Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:54:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Bitcoin Cash better without Roger Ver?
Yes - 4 (40%)
No - 1 (10%)
Neutral - 5 (50%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash can co-exist  (Read 324 times)
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:50:32 AM

I personally believe that there must still be one bitcoin. This is not normal when there are a lot of "other bitcoins".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dukjila

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:50:33 AM

I believe Bitcoin Cash is a good "experiment" for scaling using bigger blocks, the same as my belief as Bitcoin is a good "experiment" on how to scale with a 2nd layer offchain network.

My debates with franky1 has opened my mind to their point of view. But why is it when the topic starts to sway on "why Bitcoin Cash does not need Roger Ver" the most ardent defenders of the coin stop debating?

Roger Ver has brought nothing but hate, misinformation, manipulation and confusion. Maybe the Bitcoin Cash community should move on and be better without him.

I think that the opinion of one person has little effect on the reputation of the cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin Cash should be trusted by investors themselves, the more this trust - the more expensive the currency.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:49:40 PM

I believe Bitcoin Cash is a good "experiment" for scaling using bigger blocks, the same as my belief as Bitcoin is a good "experiment" on how to scale with a 2nd layer offchain network.

an experiment is only good if the conditions are met. lets say I want to  test the temperature at which water starts to boil and I assume it is 80 degree Celsius, if I only increase the temperature up to 40 degrees that doesn't prove my experiment ever.

the "experiment" called bitcoin cash is the same. they say nodes will have no problem with bigger blocks and it currently has 32 MB blocks but only fills around 100 kB of them! it has to continue producing 32 MB blocks for at least 6 months and increase the total blockchain size first then be considered an experiment.

as for Ver, he is not the only menace in bitcoin. there are a lot of others on both sides....

I think that might happen later since anonymous group called BitPico (who attacked Bitcoin and LN in past) will attack/strees Bitcoin Cash network. And i also found this website https://stresstestbitcoin.cash/
The result will be interesting to see.

I seriously doubt it. since most of what they did was just social media drama and nonsense rather than an actual spam attack/stress testing the network. and this is already old and they have not done anything of significance since then. I still haven't figured out what their motivations were for this shenanigan but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn they were advertising bitcoin cash in this weird way.

Only Bitcoin
Pamela Medeiross

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:18:01 PM

I also believe that Bitcoin Cash can coexist with Bitcoin. Bitcoin's evaluation over the past half decade has made it a gold equivalent rather than a currency. The notion that Wall Street is developing Bitcoin's derivatives also shows that it is on track to become the first digital product in the world. Bitcoin has a smaller block size and higher transaction costs than Bitcoin Cash, making Bitcoin Cash more suitable as a payment option. So, assuming the Bitcoin Cash increase is due in part to the need for a more flexible digital payment mechanism, I think the world has enough room for both. "
Christopher Rodriguess

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:53:00 PM

To me, Bitcoin Cash seems to be an effective separation, its existence does not threaten Bitcoin nor does it need support from Bitcoin's remaining supporters. Now Bitcoin is offering it for free small block and Bitcoin big cash block which will reduce the long-running battles when both sides realize that they will not go anywhere, like Hoskinson did with Ethereum and Ethereum Classic.
AlexSandree44

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:02:21 AM

The only thing BCH can boast about is faster and cheaper deals, which are made at a higher cost due to the larger block size. Yes, they can coexist, but the real question is ... When one of them perfectly meets the needs of the market, the point of having a competitive currency is only reduced. volume of use? This is much more difficult when these users are split between the MOF and the EB, although no one is using the EB for any trade.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: