Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:42:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for BTC>EUR(Cash in mail) exchanger service  (Read 564 times)
Bitcoi2n2n (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:54:18 PM

Is there any service available that offers sending cash in mail for Bitcoins?

I am desperately searching for quite some time now but no luck. :/
There were several people on BitMit who did this but now I'm lost since BitMit is gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoi2n2n (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:20:32 PM

Bump

Still looking
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:34:10 PM

Bump

Still looking

IRC, this guy does cash in mail http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=riX2000
He has an app to figure out price: https://rix-otc-calc.herokuapp.com/ pretty sure he does EUR too ask him.

Failing that buy high demand items online like Iphones with BTC, sell them locally for cash.

Bitcoi2n2n (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:43:15 PM

Bump

Still looking

IRC, this guy does cash in mail http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=riX2000
He has an app to figure out price: https://rix-otc-calc.herokuapp.com/ pretty sure he does EUR too ask him.

Failing that buy high demand items online like Iphones with BTC, sell them locally for cash.

I don't really get that bitcoin-otc.com page. How can I even contact him? And his rates are all from 2012 or 2013 so I don't know if he is even still active if I could figure out how to contact him.

EDIT: Oh nvm just figured out it is about an IRC channel.

About the buying items idea: It's a lot of effort and I don't know people who would want any pricey stuff so I can't do that. :/
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:44:43 PM

Posting cash is really risky. Many of the packages of paperwork I get from different countries come ripped at the corners as the post office nose about in there. Oddly they never seem to rip open letters or parcels though. I really don't know if they are checking for something or just looking for things to steal.

Where are you? And what kind of quantities do you want to sell? There might be a better way to do this.
Bitcoi2n2n (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:44:10 PM

Posting cash is really risky. Many of the packages of paperwork I get from different countries come ripped at the corners as the post office nose about in there. Oddly they never seem to rip open letters or parcels though. I really don't know if they are checking for something or just looking for things to steal.

Where are you? And what kind of quantities do you want to sell? There might be a better way to do this.

That's why you gotta know about your stuff...
To me this never happened and I did quite some Cash in mail trades. With me being on the sending part or on the receiving part. All of it. Never had anything stolen. First rule would be never trade with suspicious countries, if possible only trade with people in your own country so the mail doesn't have to go over any borders.
Second, use tracking possibilities. That way postmen won't dare to steal it since it could be traced back where it was stolen and they could lose their job...
Third, use safe packing methods so you can't see through the envelope and hide the money in somewhere.

If you take care of these things you should be safe. The real question is where are you from where paperwork packages get ripped open? You are aware that you can send in some serious complains about that and well, also definitely should do that?
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:50:45 PM

If you take care of these things you should be safe. The real question is where are you from where paperwork packages get ripped open? You are aware that you can send in some serious complains about that and well, also definitely should do that?

This happens a lot with post from the UK to mainland Europe. Normally one corner will be ripped open but it only happens to things that look like bundles of paper from the outside. Small letters or big parcels never seem to get touched. A couple of times I've seen what looks like notes written near the torn opening saying something like 'letters' or 'paperwork' always in English. I know the people sending this stuff and it's not in their writing so I guess this is the UK borders people checking for money. There really isn't anyone to complain to about this. All the parties involved will deny everything and claim it's accidental damage.

If you stuff a few fifties inside a book you will probably be fine but you will never be able to prove a sender shafted you unless you use a non-anonymous tracking service.
Bitcoi2n2n (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:05:13 PM

This happens a lot with post from the UK to mainland Europe. Normally one corner will be ripped open but it only happens to things that look like bundles of paper from the outside. Small letters or big parcels never seem to get touched. A couple of times I've seen what looks like notes written near the torn opening saying something like 'letters' or 'paperwork' always in English. I know the people sending this stuff and it's not in their writing so I guess this is the UK borders people checking for money. There really isn't anyone to complain to about this. All the parties involved will deny everything and claim it's accidental damage.

If you stuff a few fifties inside a book you will probably be fine but you will never be able to prove a sender shafted you unless you use a non-anonymous tracking service.
I'd definitely not let that sit on me.. Does secrecy of correspondence not exist in the UK? I'm pretty sure if you go to a lawyer with these envelopes they can start further investigation proving that the "damage" is not accidental. If it happens multiple times and the "accidental damage" looks the same, I would collect these letters without touching them anymore and use them as evidence and go to a lawyer or the police.
I'm from Germany and over here it has serious consequences if it becomes revealed that a postman does open the letters. He will lose his job for sure and get a rather high amercement.

But yes it is always recommended to use non-anonymous tracking services for money shipments anyways.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: