Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:33:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1oz Silver Bitcoin & 1/2g Gold Bitcoin Available NOW  (Read 2233 times)
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 10:45:23 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2012, 05:41:57 PM by MyBitcoinMint

Hello Bitcoin World!

We are pleased to announce the launch of My Bitcoin Mint, The Standard for Bitcoin Precious Metals.

Our goal is to become the premier precious metals dealer for the Bitcoin community, by providing the highest quality customized 'Bitcoin' rounds. My Bitcoin Mint aims to solidify the market between the world's oldest decentralized currency, Precious Metals, and the world's newest, Bitcoin!

We had the honor of having our pre-launch at the Bitcoin Conference recently in NYC, so some of you may be familiar with us and our products. Our website, www.MyBitcoinMint.com, is not live just yet, but we are so excited to share our product with fellow Bitcoiners that we just couldn't wait!

Our first product is the Silver Bitcoin, weighing in at 1 Troy Ounce and 99.9% pure silver. In approximately 1.5 weeks we will have our second product in stock, the Gold Bitcoin, which will be a 1/2 Gram round and also has 99.9% purity.

The launch of our website will provide our customers with live spot-market pricing for all of our minted products. We are hopeful the site will be operating within a week or two. Until then, we will be happy to take orders manually. Send a PM with the number of coins you are interested in purchasing, and we will send you a quote.

Our Pricing Structure:
1 Round = Spot Price + 20%
5 Rounds = Spot Price + 18% per round
20 Rounds = Spot Price + 15% per round
100 Rounds = Spot Price + 9% per round

***shipping not included

And of course, sample images of the Silver Bitcoin  Grin

[Edit: 1/2 Gram Gold Bitcoin Now Available]

We Look Forward to Serving All Your Minting Needs!

Gabriel Sukenik
My Bitcoin Mint

My Bitcoin Mint
Sound Money...from your hard drive, to your hand!
www.MyBitcoinMint.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:27:55 PM

The price is a little steep, but not too bad since nobody else has anything similar for cheaper. Hopefully the prices will come down as you grow the business. They do look decent, so I'm tempted.

Is the 99.9% certified?

How are they individually packaged?

What forms of payment do you take?

Buy & Hold
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 07:15:06 PM

The price is a little steep, but not too bad since nobody else has anything similar for cheaper. Hopefully the prices will come down as you grow the business. They do look decent, so I'm tempted.

Is the 99.9% certified?

How are they individually packaged?

What forms of payment do you take?

The 99.9% has been certified by the mint we use, however later today I will be posting pictures/video of myself taking our Silver Bitcoins to a local coin shop to be purity-tested! We'll see if they hold up..I will post our results here.

Orders that are under 20 oz will be shipped with soft plastic coin sleeves for each individual coin (not the hard, circular cases), protective padding so the silver doesn't get dented/scratched en route, as well as a receipt for your purchase. 20oz and over will be shipped in hard plastic tubes, and plastic sleeves can be included upon request.

For now, we can only accept Bitcoin. Once our website is up and running, we may consider accepting Paypal as well, though I'm not sure how we will cope with the problem of charge-backs...we will have to experiment with it.

Eventually we would like to be able to bring down our prices, and we anticipate bringing on a Copper Bitcoin, which of course will be much cheaper than either the Gold or Silver Bitcoins. Grin

Let us know if you have any other questions, comments, or insults.  Tongue

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
mila

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 09:06:55 AM

"holy thread revival!" award nominee:

so how was the purity test? do you still sell them and would you ship to EU?
thanks and sorry for the post if you're out of business eventually.
I just bookmarked you back then and did not like your design.
things changed in a sense that I collected some other silver rounds with a bitcoin logo on it and would like to buy some of yours as well.

your ad here:
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 03:11:18 PM

"holy thread revival!" award nominee:

so how was the purity test? do you still sell them and would you ship to EU?
thanks and sorry for the post if you're out of business eventually.
I just bookmarked you back then and did not like your design.
things changed in a sense that I collected some other silver rounds with a bitcoin logo on it and would like to buy some of yours as well.

Hah, indeed they are still available! We're currently trying to work with Casascius on a project to turn these oz's into physical Bitcoins as well. If you are interested in just the round, send me a PM (though our site will be coming online very shortly).

Gabe Sukenik
My Bitcoin Mint

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 03:17:07 PM

Also, the purity test went smoothly, pictures documented here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40190.0

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 02:03:42 PM

Watching.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 02:11:20 PM

Youre playing with fire if this is located anywhere in US jurisdiction which your domain indicates is a possibility. The story of the Liberty Dollar is a long and sad tale. I guess their biggest mistake was calling it a "dollar".

I hope you avoid this outcome of course.

mila

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 02:31:26 PM

oh! I did not know about the other forum. good luck with modding the rounds to accommodate the casascius stickers. It might be necessary to get another dice probably (the side with your mint/project name) to allow for smooth sticker friendly surface and either restrike the rounds or apply on next batch. I'll look at your results gladly Smiley at the moment only the rounds would be fine. PM will follow

your ad here:
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 05:28:50 PM

Youre playing with fire if this is located anywhere in US jurisdiction which your domain indicates is a possibility. The story of the Liberty Dollar is a long and sad tale. I guess their biggest mistake was calling it a "dollar".

I hope you avoid this outcome of course.

I am familiar with the Liberty Dollar and their legal situation, in fact I worked with a group that came after the Liberty Dollar, the American Open Currency Standard. They launched a medal-barter currency which still exists today, and made sure to take the extra precautions of not using the word dollar or using the dollar symbol on their rounds. So far, so good, so I don't expect a problem anytime soon.

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: