Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:13:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SMACKDOWN ON JANET YIDDEN  (Read 1922 times)
strunberg (OP)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 324

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 07:24:06 PM

http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

So far...

The Cow wants NEGATIVE interest rates,she wants to print 200 billion a month instead of 80 billion,and we're  over 10% unemployment  now.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SPC_Bitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Coffee makes it all better!

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:29:54 PM

one thing you can always count on from the FED is lies and destruction.

wow, that guy's introduction, talk about an asslicking!

NEVER GOT PAID.
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:38:28 PM

To call her "Yidden" in your post title is neither clever nor funny

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
Borbolon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:07:23 PM

To 'yell' the title using caps like that, isn't very polite either.. Roll Eyes
thaaanos

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:22:57 PM

The Cow wants NEGATIVE interest rates...
Why isn't Deflation such a wonderfull thing?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 10:14:03 PM

http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

So far...

The Cow wants NEGATIVE interest rates,she wants to print 200 billion a month instead of 80 billion,and we're  over 10% unemployment  now.

wow, not bad. the last days will be a funny ride  Roll Eyes

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:23:44 AM

Deflation is a wonderful thing it discourages malinvestment, and savers benefit, there are 5 billion that live today in a world of scarcity that you predict will ensue with deflation, deflation isn’t bad, and it implies big change for the other 20% who will have to change there thinking and lifestyles.

Why is inflation seen as a good thing?

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
thaaanos

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:33:02 AM

Deflation is a wonderful thing it discourages malinvestment, and savers benefit, there are 5 billion that live today in a world of scarcity that you predict will ensue with deflation, deflation isn’t bad, and it implies big change for the other 20% who will have to change there thinking and lifestyles.

No the question here is why NEGATIVE interest rates are bad?
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:37:38 AM

Hey guy you wanna lend me a bit of money? I'll pay 10% interest. Of course it will be negative interest so you will get back 90% of what you lent me. The more the better, I can pay back the day after!

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
thaaanos

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:19:30 AM

Hey guy you wanna lend me a bit of money? I'll pay 10% interest. Of course it will be negative interest so you will get back 90% of what you lent me. The more the better, I can pay back the day after!

Cool so bitcoin's deflation is diffrent because...?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:52:49 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 06:34:26 PM by johnyj

From the first sight, negative interest will encourage lending, which in turn cause more investment/consumption. But the current problem is that there is no investment opportunity (except bitcoin) and no consumption motivation since most of the people have already accumulated too much debt

Instead of reducing the debt, the banks just want to raise the debt at exponential rate, and paying back those old debt with future debt, this is a Ponzi scheme without end,  since central bank could supply endless future money without any effort

The result will be a large scale default or hyperinflation once the money printing no longer works, but it takes time for people to realize the scam nature of inflative monetary policy

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:37:16 PM

... I won't lend my Bitcoins to just anybody. If I lend them it will be to fulfill a need not a want.

thaaanos

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:56:01 PM

... I won't lend my Bitcoins to just anybody. If I lend them it will be to fulfill a need not a want.
Thats not the issue I am hinting... are you going to ask for interest?
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:20:47 AM

Thats not the issue I am hinting... are you going to ask for interest?

It depends!
Interest is the cost of money. Generally an economy is complex, so complex it should only be measured not managed, in general if the economy is growing - increasing goods and services, there will be less demand for money, a rational player will save and not lend as the law of supply and demand will yield a higher return from saving. If the economy is shrinking and the demand for goods and services is unsatisfied, there will be an increasing demand for goods and services and thus a demand for money with interest.  

byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:34:11 AM

Wont this cause everyone to rush to hard assets like gold and real estate?

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:45:31 AM

or Bitcoin?

byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:49:23 AM

or Bitcoin?

...or fine art....or Copper Penny hoards. Bitcoin I thought was a given.  Wink

log2exp

Activity: 175
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:51:57 AM

...or fine art....or Copper Penny hoards. Bitcoin I thought was a given.  Wink

Just bought a lot of forever postage stamps. I bet the postal service will jack up the postage also. Still got send some cards to friends and relatives, few bill payments also.

What do you guys think about the philately postage stamps, are they still hold value as collectibles or it's a deadwood hobby only?
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:28:02 AM

Just bought a lot of forever postage stamps. I bet the postal service will jack up the postage also. Still got send some cards to friends and relatives, few bill payments also.

What do you guys think about the philately postage stamps, are they still hold value as collectibles or it's a deadwood hobby only?

wtf....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:46:21 AM

When I was at school I was taught that unused stamps were legal tender and could be used as money. Forever stamps only hold value if you use them (buy pre inflation use post inflation) so long as the post office honours them. Here in Canada, they were pulled of the shelf the day the post office announced a 40% increase last month.

You have the right idea Hayek I think it was proposed the idea of private issued tokens as money think StarBuks issuing a coffee token for fiat regardless of the fiat cost in the future it will be worth a coffee.

I do the same thing on a personal level whenever I see a token redeemable in the future for the cost pre inflation.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: