Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:17:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking about naming my baby girl Bitcoin.. (due in 3 weeks)  (Read 10966 times)
junk1

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:28:07 PM

Thoughts? I really believe in it, I just finally over a month accumulated a little past 1 btc... any thoughts or suggestions? I DO NOT want to make money off her but with the way the world is does anyone see if its beneficial for her at all?  THANKS@

And if you ever have a son, you should name him: Mark Dollar Sterling. Just to be covered on all fronts. Or perhaps Yen Rupie Jr?
jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:13:13 PM

I was drunk, I am considering AA thanks..

Haha, guys - we're clearly being too hard on him now. 
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 02:22:09 PM

Looks like there are people who think a little differently about your idea: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404577.0.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:27:16 PM

Thoughts? I really believe in it, I just finally over a month accumulated a little past 1 btc... any thoughts or suggestions? I DO NOT want to make money off her but with the way the world is does anyone see if its beneficial for her at all?  THANKS@

Sheeeeeh !!! People can be so cheap ? For god's sake dump this ID and join with a new one to this forum. U r gonna be ridiculed/ignored by whoever has seen this post.

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 04:19:16 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2452593/Talula-Does-The-Hula-From-Hawaii-not-a-girls-name-New-Zealand-court-rules.html

"Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii' not a girl's name, New Zealand court rules
The parents of a New Zealand girl named Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii have been ordered to change her name because it risks making her the target of abuse and ridicule."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/04/heath-campbell-nazi-uniform_n_3383144.html

"The 40-year-old dad was attending a hearing to ask for visitation rights to his youngest child, 2-year-old Heinrich Hons, who was taken into state custody just hours after his birth in 2011.

Henrich's three Nazi-named siblings -- Adolf Hitler, 7, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, 6, and 5-year-old Honzlynn Jeannie -- had already been placed in foster care in 2009. The move came a month after the family gained national attention when a ShopRite refused to write "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" on a birthday cake."

http://www.neatorama.com/2008/05/19/10-strangest-names-evar/#!rIW4n

"Urhines Kendall Icy Eight Special K"

"GoldenPalaceDotCom Silverman"

"Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21229475

Who, What, Why: Why do some countries regulate baby names?

".......concerns about child welfare are present in Germany, where a Turkish couple were not allowed to call their baby Osama Bin Laden."

http://www.scarymommy.com/baby-name-donts/

"When you hear of a kid with a bizarre name, I bet the first thing you think is, “Why would a parent do that to their child?” That’s the important and oft overlooked part: the parent makes the call, but the kid lives with it. Your unusual name choice and alternate spelling are burdens your child has to bear. Maybe they’ll work it like RuPaul, maybe they’ll get shoved in a locker, who knows. Just keep that in mind when you’re deciding which fruit or color to name your kid after."

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
manobra

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:00:14 PM

Please dont do that!

My name is Orkut Stevenson.

Tks!
karbonxx

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:27:57 PM

How about Bitbaby.
Caesar V

Activity: 369

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:36:32 PM

Your baby's reaction when she hears her name -

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 05:37:13 PM

How about Bitbaby.
What about whe she grows up? She won't be a baby forever.

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 11:49:05 PM

Name her coin agnostic like cripta (criptah..) something like that.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 12:10:29 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-hYLL7Gpos

Take it seriously.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
air_bob

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 06:18:14 AM

Please, no.  But honestly, how about Satoshi for a middle name?

I like this answer Cool
andrewhaas

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:06:58 PM

Please no!!!!

I agree with Satoshi.
Got Bitcoin?

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 09:41:47 PM

I'm not sure if you are being remotely serious, but this "idea" is so void from logic and sanity I don't even know what to make of it. I will reserve making personal judgements because it's the wrong thing to do, but this is just ridiculous, I can't even take it seriously as a joke.

I genuinely hope you would never consider such a thing, even in jest. I don't care how obsessed you are over the bitcoin phenomenon or how clever you may think it is.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 10:44:05 PM

I'm not sure if you are being remotely serious, but this "idea" is so void from logic and sanity I don't even know what to make of it. I will reserve making personal judgements because it's the wrong thing to do, but this is just ridiculous, I can't even take it seriously as a joke.

I genuinely hope you would never consider such a thing, even in jest. I don't care how obsessed you are over the bitcoin phenomenon or how clever you may think it is.

You are 100% correct but for one thing:

" I will reserve making personal judgements because it's the wrong thing to do..."

No, no and no!

We make judgements everyday and making those judgements is precisely the RIGHT thing to do!

In some respects we have become so open-minded that our brains have fallen out!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:40:19 PM

OP you should change your own name to "Bitcoin".
Or if you want less thrills, start off with a bitcoin tattoo and see how you like that. A tattoo is easier is hide.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
buzybit

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 11:59:22 PM

Would you have been happy if your parents had name you 'Dollar'?

Get a grip man. Giving her bitcoins: yes, cool, go for it. Naming her 'Bitcoin': not so much.

lolz

no do not do it man!
after all bitcoin may never succeed or the next cryptocoin that your grown up girl will use will be something entirely different, with another name!
BitcoinSteve (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:59:59 PM

not one donation, even for me not too lol.. its ok everyone I AM NOT NAMING HER THAT!!!

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 02:35:42 AM

So is anyone going to name their kid Sana or what?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:38:39 AM

I just remembered some people who lived in my area in the 20's and 30's.  My area is still pretty backwater now, but even more back in those days.

These people named their kids after the cities the kid was born in, and it formed a record of their migration across the country.  A boy was named 'Baltimore' and went by 'Baldy' (even though he had a pretty good head of hair.)  A girl was named 'Los Angeles' and went by 'Lossy'.

There is no indication that the kids suffered extensive emotional damage on account of their names even though there was at least one newspaper report on the matter.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: