Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:33:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: iCoin Pre Official Launch Discussion Thread  (Read 2736 times)
TeamICoiN (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:21:16 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 09:39:03 PM by TeamICoiN

Greetings Bitcointalk Community

We thought it would be a good idea to keep the community updated with what's going on after our Pre Launch, also discuss our reasons for the block chain and lessons learned.

One thing with iCoin we want to be transparent about what we doing and I want to share some info before the Official Launch.

What's being worked on currently:

1. Official announcement of iCoin Launch.
2. Release of iCoin website and brand new wallet, as well as iCoin faucet. NB. Current Wallet holders must update to new Client when released.
3. Hard fork iCoin to prevent difficulty goes up/down too much <-- discussed more in lessons learned.
4. Rewards for logo competition and other giveaways to be payed out before official launch.

Block Chain Specifications

Our plan was to create a block chain that offers balance, this will be discussed on the website in a bit more detail. Ultimately we wanted to protect miners and investors from iCoin becoming a complete dump coin,
far too often we see coins get released on the exchanges only to go down in value because they being used to get into BTC.

Before we hit the exchanges with iCoin we at least want some beneficial services beforehand so clients will want to keep the coin, directly spend the coin and miners selling the coin at a fair price.

lessons learned

One of the reasons for the pre launch was we didn't know if our block timings and intervals would work in a world using scrypt without ASICs (6 months away). For those that initially mined iCoin
can answer that question. NO!

Before I continue the fundamentals of the block chain are staying the same so nothing will happen to the coins you have already mined.

We started at a difficulty of 1 not expecting to get a massive response initially,however the network hash shot up to over 3GHz in under 3 hours which caused problems when the next difficulty came in
and block resolves took too long to complete once miners switched off.

At this point we released iCoins block specifications would not work initially because all we are is just a name for now.

After much consideration we have reworked the chain to prevent the above from occurring again and keeping our ideals of balance

I hope this has cleared some things up and I just want to say thank you to the community that has started with iCoin for there patience on our Official release.

Please post any questions or suggestions below that we can take into consideration before release later this week.

Lets build iCoin together Smiley
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TeamICoiN (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:17:03 AM

Wallet sync issues will be resolved shortly, we have just made some changes needed for official launch.

NB. On Official Launch day it is very important that current iCoin members update there wallet clients to the new version 1.2 that will be released.
BigRidg7

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:00:58 AM

Wallet sync issues will be resolved shortly, we have just made some changes needed for official launch.

NB. On Official Launch day it is very important that current iCoin members update there wallet clients to the new version 1.2 that will be released.

Hey guys, great thread and great coin, Looking forward to see where this goes. Quick question, I've actually never updated a wallet before, should I just download the new wallet and transfer ICOIN from my old to new? Or do I click an update link within the old wallet client itself? Thanks

Fast. Simple. Secure. Your currency under your control. www.geticoin.com
TeamICoiN (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:23:03 PM

Hey guys, great thread and great coin, Looking forward to see where this goes. Quick question, I've actually never updated a wallet before, should I just download the new wallet and transfer ICOIN from my old to new? Or do I click an update link within the old wallet client itself? Thanks

Hi Big,

Thanks for the compliments, we hope the community ends up feeling the same way about it as we do.

Regarding your question, you just need to extract the new wallet into the folder of your choice, there wont be any need to transfer funds as your wallet details is stored in a different location.

Please remember to backup your wallet and store it in a different location besides the drive you have it on, in case you have a HW failure.
BigRidg7

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:08:56 PM

Hi Big,

Thanks for the compliments, we hope the community ends up feeling the same way about it as we do.

Regarding your question, you just need to extract the new wallet into the folder of your choice, there wont be any need to transfer funds as your wallet details is stored in a different location.

Please remember to backup your wallet and store it in a different location besides the drive you have it on, in case you have a HW failure.

Nice, sounds easy enough. Appreciate the heads up - Ridg

Fast. Simple. Secure. Your currency under your control. www.geticoin.com
thefatman82

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:43:09 AM

I'm excited for this! Hopefully the release is soon. Seems necessary to strike while the iron is hot.

I actually have not downloaded the wallet yet because of the required update coming. The few coins I've been able to mine (15 iCoin @ 15-30 khash/s) are sitting in the pool. Is there any concern for leaving them in the pool?
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:45:40 AM

this logo is friggin awesome !!!!

Same here, will coins remain in actual wallet and pools Huh? That was hard earned coins.
TeamICoiN (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:06:32 PM

this logo is friggin awesome !!!!

Same here, will coins remain in actual wallet and pools Huh? That was hard earned coins.

Hey Guys,

No Coins will be lost, we are happy with the non modifiable settings in the blockchain, the pools will get the update just before release to avoid any issues.

Thanks for your patience we are just finalising the finishing touches for a smooth launch and we will be good to go.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:08:23 PM

when the new version will be launched?
TeamICoiN (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:17:06 PM

when the new version will be launched?

We have just mailed the iCoin pools to get the update, soon Smiley 
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:19:03 PM

hmm.
lightlord
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 12:03:39 AM

Selling each icoin for 0.00025 BTC each
PM me if interested in buying some

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
tins

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:11:01 AM

Selling 190 iCoins for .025 btc
ezrahfoundation

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:13:09 AM

Selling 220 iCoins, pm me
thefatman82

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

I'm excited for this! Hopefully the release is soon. Seems necessary to strike while the iron is hot.

I'm still super excited.... But the iron may be cooling....

Question. How many total iCoins will there be? I don't remember ever reading that anywhere. Or will that be launch info?
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:08:17 PM

Is it possible to get a hires logo for use on MiningPool.co?

WOPR

Activity: 223

Birb.co Bounty and Airdrop Manager

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:23:18 PM

1.2 released
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389862.0

tins

View Profile