Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:09:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we stop now?  (Read 2812 times)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 11:52:02 PM

Chill out  Grin

Bitcoin has created alot of attention by these "internet people" by which I mean people into things like SOA, ADS, PTC Sites, SPAM and such things.
They exist, nobody likes them they do not innovate and they behave like a swarm of locusts.

But don't mind them, they are just desperate and their desperation has brought the major attention to bitcoin in the first place (gawker). Yes they are the scum of the internets but we need them. Their greedy "I want a major slice of the cake" mentality fails them on the fundamentals of the bitcoin protocol and in the mean time we are getting free publicity  Cool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
someotherguy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:12:37 AM

Chill out  Grin

Bitcoin has created alot of attention by these "internet people" by which I mean people into things like SOA, ADS, PTC Sites, SPAM and such things.
They exist, nobody likes them they do not innovate and they behave like a swarm of locusts.

But don't mind them, they are just desperate and their desperation has brought the major attention to bitcoin in the first place (gawker). Yes they are the scum of the internets but we need them. Their greedy "I want a major slice of the cake" mentality fails them on the fundamentals of the bitcoin protocol and in the mean time we are getting free publicity  Cool.

Face palm
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 12:20:14 AM

Chill out  Grin

Face palm
You are such a optimistic guy!  Kiss
someotherguy

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:32:03 AM

Chill out  Grin

Face palm

I am thank you, that's why I am here, and likely as are you.  I posted in another thread this statement but it also applies here:

If it was not for a free and open discussion about an emerging crisis, this entire thing may have played out for months, causing massive damage to Bitcoin.  Instead a rapid, focused, and determined investigation was conducted.  It resulted in very serious allegations, most of which is accompanied by solid supporting evidence.

Free speech and open lines of communication are absolutely essential in any crisis, and this is especially true for Bitcoin.
freequant (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:01:40 AM

Chill out  Grin

Face palm

I am thank you, that's why I am here, and likely as are you.  I posted in another thread this statement but it also applies here:

If it was not for a free and open discussion about an emerging crisis, this entire thing may have played out for months, causing massive damage to Bitcoin.  Instead a rapid, focused, and determined investigation was conducted.  It resulted in very serious allegations, most of which is accompanied by solid supporting evidence.

Free speech and open lines of communication are absolutely essential in any crisis, and this is especially true for Bitcoin.

The truth always surfaces at some point.
This is bound to happen, and I agree it is better to settle such affairs promptly than to make it up in denial for ages and try to conceal it until enough of it has leaked naturally.

BUT

There is a handful of people here that are just making a LOT of fuss around this case without helping it in any way. Their claims are a stretch backed by nothing except their own share of darkness. These people's behavior is mere bullying and they cast as much shame on Bitcoin as the case they are decrying.
Please post if you have something new to bring to the case. If you are here just to shout "burn the wicth!", please remember that your ip is logged and that the whole database of this forum could very well end up someday in the public domain. So be ready to be the witch at your turn. Would you have held to your attacks and claims should you have posted here under your real name?
freequant (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:19:30 AM

I am totally a government agent and not a bored college student who loves the schadenfraude of watching your hilariously dumb libertarian pet project, whose prominent members are among the worst scammers and sociopaths, falling down
Glad to hear that you are a neutral professional doing that to earn a living.
Imagine what a pathetic human being you would have been if you were indeed a bored college student with no principles, attracted to this affair by the smell of blood, and taking a sadic pleasure into bullying random people on the Internet to forget about your own miserable life.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 02:24:04 AM

Central to the libertarian ideal is censorship of anything that I don't agree with, including people questioning my decision making when it comes to where a conference is to be held and the reasons for holding it at said place.

Don't like censorship on privately owned and operated forums? Start your own. That's the beauty of it. Competing ideologies can exist.
Christian Pezza

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:25:17 AM

Chill out  Grin

amen

If you like this tread consider to donate some to https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 10:33:59 AM

I am totally a government agent and not a bored college student who loves the schadenfraude of watching your hilariously dumb libertarian pet project, whose prominent members are among the worst scammers and sociopaths, falling down
Imagine what a pathetic human being you would have been if you were indeed a bored college student with no principles, attracted to this affair by the smell of blood, and taking a sadic pleasure into bullying random people on the Internet to forget about your own miserable life.

He should try masturbation...
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 10:36:06 AM

He should try masturbation...

With that much rage, I'm guessing he tried it but failed.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: