Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:27:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New ALT-COINS: some rules from the community (open proposal to talk about)  (Read 2040 times)
aleix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:36:16 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 10:54:12 PM by aleix

I want to propose a set of rules to manage and discard new altcoins, last month was really crazy and I think we, as a community, must stop this.

New ALT-COINS, some rules from the community for new developers:

1.- We want to know the real name and resume of current developers (previous experience, etc.)
2.- We want they to talk about his work directly to the community and answer our questions
3.- The code must be public
4.- We want to know the expectations of the developers (1 month / 6 months / 1 year)
5.- The coin must have some code innovations, new ideas or a huge community behind
6.- What will you do to ensure the commercial viability of your coin? What is the plan of ensuring diffusion? How will you convince businesses to adopt your coin?

What do you think? I will add your proposals.  Smiley

(I'm not a native english speaker, so sorry for my mistakes)
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maluridea

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:46:17 PM

Good incentive. I would like to add something that I feel is lacking in basically all coins today: business aspects.

I research innovation management and business development and teach strategy and innovation at a university. As such I understand the need for technological innovations early on. The myriad of new altcoins, coupled with early adoption of businesses, suggest to me that we are now moving fast into the early growth phases where a few of these coins will emerge as dominant. Therefore I would urge coin developers to consider the business aspects of their coins to a far greater extent than what is being done now. Technical aspects do not interest me anymore (unless revolutionary), those are qualifiers. I want to know what will make your coin an order winner, and that information is found within the business aspects of the coin.

So ... a) what will you do to ensure the commercial viability of your coin? b) what is the plan of ensuring diffusion? c) how will you convince businesses to adopt your coin?

My 2 cents.

NB: If any coin developer wants to talk to me, send me a PM.
black_swan

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:49:43 PM

You are not the first one trying to write a list of rules for alts (there is even a group which gives scores! Huh)
Until all these scams coin are bought on the exchange for speculation hence it's much better to educate newcomers rather than doing this list..
my 2 cents :-)
aleix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:50:58 PM

So ... a) what will you do to ensure the commercial viability of your coin? b) what is the plan of ensuring diffusion? c) how will you convince businesses to adopt your coin?

tnks a lot. A really good proposal  Smiley

I'll add right away!
aleix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:01:36 PM

You are not the first one trying to write a list of rules for alts (there is even a group which gives scores! Huh)
Until all these scams coin are bought on the exchange for speculation hence it's much better to educate newcomers rather than doing this list..
my 2 cents :-)

My intention is to systematize the questions and think about what you are asking the new coins. My intention is to say, I will not invest or mine, rather than answer ... Because we are investing our money, our hasrate, power bill,  etc...

To educate newcomers like me.

Thanks for your two cents  Smiley
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:03:59 PM

1.- Satoshi Nakamoto
2.- No communications
3.- Done
4.- 2-3 Years
5.- Bitcoin
6.- Nothing
aleix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:15:19 PM

1.- Satoshi Nakamoto
2.- No communications
3.- Done
4.- 2-3 Years
5.- Bitcoin
6.- Nothing

ok, you are right  Grin  I'm talking about new announcements in this forum

Other alts that can answer all or some of this questions?

only Litecoin i guess ...
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:55:30 PM

We have a free market. The problem are the people here who jumps on a new coin which satisfies not your points. When there is a new announcement with little information, the first questions are:
"when does it start?", "are there pools?", "Can I buy some?"

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:08:28 PM

This has already been talked about... a Faircoin label for coins that meet certain critieria.

We need a watchdog group not to regulate but to give a seal of approval to coins that
are not of the pump and dump scam variety... i.e. 95% of the alt coins being mined now.
aleix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:29:44 PM

This has already been talked about... a Faircoin label for coins that meet certain critieria.

We need a watchdog group not to regulate but to give a seal of approval to coins that
are not of the pump and dump scam variety... i.e. 95% of the alt coins being mined now.

Agree. I think we must demand more to the new developers. I think first issue is mandatory.

We are "buying" products with no information.

SCAM

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:32:33 PM

Hear ye hear ye!

luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:36:50 PM

i support that. Anyway, it's either that or all alt coins will die. Nobody trust them anymore. I don't even bother mining right now.
enerbyte

Activity: 556
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:41:23 PM

Creo que es una muy buena iniciativa, pero creo que es difícil establecer o imponer estar normas, quizás comenzar a separar las monedas en dos grupos, las que cumplen estas directrices y las demás monedas de mierda que salen a diario, así los usuarios podrán decidir por su cuenta y ver cual es la que más le gusta, algo así como una certificación de cumplimiento de normas, así los usuarios que recién están comenzando en la minería sabrán donde poner más esfuerzo, aún así, es bastante difícil.  Smiley
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:44:38 PM

Speaking about that, it would be so good that cryptsy and other exchanges ban all crap coins without purpose from their website within the next few months. Only those respecting acertain ethic should stay. Cleaning will be necessary.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:48:15 PM

I just laugh at these posts.

Everything is fine, everything is the way its supposed to be. There is nothing wrong with what people are doing here. This is the evolution of the alt coin community and alt coins in general. I feel privileged to have been here for the past 5 months. I am seeing the future unfold and I am part of it. If I play my cards right I will retire a rich, young man. What more can anyone ask for? This is amazing!

So to address this post. This is all open source, public domain, no holds barred. Leave it alone you control freaks!

buddynuno

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:54:52 PM

Everything is fine, everything is the way its supposed to be. There is nothing wrong with what people are doing here. This is the evolution of the alt coin community and alt coins in general. I feel privileged to have been here for the past 5 months. I am seeing the future unfold and I am part of it. If I play my cards right I will retire a rich, young man. What more can anyone ask for? This is amazing!

So to address this post. This is all open source, public domain, no holds barred. Leave it alone you control freaks!

+1

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
hmmmm

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:23:45 AM

You're going to retire a rich young man?   Really?   Presumably not via all the pump and dump going on.   That's mostly table scraps.   Hopefully, you believe some of these altcoins have potential.   Perhaps very few.
XenInvestments

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 10:08:14 AM

+1
+golfclap
BitOffer

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:15:39 AM

I would settle for a 3-7 day notice of all launches and a cap premine. I don't want the community nit picking the quality of devs from resumes. The best talent can come from anonymous systems. If you have a star dev on the coin team of course it would be smart to make it public. As far as coins adding something new, the system will correct itself is probably the best policy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: