Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:40:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else notice the amount of bitcoin news items is still high?  (Read 576 times)
notig (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:20:40 AM

It seems all over the world there are news articles appearing in each country. The price went from 13-266 earlier in the year and after all that news coverage it spiked to our current levels later. Now I think the recent news of bitcoin has reached many more people.... orders of magnitude more than before. I wonder if that will impact the price.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the_sunship

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:35:40 AM

i'm not sure many people know enough about them, and certainly people don't really get how to buy them.

Just today on an article in yahoo someone asked "how do you get one of these bitcoins?". The explanations were far from clear by the techies who answered. Some said Mining (really? at this point?). Someone directed him to faucets, and some were telling the guy to Mt. Gox.  

This is where the finance world can really cash in on this idea. Make it easy for Joe on the street to invest a little without worrying about encryption, paper wallets, 2FA, QR codes, etc.

Jesus, many people still don't really understand how to do Bcc on their emails.    

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:37:12 AM

People are taking interest because of how fast the value of bitcoin increased.

You have those who are interested in getting rich and those who feel like they missed out. Some of them in between or more from the latter write their analysis about why bitcoin is unsustainable without doing much research. Most journalists still have a hard time understanding what bitcoin is capable of

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:45:52 AM

I agree, but I feel like governments are taking a sneaky approach and trying to smear bitcoin with a bunch of negative economic articles (in the United States at least).   This seems like an attempt to prevent new potential investors from entering the market by scaring people into thinking they are going to lose all their invested money.
DigitalHermit

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Thank you! Thank you! ...

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:59:06 AM

This is where the finance world can really cash in on this idea. Make it easy for Joe on the street to invest a little without worrying about encryption, paper wallets, 2FA, QR codes, etc.

And cash in they will, and they definitely won't be encouraging people to invest in bitcoins directly...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcL-fFEeXWo

Relevant section:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcL-fFEeXWo#t=31m20s
"What that means is you shouldn't bet the farm on Bitcoin because you don't need to!"

In subsequent videos I believe they propose selling you materials that will teach you "How to Trade Bitcoin!". Who makes more profit in that scenario? ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: