Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:16:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What coins are you mining?  (Read 1301 times)
machra (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:53:01 PM

Hello everyone,

There are hundreds of coins on the market right now and it seems - at least in my research - that a lot of coins have lossed some value over the past few days. My question is, what coins are you mining / following and how have they been holding up lately?

I'm mining the dogecoin as made famous by reddit and 4chan. So far its doing okay but im fearing that in a few days it may longer be worth mining as the electricity costs more than what i get out of it from mining.  I looked into litecoin since its more stable but the gains just weren't there for me starting out. Any upcoming coins you might be interested in? I hear the CoinYe (kayne Coin) is coming soon... thinking about whether or not i want to mine that just for the pure hype it may generate with your average consumer... that is to say the market that it will reach will have no idea how to mine it but i think it'll still become popular.
MTPcgr

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:58:44 PM

I've been using middlecoin.com, so I have no idea which coins I'm actually mining other than they are scrypt coins.  It mines whatever is listed as the most profitable coins, then converts them to BTC, and pays out in BTC only.  It has worked great except for the last few weeks has dramatically slowed down.  In fact, I don't think I've had a payout from them for about 6 days.  Usually I get one every day or two, sometimes three or four.

MTP
SheepOnDrugs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:05:11 PM

holy shit, thanks for the tip with middlecoin, definitely gonna try that out! Cheesy looks great
SystmHash

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:06:18 PM

holy shit, thanks for the tip with middlecoin, definitely gonna try that out! Cheesy looks great

I will definitely recommend middlecoin, been with them for a few weeks. Point your miners and you're done, the OP does everything for you.
SystmHash

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:15:09 PM

I've been using middlecoin.com, so I have no idea which coins I'm actually mining other than they are scrypt coins.  It mines whatever is listed as the most profitable coins, then converts them to BTC, and pays out in BTC only.  It has worked great except for the last few weeks has dramatically slowed down.  In fact, I don't think I've had a payout from them for about 6 days.  Usually I get one every day or two, sometimes three or four.

MTP

They had an issue with the US servers, which resulted in a lot of disconnects and caused lower payouts. There is a fix in place since Sunday, however it still results in 1% rejected shares, which isn't too bad, before it was like 10%

Search for your bitcoin wallet (that you are mining middle coin with) on the main page, to find a personalized page for you so you can watch your progress.
GB89

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:48:24 PM

I'm new so take my input with a grain of salt.

I'm mining Earthcoin. It looks really interesting.

mrnxtuser

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:53:27 PM

nxt coin Cheesy
parpapapa

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:21:42 PM

I mine Ermahgerd till difficulty raises much then back to earthcoin Cheesy
black_swan

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:23:51 PM

I am mining american coin, I haven't done much in the last 48hrs.
Do you think middlecoin.com pays out correctly?
MTPcgr

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:24:17 PM

You are welcome.  I hope you have better luck than I've had in the last couple of weeks. 
jimmyjimmy

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:26:49 PM

dogecoin Cheesy
Foxsly

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:58:01 PM

I mine Ermahgerd till difficulty raises much then back to earthcoin Cheesy

I'm doing the same thing but then going back to Litecoin Smiley
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 11:10:03 PM

only Litecoin.

https://litecointalk.org/

iwantzcoins

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:19:24 PM

I’ve been mining DogeCoin, then KittehCoin and just started with ErmahgerdCoin. Exchange rates DogeCoin are going down lately, same with KittehCoin. Maybe I have some luck with ErmahgerdCoin, because the difficulty is still low.
Rub3n

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

S> Cheap SocialMedia Hype's

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 11:24:27 PM

kittehcoin

procyon112

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:27:15 PM

I've been mining Monacoin (http://www.reddit.com/r/monacoin/). It had a great launch with no premine or instamine. It's got a Japanese community behind it who are very excited to see this coin succeed. Currently the difficulty is low and the value is very high. I'm excited about this coin and think it's a great addition, particularly because of it's support with the underrepresented Japanese community. I think it will do well.

SlothCoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:30:53 PM

I'm mining Frozen right now. Its price is 7 cents and doesn't have a billion coins like many coins do
thm001

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:33:02 PM

BTC, LTC and XPM.

LTC and XPM ( GPU/CPU on the same rigs )
grimlock

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:48:43 PM

MTP

This looks pretty awesome, I'll have to try it.

Thanks!
Jacce

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:52:11 PM

I've mined Dogecoin, Peercoin and Bitcoin earlier, but currently I'm just mining Litecoin and Primecoin. I'll probably check out Middlecoin, though. It seems interesting.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: