Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:42:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's do you expect to see from Bitcoin in 2014?  (Read 756 times)
fannybaws (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:14:00 PM

Over 50% of Bitcoiners believe the price will hit $10,000 this year but how likely is this?  I'd give it 50-50.

How will 31st January affect the price of Bitcoin?  The effect will be negligible I reckon.

Will this be the year for mass adoption?  No, we wait until 2015 for that.
Bitconorama

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Just trust me.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:18:09 PM

Over 50% of Bitcoiners believe the price will hit $10,000 this year but how likely is this?  I'd give it 50-50.

How will 31st January affect the price of Bitcoin?  The effect will be negligible I reckon.

You've answered all your own questions!

/thread  Tongue
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:21:14 PM

I think it's likely there will be a few drops along the way.  $2000 - $3000 would be my guess.
hope4me

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:31:39 PM

I expect new bigger merchants accepting Bitcoin in 2014, so I can spend my Bitcoins easier
bithic

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:39:20 PM

Here's a great analysis of the core strengths/requirements of the bitcoin protocol, and it's ramifications for the world at large, especially the underprivileged. One of the best lectures on the need for/possible future of bitcoin that I've come across. Any predictions of where bitcoin will be in the next few years should take this into consideration, both in terms of potential for growth and the challenges facing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy6XIBnThpY
harsi123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:59:27 PM

10000$=1BTC    Grin
hal7

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:03:16 PM

I expect new bigger merchants accepting Bitcoin in 2014, so I can spend my Bitcoins easier

I am guessing that 1BTC will be worth ~3500$ at the end of year.
PokerYacht

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:18:35 PM

I don't think mass adoption is going to happen anytime soon. However, I do think we will see more and more bitcoin services crop up this year, and the years to come. Bitcoin isn't quite ready for prime-time in my opinion, but it will be eventually  Wink
woutie70

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:36:09 PM

I expect to see more and more companies accept bitcoin (and maybe even litecoin) in 2014.
Also, my guess is that countries will have a more accepting attitude towards bitcoin.

This is my first post. I actually want to post in the Trading section, but I found out I had to post here to do that.
So here you are Wink
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:45:37 PM

100000$. Anything lower than that will be a fail imho.  Tongue
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:47:02 PM

Here's a great analysis of the core strengths/requirements of the bitcoin protocol, and it's ramifications for the world at large, especially the underprivileged. One of the best lectures on the need for/possible future of bitcoin that I've come across. Any predictions of where bitcoin will be in the next few years should take this into consideration, both in terms of potential for growth and the challenges facing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy6XIBnThpY
It should be compulsory viewing for everyone.  Fantastic vid.
Nightwatchman

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:09:30 AM

I'm a bit less bullish. Surely Bitcoin has to achieve some sort of critical mass before it rises dramatically further in price?

Though there are lots of us, we are still a relatively small community. And I think the complexities of the maths/tech/logic will take the average joe a fair amount of time to absorb, let alone act.

My guess is $1500 = 1 BTC.

I actually see more significant gains for the likes of Litecoin because the risk in getting involved is lower, mining is easier and the initial outlay to get some coins is a lot less than Bitcoin for people who are new to crypto-currencies and just want to dabble.
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:24:55 AM

BTC = A heck of a lot

LTC = A decent amount

NXT = A lot more than anybody thought!
sksfan

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:30:02 AM

Hello guys, im Peter and this is my first post. And now @the topic:

Somehow i feel bitcoin value will decrese drasticly in 2014. It will start by bitcoin beeing bought by massive players to play the game on its value. A normal guy like  you and me, wont be able to use it anymore. Ive seen a thread on this forums saying that mining already went pro, its no longer viable for regular people, its beeing dominated by proffessionals, the same thing will happen to BTC.

What i would like to see and what would be the best alternative?

I realy hope to see a coin that actually does something beneficial to the world, unlike finding prime numbers or proteins chains. Something that could realy help the world. Just look how much electricity and computing power is spent on SHA or script mining. Imagine a coin that would be benefictial, but not antother altcoin. Something that a serious team of trusted people would develop? Something with soft start and possibly endless coins generations, but all of this done by experienced people. If a project of that kind will pop up somewhere on this forum. Please support it guys, because we cannot let all this power go to waste.

I am still new to crypto currencies, i learn from my own mistakes. I would like to warn you guys from one thing - gambling. Ive spent all week mining dogecoins in hope they would increse thier value, and tonight someone on this forum mentioned website doge-dice.com I was curious how it works. In the start i won couple of coins but then i lost it, i did send them more to get it back, but i lost it again, and again. I got my lesson and i want to warn you guys, don't do the same mistake i did. You might say that i didint lose too much, im happy i only had couple of thousands of them, because if i would had more of them, i would have lost more of them. Don't do that. I know it all was my fault, i hope this post will prevent you guys from losing your coins, no matter if its DogeCoin, LiteCoin or BTC. If you find this post helpful to you, please help me too because my  wallet is empty now Sad
DOGE: DTZWum3BvJkLdeUpCdf1k5VnMdTyCAixu6
LTC: LczLDudrZMLvvKkJe9uzZSt3H7J2Nv3rtx
BTC: 15RAyVw3oWPMu7mKHijC6qJC3HcEdtahyx

DONT DO GAMBLE
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:44:43 AM

I know it will be worth $10,000 this year.  Cool
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:53:58 AM

I'll go with that I expect more media attention on significant merchants accepting Bitcoin for some services. I am confident that BTC will continue to grow in price. Of course, if I was completely bullish and had the balls of a bull I would invest more fiat into coin, then leverage my stake in alt coins, alas there is always a bit of sensibility not too far away.

Here's hoping for a prosperous 2014 Smiley

bithic

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:01:29 AM

BTC = A heck of a lot

LTC = A decent amount

NXT = A lot more than anybody thought!

I think that's a good prediction. Although things may change very quickly. NXT is still so young, but it has a lot of potential. I think most of the copy-cat altcoins are going to go the way of the buffalo once NXT and some of the other new and truly usefully innovative cryptos establish themselves. Bitcoin might have trouble keeping up in innovation due to the inertia caused by so many vested interests, but I have trouble seeing how it'll lose its dominant market position any time soon.
avidwriter

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:23:27 AM

my prediction- a tier 1 retailer like Amazon will start accepting bitcoin and the price will jump to $10,000.  The next year it will hit $50,000 and more will start accepting it.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:36:30 AM

2014 is going to be a very encouraging year but 2015 is widespread approval and usage
Bitboomkev

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:37:52 AM

I believe the federal reserve will throw a wrench into things then congress will kiss there butt to do there evil work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: