Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:49:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] Mintspare (MS) Bitcoin Electronic Trade-in Service - Official Thread  (Read 35873 times)
zevtiefenbach

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:27:45 PM

Hey Galfry,

It's now near the end of March. Any thoughts on releasing your financial results for February?

Did you hit your projected income of 71.43?

You had also mentioned somewhere that you were bankrolling project expenses with your own equity. What does that look like? Can you commit some numbers to the community to account for your project as you suggested you would?

that's nice. how's the projected gross revenue of 71.43 BTC for February looking? still thinking you're going to be generating around $50,000 USD in sales?

We'll be releasing financial figures shortly after our official launch in March and every month thereafter. They will be provided as an update on both HavelockInvestments.com and this thread.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:24:43 AM

Amazing.  Simply amazing!  Sad

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
zevtiefenbach

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:19:54 PM

Amazing.  Simply amazing!  Sad

i think this is thoroughly predictable.

from the prospectus it was clear that there was no way that investors were going to make money on this. it was also clear that the operator had little experience in the market place and the financial projections had no basis in reality. never mind the absurd valuation of the company. . .

this IPO was not an investment but a cash grab by the operator. those that "invested" should learn a lesson here.

i found this on coindesk:

Being a bitcoin-based business means Mintspare has to offer prompt customer engagement and education. Many people are still wary of BTC, so providing a level of comfort is important. Puechavy is aware of this, and told CoinDesk:

“[Mintspare is] very transparent, the entire process. It’s a huge issue.”

which is very amusing given the complete lack of financial or operational reporting to their own investors.

does anyone know their wallet address. i'd love to know if they've burned through their IPO funds yet. . . 
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:45:08 PM

does anyone know their wallet address. i'd love to know if they've burned through their IPO funds yet. . . 

Havelock releases the funds as necessary / as billed, so there's no public wallet to check
sporket

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:08:03 PM

Sorta like doling out allowance to a kid.  Does Havelock tell the "investors" how much of their money was necessary billed burnt through?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:23:28 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 06:34:56 PM by freedomno1

Sorta like doling out allowance to a kid.  Does Havelock tell the "investors" how much of their money was necessary billed burnt through?

If I recall I think I asked for a public display address but forgot to follow up on that to see the balance they had on the account

Ah yes found the post guess I can ask
@ Havelock can the public fund address for the bankroll be revealed to the public. It was recognized that they would perform due transparency on this fund once the IPO was completed to ensure the funds are managed properly and so investors can know the current state of affairs.

Interesting business and best of luck, we do need more business in the Bitcoin sphere as it helps to grow the digital economy, whether it is going to grow faster than Bitcoin growth well this will be where testing the concept will kick in.

Hello Freedomno1,

First off we would like to say that we fully appreciate your well informed posts.

Second, we would like to say that we are huge fans of transparency within our company as well as externally as this is the whole idea behind an IPO. We would like to say that we would happily oblidge making our bankroll address public.

We at MintSpare would also like to recognize an error on our part within the release of our IPO. We failed to include the planned release of our Customer Portal 'Beta'. We are very hard at work finalizing the Beta at this time and it will be released no later than February 1st, 2014.

Furthermore to address another point that you brought up, the accelerated dividend plan would apply to any released shares.

Lastly, we here at MintSpare would gladly accommodate private tours of our facility/warehouse at our location in Miami, FL.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
zevtiefenbach

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:39:23 PM

if i held any shares, i'd be hitting the bid pretty hard.  no point in waiting to see the value drop by another decimal place. . .
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:50:42 AM

if i held any shares, i'd be hitting the bid pretty hard.  no point in waiting to see the value drop by another decimal place. . .

We don't really know till the financials come out or we see the public address but the drop in Bitcoin didn't help much in the short term
I guess in the long term if they sold for fiat at around 700-800 and had a lot of units come in they have more coins and if they turnover fairly quickly now can build up some coins as well.
Still needs observing more or less although the securities section in general is fairly quiet sometimes to our detriment

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
zevtiefenbach

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:48:19 PM

At first glance, this IPO seemed to offer very poor terms to investors, had a preposterous evaluation of itself and had financial projections that were absurdly un-plausible. An "investment opportunity" that you take to your rich uncle with the hope that he takes pity on you. Though evidently a very poor
"investment", i resisted the temptation to call it a scam . . .

Now, towards the end of April, with still no financials from February or March, with no operational updates, no projections/guidances, one has to wonder about the operator of this project, Galfry Puechavy. He has reneged on his promises to supply reports and transparency and has effectively disappeared with a good chunk of this communities BTC.

At best, he is woefully irresponsible and incompetent at overseeing a publicly traded company. At worst. . . another BTC charlatan.

Anyone in and around Miami that could take a look and see if anything is going on at their physical premise? I think earlier in this thread, Galfry had posted details of where he was setting up his "operations" . . .

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:48:36 PM

Oh Jesus, don't tell me this guy ain't 100% legit!

SuchGravity

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:41:43 AM

Sent Mintspare some of my electronics, and they've yet to credit me with BTC. It's been over a week...
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596

Well hello there!

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:19:02 AM

Sent Mintspare some of my electronics, and they've yet to credit me with BTC. It's been over a week...
Hate to be the bearer of bad news on this one, but looking pretty obvious this asset was never really on the level :/  Best of luck to you though.

Mintspare := Scam_balam;

Edit: I wonder if that's your ipad in the window reflection?  (sorry, bad joke, doesn't even look like an ipad)

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
zevtiefenbach

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:22:48 PM

Leads me to believe that this thing is cooked. My guess is that all of the coins that were set aside for bankrolling purchases are gone. I wonder what accountability Havelock has in this? They made a tidy commission on an IPO that has now has all appearances of being a scam - not that it didn't seem shady from day one.

I think it would be highly appropriate for Havelock to take some kind of proactive role in this . . . Like a statement saying something to the effect of: "we have requested Mintspare to provide financial statements and an accounting of all funds dispersed but, regrettably, we are no longer to contact the operator of this project . . . "

At what point does Havelock de-list? Maybe they'll just continue to collect more commissions as this thing trades down to 0.

And . . . Galfry Puechavy . . . remember the name . . . I have a feeling there will be a next time for this guy . . .
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:42:06 PM

At what point does Havelock de-list? Maybe they'll just continue to collect more commissions as this thing trades down to 0.

I asked the same question re: NeoBee, got no answer.
The funny thing is intervention by Havelock is the last thing MS "investors" want.
If Havelock halts trading, "investors" are left holding teh bag. 

@Havelock:  Perhaps add "Q" to the ticker, denoting Mintspare's uncertain future?  MSQ?
zevtiefenbach

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:09:06 PM

the longer-term solution is for Havelock to hold IPO funds in escrow and to actually do something proactive to protect their investors and build credibility for their exchange. a start-up goes to the public market for capital fine . . . let's just have a bit of oversight and have Havelock turn-over the funds on a draw-down basis that would comply with their published prospective. . .

other controls. . . a requirement for a publicly viewable wallet and monthly/quarterly financial statements. it seems pretty basic but, if a company doesn't comply with these requirements, they would risk de-listing. these kinds of controls exist on other exchanges and they make sense.

If Havelock halts trading, "investors" are left holding teh bag. 

someone is always going to be left holding the bag. . . but is it really ethical to be offering a forum (and collecting commissions) where people can buy MS when in all likelyhood MS does not really exist? based on the information on Havelock's website, one would think that you are buying into an existing operation. . .  and Havelock, while collecting commissions, and having promoted this company, takes no responsibility in helping "investors" determine whether this company actually exists or is just a fiction. . .
havelock

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 05:22:42 PM

We have been working with Mintspare closely during the past few months and they have a bright future ahead of them. They should and will start to post and respond to requests on this forum.

We do hold the Bitcoins raised during their offering in escrow and only distribute those funds as needed.

sporket

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:27:43 PM

We have been working with Mintspare closely during the past few months and they have a bright future ahead of them. They should and will start to post and respond to requests on this forum.

We do hold the Bitcoins raised during their offering in escrow and only distribute those funds as needed.

Please make a statement regarding delisting NeoBee[Q].

Re. "bright future":  You've been wrong before.  Pretty much every time Undecided
havelock

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 05:35:33 PM

Please make a statement regarding delisting NeoBee[Q].

Re. "bright future":  You've been wrong before.  Pretty much every time Undecided

If and when we do make a decision in regards to NEOBEE[Q] it will be made through an email to the Fund's unit holders and via the Fund's overview page.

We offer Companies the option to raise capital through our Platform. Those are early stage companies, some will fail, some will make moderate income, and a few will provide a great opportunity to the people who took a chance on them. Just because they are related to Bitcoin does not make them a success or a failure. Hard work, some luck and the ability to survive and adapt to the market will determine which companies will make it and which won't.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:39:30 PM

And what about COG? Is that now controlled by a mystery man from the Netherlands?
sporket

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:51:23 PM

We offer Companies the option to raise capital through our Platform. Those are early stage companies, some will fail, some will make moderate income, and a few will provide a great opportunity to the people who took a chance on them...

To be more precise, all but one of your offerings are trading below initial listing price, most substantially lower (including your own), and some simply ran away with the coin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: