Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:35:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to sell litecoins  (Read 1755 times)
kgonepostl (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:45:48 AM

I don't wanna sell them to people People can be scammy. I want a website with a good rate that I can transfer to my bank by binding my routing information to the website. Please let me know why they are so great :-)

ANY critism's about my request are welcome. Thanks so much guys and gals
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:13:57 AM

OP, Haven't you been doing your homework?  Wink

Of course there's many trusted sites such as Coinbase.com and BTC-E.
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:32:44 AM

I'd suggest turning your LTC into BTC at an exchange like BTC-e.  Then take those BTC to a website like Coinbase and sell them there. Smiley

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:39:53 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 03:50:41 AM by kgonepostl

I'd suggest turning your LTC into BTC at an exchange like BTC-e.  Then take those BTC to a website like Coinbase and sell them there. Smiley
Why go through all the hassle  to convert into bitcoin and send it to coinbase? Wouldn't somebody be smart enough to start their own "coinbase" for litecoin?

I'm pretty sure that coinbase.com doesn't do "litecoins". I'll check again though..
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:54:25 AM

I'd suggest turning your LTC into BTC at an exchange like BTC-e.  Then take those BTC to a website like Coinbase and sell them there. Smiley
Why go through all the hassle  to convert into bitcoin and send it to coinbase? Wouldn't somebody be smart enough to start their own "coinbase" for litecoin?

I'm pretty sure that coinbase.com doesn't do "litecoins". I'll check again though..
Yea, check out the site.
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:33:43 PM

Yea, check out the site.

What site? I checked, and coinbase doesn't accept litecoins (yet). And that BTC-E website looks-complicated-as-hell. Please verify, and thanks to everybody that's helped so far.
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:40:06 AM

Coinbase? What, I thought they did, well sorry for that, and if you dont like BTC-e, Then you can try this site called Cryptsy, It takes almost all type of currency available.
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:56:45 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 01:49:47 AM by kgonepostl

Coinbase? What, I thought they did, well sorry for that, and if you dont like BTC-e, Then you can try this site called Cryptsy, It takes almost all type of currency available.

I've been mining at wemineltc BUT I've heard rumors that they've been skimming peoples coins. That's very dirty. Reminds me of the time 50btc fucked me over 3 coins, deleted my account, etc etc. I'm looking for a litecoin mining pool with a very low/no fee and is reputable.

Ugh.......I hope this pays off..

Edit:
I'm mining at 600kh/sec. According to the hashrate calculator I'm using. I should be making this every 24 hours.
24 hours  0.17208466 LTC

I'VE BEEN MINING FOR THREE DAYS (almost 24/7) WITH VERY LITTLE OFFTIME. Hashrate calculator says I should be makeing 0.17/day at 600kh/sec

AFTER 3 DAYS MINING I have a measly 0.12 LTC!!!!

SEEMS PRETTY FUCKIN SCAMMY!!!

I need a new reputable pool, or somebody needs to clear up my confusion. I'm new, I'm confused, and this seems slimey as shit!

This is the hashrate calculator I'm using.

https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=700&difficulty=3366.69409729&power=200&energycost=0.10&currency=USD
bmoconno

New In Town...

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:23:19 AM

Is your cgminer showing any HW?  Even a few are detrimental to your hash rate.

What is your hash rate on WeMineLTC?  Does it match what cgminer says?

I've had miners pointed at WeMineLTC for over a year now, and I've never had a problem with them skimming me.  There was a problem about 5-6 months ago when LTC mining was being exploited, and that made a lot of people think WeMineLTC was skipping.  It was later proven that that wasn't the case.  WeMineLTC was also not the only pool affected by the exploit, they just happened to have been one of the largest pools at the time.

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:33:08 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 01:44:05 AM by kgonepostl

Is your cgminer showing any HW?  Even a few are detrimental to your hash rate.

What is your hash rate on WeMineLTC?  Does it match what cgminer says?

I've had miners pointed at WeMineLTC for over a year now, and I've never had a problem with them skimming me.  There was a problem about 5-6 months ago when LTC mining was being exploited, and that made a lot of people think WeMineLTC was skipping.  It was later proven that that wasn't the case.  WeMineLTC was also not the only pool affected by the exploit, they just happened to have been one of the largest pools at the time.

I revised my post right above yours, please re-read it. Cgminer reports 598kh/sec - Average. Here's a screenshot of my miner AND my dashboard.

Miner:
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9776/my53.png

Dashboard/3 days work:
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6793/y9ze.png

The numbers don't EVEN COME CLOSE to matching up.

bmoconno

New In Town...

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:48:38 AM

That's very weird.  What does your hash rate graph look like over the week?

kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:58:09 AM

That's very weird.  What does your hash rate graph look like over the week?

Right here buddy. Hope this helps. If I did it wrong. I'll post a new pic. Thanks so much for everybody that's helped so far!

bmoconno

New In Town...

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:22:09 AM

Sorry,  I wish I had an answer for you... but I just don't know.  That graph is only the last 24 hours, I seem to remember there being a way to zoom out and see more history?  The graph you posted is in line with what you have earned, but if you've been mining at that same rate and stability for 3+ days you should obviously have more.  Sad

kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:15:02 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 03:32:14 AM by kgonepostl

Sorry,  I wish I had an answer for you... but I just don't know.  That graph is only the last 24 hours, I seem to remember there being a way to zoom out and see more history?  The graph you posted is in line with what you have earned, but if you've been mining at that same rate and stability for 3+ days you should obviously have more.  Sad

I-NEED-SUGGESTIONS-FOR-A-NEW-POOL
I'm only going to mine overnight from now on. So PPS algorithm would be the best right? Suggestions please!
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:36:52 AM

Sorry,  I wish I had an answer for you... but I just don't know.  That graph is only the last 24 hours, I seem to remember there being a way to zoom out and see more history?  The graph you posted is in line with what you have earned, but if you've been mining at that same rate and stability for 3+ days you should obviously have more.  Sad

I-NEED-SUGGESTIONS-FOR-A-NEW-POOL
I'm only going to mine overnight from now on. So PPS algorithm would be the best right? Suggestions please!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
***Bump

I need a suggetion for another pool to use, reliable pool, with low to no fee. Thanks in advance!
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:41:54 AM

weloveltc.com is a great pool with no fees and 265+ workers.
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:51:00 AM

weloveltc.com is a great pool with no fees and 265+ workers.
Thanks, I'll give her a try. Let me ask you a personal question though. Do you mine litecoins on this pool? Do you make very close to your projected earnings via a hashrate generator? Do you get real close to the ammount your video card is SUPPOSE to make?

Sorry I can't think of a better way to word that. Basically, do you get paid what you should? wemineltc just isn't cutting it as you can see. What's been your experience?
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:25:27 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 07:58:22 PM by kgonepostl

Is there a way to have cgminer for litecoins to use variable clock speeds that adjust like when I"m watching a movie or something on the computer that's mining? I tried adding --auto-gpu BUT it appears to not be working. I'd like to be able to watch movies and cgminer would adjust my gpu accordingly. Here's my cgminer script. I'm mining litecoins on one gigabyte 7950

color 02
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://www.weloveltc.com:3333 -u x -p x -o stratum+tcp://gigahash.wemineltc.com:3334 -u x -p x -o stratum+tcp://gigahash.wemineltc.com:80 -u x -p x -o stratum+tcp://usa2.wemineltc.com:3334 -u x -p x --auto-gpu --thread-concurrency 24000 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 1145 --gpu-memclock 400 --gpu-powertune 20 -w 256 -I 19 -g 1

Any suggestions for my script would be appreciated. I basically just copy pasta'd from the "litecoin Mining hardware comparison" wiki
bmoconno

New In Town...

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:05:51 PM

auto-gpu is only used to keep the temp at/below the target-temp, I don't know of a way to dynamically have it adjust settings if your computer is being used.  You can always just open up the cgminer window and turn down the intensity on the card that you'll be watching the movie on.

gysca

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 10:16:27 PM

Is there a way to have cgminer for litecoins to use variable clock speeds that adjust like when I"m watching a movie or something on the computer that's mining? I tried adding --auto-gpu BUT it appears to not be working. I'd like to be able to watch movies and cgminer would adjust my gpu accordingly. Here's my cgminer script. I'm mining litecoins on one gigabyte 7950

color 02
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://www.weloveltc.com:3333 -u x -p x -o stratum+tcp://gigahash.wemineltc.com:3334 -u x -p x -o stratum+tcp://gigahash.wemineltc.com:80 -u x -p x -o stratum+tcp://usa2.wemineltc.com:3334 -u x -p x --auto-gpu --thread-concurrency 24000 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 1145 --gpu-memclock 400 --gpu-powertune 20 -w 256 -I 19 -g 1

Any suggestions for my script would be appreciated. I basically just copy pasta'd from the "litecoin Mining hardware comparison" wiki

if you use gigabyte hd 7950, try this setting :

timeout /t 30
cgminer --scrypt -I 20 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 25984 --gpu-engine 1065 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-vddc 1.087 --temp-target 80 --auto-fan -o *your url and port number* -u *user*.*worker name* -p *workerpass*

change the *.....* variable ( without * )

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: