Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:32:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt’s will be completely diluted by shitcoins  (Read 974 times)
Pitstop (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:49:46 PM

Alt’s will be completely diluted by shitcoins soon and only the strongest will survive. Not only will this make it impossible for noobs to know where to start, it may also hurt the value of all other alts. I believe it’s now about either innovation or a strong team & community behind each coin that are seen to be building something not just launching another cheap copy & paste coin, add a big give away and hope for the best. Things have just become a lot tougher for those Alts in for the long haul.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
donal

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 07:01:31 PM

Becomes a bit of a joke when everyone and their doge is creating a coin.. but bitcoin and litecoin are mainly needed to get hold of most alts which will only increase the liquidity in the main cryptos
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 07:05:16 PM

Agree with OP.  The amount of coins coming out in early 2014 is already close to that of the 2013 bonanza...

PinkPotatos

Activity: 126

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 07:17:13 PM

Look who put the coin generator out.. BTC devs Wink This is a very offensive move to discredit any and all alternatives.

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
Pitstop (OP)

Activity: 238

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:50:21 PM

Interesting PinkPotatos, I didn't know that!

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:55:34 PM

Look who put the coin generator out.. BTC devs Wink This is a very offensive move to discredit any and all alternatives.

Actually it's a very important milestone, now anyone can start a currency.

hendo420

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 07:57:40 PM

Only the ones who don't think outside of the box.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399658.0

Which is really good.
This means you will have to have some sort of innovation with your coin or it wont even get noticed.

This is how we evolve the crypto scene.

ebmarket.co
lamontweaver

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 08:38:30 PM

Don't get your panties in a twist. It's all part of the messy self-organization  of the crazy decentralized cryptocurrency world. It's part of the evolution. Cryptos are like squirrel shit, 100% nuts.

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:39:23 PM

altcoins are a joke , the only real coins are bitcoin and litecoin.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:41:16 PM

On the positive side...there is virtually no Alt Coins threatening LTC status as the number 2 coin after Bitcoin.

If you have invested in Litecoin, you are certainly secure from the scam coin competition below.
nobodysbusiness

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:42:46 PM

I'm not too worried about how many altcoins come out.

It's like the publishing industry. Just because the Internet allows a million crappy novelists to 'publish' their crappy novels online doesn't mean that Stephen King can't make any money writing new novels.

Anyone can make a new cryptocoin, and lots of people are doing just that. Most will become nothing. The only thing that's really in danger is that this forum in particular will become unreadable because of all the new coin announcements.
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:45:15 PM

I'm not too worried about how many altcoins come out.

It's like the publishing industry. Just because the Internet allows a million crappy novelists to 'publish' their crappy novels online doesn't mean that Stephen King can't make any money writing new novels.

Anyone can make a new cryptocoin, and lots of people are doing just that. Most will become nothing. The only thing that's really in danger is that this forum in particular will become unreadable because of all the new coin announcements.

this Alternate cryptocurrencies is garbage , there was once a time where actual useful information was here about mining litecoin etc.. now its just "buy my coin , I have alot so it's better then litecoin /bitcoin"

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Bansheroom

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:52:38 PM

On the positive side...there is virtually no Alt Coins threatening LTC status as the number 2 coin after Bitcoin.

If you have invested in Litecoin, you are certainly secure from the scam coin competition below.

What advantage has litecoin over bitcoin now that the first scrypt asics are out? Nothing important.
Litecoin has to struggle to keep 2nd, not 2014, but maybe 2015-2016.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
hendo420

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:00:48 PM

What advantage has litecoin over bitcoin now that the first scrypt asics are out? Nothing important.
Litecoin has to struggle to keep 2nd, not 2014, but maybe 2015-2016.

The scrypt asics are not scheduled to be shipped until the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2014. If they are anything like BFL we wont see a scrypt asic for atleast a year. If anyone here has learned anything from BFL, do not preorder the device by paying Bitcoins as you would make more just sitting on the bitcoins and waiting on the price to go up.

I'm interested in seeing how the scrypt asics will play out on some of the scrypt altcoins.

ebmarket.co
hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:10:51 PM

Find long term positions with currency systems that have genuine value. As the flood continues, genuine value will stand out more. Adjusting a few parameters will no longer be enough.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:11:51 PM

most alt's are shitcoins...
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:15:51 PM

NXT will leave LTC in dust, maybe even BTC. Just wait and enjoy the show.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:18:21 PM

Actually it's a very important milestone, now anyone can start a currency.

Which leads the way to someone going "Look at all this crap, if I came in here and developed a real altcoin, I'd make a killing".

There are a very small handful of altcoins to watch out for. Anything that doesn't have additional features now that isn't already established is worthless. There's just too much white noise.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
mattopia

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:20:08 PM

In the early days of the auto industry, there were dozens of auto manufacturers in the US alone.  Now there are three (two?  one?) dominant ones.

Same will happen with digital currencies.  There will be a few prominent ones and a couple of "botique" ones.  Certainly not 70+.
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:31:17 PM

NXT will leave LTC in dust, maybe even BTC. Just wait and enjoy the show.

I am on the fence with NXT... I just have an unpleasant feeling about it reading the various threads... but will reserve judgment.

I do foresee a prosperous future for LTC...just way too many positives going for it in 2014.

To each his own  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: