Part of that premium price is for us sellers taking on that hassle for the buyer and getting the alt currencies in the first place

Yeah can see where you're coming from. I think we need quick and easy ways to buy BTC close to market price. Just as I can exchange USD for EUR - I want the same for BTC  Smiley
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:47:59 PM

guy refunded my money saying he ran out of bitcoins, which is fine since I found a place to buy them online for around asking price. Another guy who I sold 2 block miners too messaged me on christmas eve claiming he only got one and asked me how I would remedy this? I ignored him and he has not sent another message since. Scam me over 50 bucks? Get a job.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: