Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:10:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SMACKDOWN ON JANET YIDDEN  (Read 1922 times)
thaaanos

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:25:18 PM

The Cow wants NEGATIVE interest rates...
Why isn't Deflation such a wonderfull thing?
Deflation is a wonderful thing it discourages malinvestment, and savers benefit, there are 5 billion that live today in a world of scarcity that you predict will ensue with deflation, deflation isn’t bad, and it implies big change for the other 20% who will have to change there thinking and lifestyles.

Why is inflation seen as a good thing?

No the question here is why NEGATIVE interest rates are bad?
Hey guy you wanna lend me a bit of money? I'll pay 10% interest. Of course it will be negative interest so you will get back 90% of what you lent me. The more the better, I can pay back the day after!

Cool so bitcoin's deflation is diffrent because...?
... I won't lend my Bitcoins to just anybody. If I lend them it will be to fulfill a need not a want.
Thats not the issue I am hinting... are you going to ask for interest?

It depends!
Interest is the cost of money. Generally an economy is complex, so complex it should only be measured not managed, in general if the economy is growing - increasing goods and services, there will be less demand for money, a rational player will save and not lend as the law of supply and demand will yield a higher return from saving. If the economy is shrinking and the demand for goods and services is unsatisfied, there will be an increasing demand for goods and services and thus a demand for money with interest.  
I make it simple for you Tongue
Assuming a bitcoin economy with a steady deflation of 2%. Would you lend me 10 BTC at -1% interest? why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:04:39 PM

Deflation is a wonderful thing it discourages malinvestment, and savers benefit, there are 5 billion that live today in a world of scarcity that you predict will ensue with deflation, deflation isn’t bad, and it implies big change for the other 20% who will have to change there thinking and lifestyles.

Hey guy you wanna lend me a bit of money? I'll pay 10% interest. Of course it will be negative interest so you will get back 90% of what you lent me. The more the better, I can pay back the day after!

... I won't lend my Bitcoins to just anybody. If I lend them it will be to fulfill a need not a want.

It depends!
Interest is the cost of money. Generally an economy is complex, so complex it should only be measured not managed, in general if the economy is growing - increasing goods and services, there will be less demand for money, a rational player will save and not lend as the law of supply and demand will yield a higher return from saving. If the economy is shrinking and the demand for goods and services is unsatisfied, there will be an increasing demand for goods and services and thus a demand for money with interest.  
Assuming a bitcoin economy with a steady deflation of 2%. Would you lend me 10 BTC at -1% interest? why?

Most probably not, my goal is to preserve my wealth, the risk of default is not worth the marginal gain, now if you were my nephews friend asking for a student loan I would consider lending you the money. With no interest if you had the right attitude.

I will only consider working with my money if there is inflation. Any deflation = saving.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
thaaanos

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:46:30 AM

It depends!

Most probably not, my goal is to preserve my wealth, the risk of default is not worth the marginal gain, now if you were my nephews friend asking for a student loan I would consider lending you the money. With no interest if you had the right attitude.

I will only consider working with my money if there is inflation. Any deflation = saving.
Would you be interested in recieving the above loan? what would you do with that money?
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:53:19 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 01:05:10 PM by Lloydie

Let's be clear who we are dealing with in this Thaaanos creature:

Ha we'll see who gets to laugh last.
No just a grade school teacher lol.
I will and when I come, I will have Central Banks to back me! yeah!
and Im gone make your bitcoins worth shit so Hodl.
Tongue
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:24:16 AM

It depends!

Would you be interested in recieving the above loan? what would you do with that money?
As a rational player it would depend of a lot of variables.
Who is making the loan and why?
Do I have a job, or am I an entrepreneur or do I have a cash flow problem?

To buy a house: no.
To supplement my income: no, on second thought, maybe, what is my jurisdictions position on moral hazard?
As a loan to start a business, No, I’d consider a joint venture capital risk for labour risked.
For cash flow in a well established business, yes. If it made sense.

Me personally in my current position, I’d tell the lender 0% interest and a 5% stake in my venture or hit the road.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: