Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:10:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitstamp price tickers  (Read 925 times)
arepo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:49:05 PM

anyone know any good price tickers like clark moody's with an interactive graph that shows price points and such when you scroll over it, that has a candlestick view?

this resource was invaluable to me in the past and i can't find a good one for bitstamp...

sorry, Blitz, i know this probably doesn't belong here but i'm asking fellow speculators because that is what i intend to use this resource for Tongue

--arepo

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:49:49 PM

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitstamp/btcusd
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:53:42 PM

exactly what i was looking for, thanks much MA Smiley

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:04:56 AM

any way to increase the default viewing timeframe? it seems automatically tied to the candle width.

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:26:34 AM

any way to increase the default viewing timeframe? it seems automatically tied to the candle width.
Mouse scrolling down over the interface increases timeframe.

Unless I am misunderstanding you?
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:30:21 AM

nope, got it, just getting used to the interface, thanks

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:34:11 AM

so the mouse wheel seems only to increase it to some arbitrary max, and then allows you to zoom in from there, but if you want to view a longer timeframe zooming out with your browser's built-in zoom function seems to work well.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:47:53 PM

so the mouse wheel seems only to increase it to some arbitrary max, and then allows you to zoom in from there, but if you want to view a longer timeframe zooming out with your browser's built-in zoom function seems to work well.

Yes, there's a max time frame that can and will be displayed. first it's limited by your screen size (or resolution) which determines how far you can "zoom out" with the mouse wheel. the exact time span displayed per screen depends on both the zoom level, your resolution and the time period setting you chose (1h,6h etc).

you can go back further into "history" by drag&dropping the view... but there's a hard limit (again, dependent on the time period setting) how far you can go back. not sure what the max candle history is, I'm under the impression the u/bitcoinwisdom maybe slightly raised it lately.

Anyway....

May I suggest going over to:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190722
the creator is super helpful, takes useful suggestions into account, and his site has so far stood up under load (during volatile times) when all others (including clarkmoody) have failed. IMO the best live charting & trading website right now, and I recommend to make a small donation (or subscribe) so he can afford to run it in the future, with the same level of service.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:43:34 PM

Hey arepo, just to ask because I haven't seen you post a chart with it yet, but have you seen trading view yet? For me atm, tv and btwisdom are the perfect combo. You'll love the range of studies on tv.

https://www.tradingview.com
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:56:50 PM

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitstamp/btcusd
First Of All click this Site
Go to the setting
There you will find MAIN INDI, INDI, CHART STYL, SCL, THM so if you want to see your chart Different Candlesticks then change it, to what you prefer Defult is CandleStick so you can choose OHLC (As much as i understand your question) so you will get your OHLC view where you could get your opening, Closing High and Low market watch.
Good Luck

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:07:31 PM

Hey arepo, just to ask because I haven't seen you post a chart with it yet, but have you seen trading view yet? For me atm, tv and btwisdom are the perfect combo. You'll love the range of studies on tv.

i appreciate this a lot and will definitely check it out. i think the main reason i've been avoiding it is because i don't use Elliot Wave analysis at all. not that i don't think it's effective if done properly (i modeled my own "fractal analysis" off of its principles), but i don't trust myself to do it properly and it is too prone to pareidolia Wink

--arepo

YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 08:44:53 PM

i appreciate this a lot and will definitely check it out. i think the main reason i've been avoiding it is because i don't use Elliot Wave analysis at all. not that i don't think it's effective if done properly (i modeled my own "fractal analysis" off of its principles), but i don't trust myself to do it properly and it is too prone to pareidolia Wink

--arepo

pareidolia - Now that's a word every trader should have in their book!

Elliot is a strange beast, very trusted by many traders, yet as easy to explain as why fib's show up so often. Tho, trading view is about way more than elliot, every study you could ask for, a scripting tool so you can write your own indicator, and many ways to display your chart data. Best of all and the reason I mention it to you is that it would allow you to share your ideas easier than I've seen with your use of bitcoincharts so hope it helps.
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:57:27 PM

--arepo

pareidolia - Now that's a word every trader should have in their book!

Elliot is a strange beast, very trusted by many traders, yet as easy to explain as why fib's show up so often. Tho, trading view is about way more than elliot, every study you could ask for, a scripting tool so you can write your own indicator, and many ways to display your chart data. Best of all and the reason I mention it to you is that it would allow you to share your ideas easier than I've seen with your use of bitcoincharts so hope it helps.

yes i've been playing around with it since you've pointed it out and it seems quite powerful in its capabilities. thanks again! Smiley

--arepo

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: