Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:57:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will start to fall once global resources fall short  (Read 1976 times)
Interized (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Coolness: ∞

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:22:36 PM

We cannot continue on this planet with all these people.

Mass amounts of poor degenerates having mass amount of kids just to get on food stamps and then hope the kids take care of them.

The 1% have seen this and are hording resources for when the time comes to leave this planet.

Perhaps they will take Bitcoin with them, and us.

90%+ of the people on this planet = doomed.

This is 100% true, are we going to just keep rising the population until we have to eat each other?

Seems like it.

Dog eat dog world..

Gold isn't the answer.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:27:18 PM

I think we'll muddle through somehow. The poor breeding to milk the state only happens in first world countries. In huge parts of it you're totally on your own.

In an ideal world wealth will be spread around a little more. Perhaps crypto currencies can play a small part in that.

More prosperity = lower birth rate and increased sustainability. Pie in the sky? Maybe.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:32:38 PM

I think we'll muddle through somehow. The poor breeding to milk the state only happens in first world countries. In huge parts of it you're totally on your own.

In an ideal world wealth will be spread around a little more. Perhaps crypto currencies can play a small part in that.

More prosperity = lower birth rate and increased sustainability. Pie in the sky? Maybe.

I just think it is DISGUSTING how all these "ghetto" people try to blame government, business or anyone else yet they continue to have a lot of kids. It is pure insanity and they will NEVER get help and only causing a worse situation.

I'm from the ghetto so I have every right to talk.

Just last week I stayed in some nasty motels and everyone there was pounding on my door begging for money always talking about how many kids they have and what they need etc. etc.

I gave money to every single one of them but still felt so disgusted at these people for bringing KIDS into a life they couldn't support.

One of them had 3 kids living in a roach infested motel while being pregnant. Then expects the world to feel bad.

And I do, but at the same time it is just so disgusting.

Personally I won't ever have kids until I know I can support them and leaning towards adopting.

These people don't understand they are causing what is wrong with the economy today and simply don't care.

The simple fact is, we have too many people STOP POPPING OUT KIDS YOU CAN'T TAKE CARE OF.

Gold isn't the answer.
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:41:04 PM

I'm from the ghetto so I have every right to talk judge another human being.

FTFY

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
traderCJ

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:48:08 PM

The simple fact is, we have too many people STOP POPPING OUT KIDS YOU CAN'T TAKE CARE OF.

I think this we can all agree on.  People shouldn't have children they cannot support.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:48:47 PM

Thank you for this enlightening tirade.
Ibrahim@IBB

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:16:08 AM

There are more than enough resources on the planet. There are NOT enough resources for everyone to live like Europeans and Americans. But the simple fact is you don't need to live like that to be happy. I have seen families of 9 people living in a 1 bedroom apartment and happier than most Americans. Because they don't have so much stuff and they don't constantly see people who have way more than them to get jealous, or watch TV to see glamorous lifestyles that make them want more. Overpopulation is a question of WANTS not of needs.

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:20:15 AM

I fail to see the correlation between the topic and the price of bitcoin.

Well when the apocalypse happens I'll probably have more to worry about than the price of bitcoin also..
Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:20:42 AM

There are more than enough resources on the planet. There are NOT enough resources for everyone to live like Europeans and Americans. But the simple fact is you don't need to live like that to be happy. I have seen families of 9 people living in a 1 bedroom apartment and happier than most Americans. Because they don't have so much stuff and they don't constantly see people who have way more than them to get jealous, or watch TV to see glamorous lifestyles that make them want more. Overpopulation is a question of WANTS not of needs.

No one is expecting this planet to be around 900 years from now.

You only have so much time to get affairs in order.

Gold isn't the answer.
Siegfried

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:57:18 AM

That planet will most certainly be around. The question is whether or not we will.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:01:19 AM

That planet will most certainly be around. The question is whether or not we will.

Exactly, but even then the planet will only be used to extract what little resources it has left used to power a new planet, so in this sense we will literally kill Earth one day or at least take it over and treat it more like a science experiment.

Gold isn't the answer.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:06:44 AM

FTFY

I'm from the ghetto so I have every right to talk judge another human being when they have their hand in my pocket expecting me to support them.

FTFTFY
Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:11:10 AM

FTFY

I'm from the ghetto so I have every right to talk judge another human being when they have their hand in my pocket expecting me to support them.

FTFTFY

Yes, I talk from actual experience.

No need to ignore where the problem is, but to confront it instead of having more kids that government will give you money for.

You have generations that go out and BRAG about how they get free money from the government to pay for more than just section 8.

This isn't just oh one person here or there.

Gold isn't the answer.
loopgate88

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:16:27 AM

LOL
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:20:27 AM

In a few billion years, this planet actually won't be around. What say you then?
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:04:37 AM

FTFY

FTFTFY

you had no obligation to give them anything. their asking is entirely within their expected freedoms...

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:06:34 AM

LOL

Science FTW.

Gold isn't the answer.
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:12:49 AM

Don't panic - The truth about population growth.

BitcoinAshley

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:01:40 AM

I think OP is tripping on silk road acid

The world has enough resources and technology to support this many people easily & without destroying the planet. It's just that most individuals on the planet are not following a strategy to get to that point.

But, bitcoin could still fall, for any reason, even one that nobody has yet conceived of. That's why no matter how much you belieb in BTC, you still gotta maintain at least some semblance of diversity. BTC, PMs, hard goods, fiat cash, land, etc. I know some people will snort when I say PMs, some will snort at hard goods or land. Snorters gonna snort. All the eggs in one basket does work when you pick the right basket, but overconfidence can be a bitch...
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:14:35 AM

I think OP is tripping on silk road acid
I think that when I open almost every thread in the Speculation subforum.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: