Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My friend created A Quantum computer  (Read 1085 times)
bigmelons25 (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:47:27 AM

My longtime friend that I have known from elementary school has always been a computer genius.  Thats basically all he did growing up. He was always tinkering with tech and anything new.  He's kind ofl ike a modern day Tesla. Well after a few years without contact he claims to have developed a fully functional quantum computer.  He will be bulding more but the scary thing is how he was telling me how it will basically destroy the mining market.  I couldn't keep this a secret but he estimates he will be mining over 90 percent of newly generated bitcoins once he gets everything up and running.  Basically he can destroy the entire network if he wants to

I am quite worried and I don't know of his whereabouts as of yet.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:52:48 AM
Merited by BitcoinSupremo (5)

Congratulations, that entitles you to a "troll status".

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:57:27 AM

Sure... make quantum computing a reality and he’s going to mine Bitcoin, instead of say... finding a cure for cancer, or some other use to better the human condition.  I call Bullshit!
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:25:01 AM

Sure... make quantum computing a reality and he’s going to mine Bitcoin, instead of say... finding a cure for cancer, or some other use to better the human condition.  I call Bullshit!

Of course someone would go for massive financial gain, thats what makes the world go round.  No amount of computing power could solve cancer, are you really this stupid?

This is quite terrifying if true.
remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:49:01 AM

My longtime friend that I have known from elementary school has always been a computer genius.  Thats basically all he did growing up. He was always tinkering with tech and anything new.  He's kind ofl ike a modern day Tesla. Well after a few years without contact he claims to have developed a fully functional quantum computer.  He will be bulding more but the scary thing is how he was telling me how it will basically destroy the mining market.  I couldn't keep this a secret but he estimates he will be mining over 90 percent of newly generated bitcoins once he gets everything up and running.  Basically he can destroy the entire network if he wants to

Where did you find this wicked strain that you are smoking? Is it legal where you are at?
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:10:03 AM

Brilliant just brilliant Smiley
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:13:30 AM

Microsoft have quantum computer and they dont know what to do.
vacarosie200

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:28:19 AM

your genius friend that build a quantum computer it's a genius , not like you, because you are stupid and him it's genius.
the people who build quantum computers point them to compute other think that bring more money then bitcoin , so please remember that : you are the stupid one, not him, the genius
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:33:33 AM

Quantum computers won't be good at mining BTC because the hash rate is so huge that it won't make a difference.

He most likely wouldn't even be able to mine XMR at a huge enough hashrate for a 51% attack.

People are worried however that quantum computing might make ECDSA less secure and most likely in the future the security will need to be improved.

Basically Satoshis BTC might be at risk also since he has the public key shown.

However we are years away from this happening.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:42:38 AM

Found your friend....right here

billhinge

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:58:16 AM

is it April fools day again?
2stout

Activity: 2338
Merit: 585

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:31:03 PM

Interesting backdrop for the base of a fictional, not quite there yet story.  To portray as apparently true would seem to be horseshit though, lol.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:51:51 PM

I laughed a lot and gave you 5 merits with that post. I wonder what kind of persons are the ones like OP who have a distort perception of reality and think that their imaginary computer illiterate friend has just built a quantum computer that will make mining go away and he will mine over 90% of the bitcoins left to be mined. Hey OP I would like to know where do you buy your weed  Grin ?
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:10:15 PM

And what if this was actually true...........................
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:17:12 PM

And what if this was actually true...........................

Then his "friend" could make a lot more money by selling the technology to IBM then he could ever make mining Bitcoin... LOL!

95do

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:17:37 PM

Sure... make quantum computing a reality and he’s going to mine Bitcoin, instead of say... finding a cure for cancer, or some other use to better the human condition.  I call Bullshit!

😂 LOL
BazsiBazsi

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:20:59 PM

a nibba be puttin out chips cooled to 0.015 K just to mine alts and BTC. not thats some next level stuff
Munxgauzen

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 10:55:40 PM

Maybe he's a new Tesla, maybe he somehow managed to find an extraction option with a quantum computer. Let's argue logically: Why until this time large companies could not cope with this task? Why do you need to tell your old friend about this progress? I would not say anything.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:37:58 AM

If true, do you believe him what he said?

for me, if true/false i still unbelieve and not worry

you're genius in making up stories. Grin

dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 12:36:53 PM

My OTHER friend, oddly enough lives next door to the quantum guy, JUST like 10 min ago invented teleportation!  OMG!  BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!

Tongue

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: