Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:59:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: “Warren: Maybe You’re Wrong About Bitcoin?”  (Read 194 times)
lushlifing (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:26:05 AM

Well folks I found an interesting article this day, what can you say about it?

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett, known for his negative attitude towards cryptocurrencies, has been targeted in a bitcoin advocacy campaign lead by one of the largest cloud mining companies. Genesis Mining has recently posted billboards in front of Buffett’s office reminding him that he was wrong about Google and Amazon, and telling him that he may very well be wrong about bitcoin, as well.

The initiative has received a lot of support from the crypto community on social media. Genesis co-founder Marco Krohn posted on Twitter photos of the message to the investment guru with a short note saying: “Some new billboards outside of Warren Buffetts office! Smiley

Earlier this month, the American business magnate issued another warning in regards to bitcoin and the like. “Cryptocurrencies will come to a bad ending,” he said during the annual Berkshire Hathaway’s shareholder meeting, but he didn’t stop there. “If I could buy a five-year put on every one of the cryptocurrencies, I’d be glad to do it but I would never short a dime’s worth,” he said, concluding that bitcoin is “probably rat poison squared.” Needless to say, Buffett’s comments provoked reactions and even inspired new business ideas. A tokenized marketplace called Ecoinmerce has announced the “Rat Poison Squared clothing line.” T-shirts and hats are already offered online, but one can also order a mug with the winged phrase.

more about the article,
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-in-brief-saturday-warren-warned-by-billboards-coinbase-tempted-by-banking/
sandialoveth

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:02:13 AM

Of Course he is wrong because BTC is the best crypto system now a days but many milliner doesn’t like this because they this is a foolish Idea but I think they are fool because everyone is not fool like them and if we conceder the crypto world the ans will be clear and the price of bitcoin is very high and this comes with a new concept in the market and change the trading system.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:13:59 AM

Warren Buffet was wrong about Google and Amazon - may be he is also damn wrong about Bitcoin Wink
https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/warren-buffet-publicly-trolled-over-bitcoin-comments/
johnethearn

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:04:31 PM

BTC is the emerging sectors now a days but many milliner doesn’t like this because they this is a foolish Idea but I think they are fool because everyone is not fool like them and if we conceder the crypto world the ans will be clear and the price of bitcoin is very high and this comes with a new concept in the market and change the trading system.
bryancowart69

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 05:54:45 PM

Warren must be wrong with its  ::)persception Roll Eyes about bitcoin. It is the fastest growing crypto currency having oldest experience. For bitcoin, crypto currency has a lot of advancement and people are investing to it with great hopes. I hope these hopes will never get shattered.
shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:01:50 PM

I don't really know why Warren is not believing in bitcoin. Here's what I think, he's just fudding for he to buy more bitcoins at low price. This would be a great opportunity for those people who're billionaires.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bontkoli01

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:24:37 AM

We all know about bitcoin and it is the market leader of crypto market. Bitcoin is the best because of its performance and its popularity also increasing. So people are investing on bitcoin.
solopay669

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:54:22 AM

he probably is in something right, and you should listen to this or at least pay attention.
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:59:57 AM

I've said it before and I will say it again

Warren Buffet, doesn't use a computer nor does he use email. He said Facebook and Amazon would be massive flops.

He knows nothing about technology yet he is arrogant and presumptuous enough to think that he can make predictions related to tech-related companies.

Can you imagine trying to explain blockchain technology to someone who doesn't use a computer.
cryptohopes

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:04:55 AM

I've also watched the billboard. At first I was surprised then I was happy that this Advertisement tricks seems interesting to me.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:17:18 AM

i fully understand Warren Buffet's stance against bitcoin and why he is not interested in it, and there is nothing wrong with that. in  fact he is right about his stance because by his definition you should not invest in bitcoin.

but i can never understand his attitude against bitcoin. not seeing the potential of bitcoin is one thing but calling it names such as "rat poison" and talking about its end and how it will be bad is another and that is not acceptable at all.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
BlockpassIDN

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:34:22 AM

Warren Buffett talking about crypto always makes me think of this  Grin http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1044247-old-man-yells-at-cloud
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:08:00 AM

hahahahaha, but why do we keep harassing him, even? i mean, he could have his own opinions.
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:31:05 AM

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett, known for his negative attitude towards cryptocurrencies, has been targeted in a bitcoin advocacy campaign lead by one of the largest cloud mining companies. Genesis Mining has recently posted billboards in front of Buffett’s office reminding him that he was wrong about Google and Amazon, and telling him that he may very well be wrong about bitcoin, as well.

The initiative has received a lot of support from the crypto community on social media. Genesis co-founder Marco Krohn posted on Twitter photos of the message to the investment guru with a short note saying: “Some new billboards outside of Warren Buffetts office! Smiley

Earlier this month, the American business magnate issued another warning in regards to bitcoin and the like. “Cryptocurrencies will come to a bad ending,” he said during the annual Berkshire Hathaway’s shareholder meeting, but he didn’t stop there. “If I could buy a five-year put on every one of the cryptocurrencies, I’d be glad to do it but I would never short a dime’s worth,” he said, concluding that bitcoin is “probably rat poison squared.” Needless to say, Buffett’s comments provoked reactions and even inspired new business ideas. A tokenized marketplace called Ecoinmerce has announced the “Rat Poison Squared clothing line.” T-shirts and hats are already offered online, but one can also order a mug with the winged phrase.

more about the article,
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-in-brief-saturday-warren-warned-by-billboards-coinbase-tempted-by-banking/

a lot can bring people who had a negative opinion about bitcoin and all the crypto market! these people then changed their minds! very interesting article that shows how the world changes! there is information that he started investing in the crypto market and created his own investment fund! Soros also spoke negatively about bitcoin, and now he does not even hide his investments in the crypto market!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Kola

Activity: 215
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:42:37 AM

i am curious, what are they afraid? To lose their wealth? Life is short, u cant earn all money in the world, there is no need to much money to have a decent life, or they afraid the technology, because it will be no easy to control the global market anymore, anyway, fcuk them, i hope it will destroy old financial system with corruption government behind it
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 04:49:45 PM

Well, Warren Buffet is a newbie when it comes to the technology. Recently, when Warren Buffet acquired 5% share capital from Apple, his partner said that Warren is either crazy or he is still learning and even Warren Buffet himself admitted that he was wrong about Amazon. Thus, I don't think that  he will anytime appreciate Bitcoin or any tech related product just because there is no tangible output and his views are correct for the 20th century but we can not apply the same parameters to the world of 21st century where information is a new money and it is not tangible every time.
madisonnd99

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 08:36:04 PM

Warren Buffett's comment about bitcoin made me very sad actually, i liked this guy alot. i beileve bitcoin will be the currency of the future any why, then this people will underastand that they were wrong, and eventually they will come tho the market devotedly.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:21:30 PM

Warren Buffett's comment about bitcoin made me very sad actually, i liked this guy alot. i beileve bitcoin will be the currency of the future any why, then this people will underastand that they were wrong, and eventually they will come tho the market devotedly.

Warren Buffett may look like an idiot with everything he is saying, but he's doing that on purpose to [1] annoy the gamblers here only looking to bank on Bitcoin, and [2] to potentially gain benefit from his significant investments to become more valuable. Goldman Sachs is one of these investments in their portfolio, and let them be quite bullish on Bitcoin in general. Do people seriously believe that Buffett and Munger would want to have a massive stake in something that (mainly according to Munger) facilitates trades they consider to be similar to harvested baby brains? Bitcoin was even called rat poison, lol. It's all just one big troll show....
BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:15:47 PM

more about the article,

Warren Buffett wants seemingly go into history with some sentences which will cause people to laugh about him for decades. However my guess is that he will likely make a bad end before Bitcoin actually might.

ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:40:48 PM

Yes Warren is totally wrong about bitcoin as he lacks knowledge about new technologies.It would be better if he just keeps his mouth shut in matters which he doesn't possess any knowledge.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: