Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:36:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BOUNTY PARTICIPANTS DON'T NEED TO PASS KYC  (Read 484 times)
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 08:50:19 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2018, 09:02:15 AM by finaleshot2016

This is a common issue today, bounty participants needed to pass KYC to receive the money.
WHAT IS KYC?  Huh

Know your customer (alternatively know your client or 'KYC') is the process of a business identifying and verifying the identity of its clients. The term is also used to refer to the bank and anti-money laundering regulations which governs these activities.

From the word itself, "Know your customers", contributors or investors should do that thing, not us.
We, the bounty hunters participated and having a discussion here in the forum anonymously. Some of here didn't put their personal information because it has many disadvantages sharing it online like theft of personal information, spamming, and threats.

This forum allows you to hide all your information or you can disallow it to your profile.

THE MAIN PROBLEM!

Some of the projects requires to do KYC to receive the token. So we must put our personal information there and requires to upload a valid ID or papers that your information is legit. The project needs your information to be credible of earning their token.

We are on disadvantage in this case, why?
This information we share can be use in fraud, "a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities."

Since we're just a bounty participants, this people might look us a workers only. For short, they can use our informations to their own desires.
The worst part is, it can be use or sell it to the black market for criminal activities  Got a successful ICO + selling informations of the promoters = WP
If you want to know more about selling informations in black market, Please click here: link

Calling for the attention of Project Makers
If you want to do some ICO, don't require promoters to do the KYC.
In some country, The law only stated for all the customers to put a specific informations not promoters.
Some coins are decentralized and shouldn't passed kyc to get those.
We are anonymous in this forum as well in the bounties.
Some people promote your projects for free 'cause they don't want to do the KYC.
And please state in the ANN thread or bounty thread that the distribution requires KYC  

Not all participants are on the same country. Some of them are from SEA, EU, and US etc,. There are long distances,
for example;

The project is made on US, some of the participants are from South East Asia. If they tried to sell our documents in the black market of the US. We can't have an action on that easily. Sometimes the worst part is, we can't have an action to solve that case. Some people are just a normal persons doing bounties and some have high education acquired, this people are in danger using their info to abuse some people.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michael shikany

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:52:43 AM

Yes, I also hate the bounty thread that requires KYC validation.
I wouldn't be involved if these bounty threads were to declare that they needed KYC validation at the beginning.

Yalovtsev

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:55:16 AM

Well, now the trend is starting in the company to implement,to complete KYC and it is not only Bautista but also investors,all goes to the fact that they want to control everything,one has much money,so everything in sight was below the government again was only their

View_style

Activity: 176
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:58:16 AM

I do not consider this a problem. It is not difficult for me to go through a bite to get my generosity. What is the problem? I do not understand)
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 09:05:44 AM

I do not consider this a problem. It is not difficult for me to go through a bite to get my generosity. What is the problem? I do not understand)
Since you're new here, you can't understand that. Well, it's not difficult to do KYC, i know that  Grin  you're taking it literally LMAO. The hard part is, it's very risky to share your information even in facebook. You can have a daily threat, it can destroy your life.

Send your information to a person who do money laundering.  Wink Wink for you to understand.
Read more informations here: link1 , link2
kenjionline

Activity: 443
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:19:12 AM

If you live in a country where cryptocurrency is banned, then if the authorities own such information, they simply can come to your home on a visit.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:20:54 AM

Since you're new here, you can't understand that. Well, it's not difficult to do KYC, i know that  Grin  you're taking it literally LMAO. The hard part is, it's very risky to share your information even in facebook. You can have a daily threat, it can destroy your life.

Send your information to a person who do money laundering.  Wink Wink for you to understand.
Read more informations here: link1 , link2

Indeed there is no way to get any of that in the legit hands but in the troubling hands only. KYC is for the investors who put their real money on the projects and make a transaction. KYC is made for the purpose of tracking the user transaction, banking ways and much more so that it can help government know where exactly the money is going. Thats why its okay to ask for KYC to the investors but it doesn't make any sense when they ask about it to the participants as they dont have any real money transaction with them.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:21:43 AM

I participated in the Fiancia bounty campaign and they wanted 0.1 ETH from me to pass the KYC Cheesy.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
zhaviabieber405

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:36:49 AM

I think it's because people are multi accounting, not a legal requirement.
BeeKeeoEr

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:42:03 AM

In some States, this requirement is mandatory, so what you are saying is nonsense. I think that if the company requires KYC means not to use your personal data, but to make sure that you exist in reality.
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 09:44:53 AM

I think it's because people are multi accounting, not a legal requirement.
That's not a problem in their project, it's a problem here in this bitcointalk and we all know that multiple accounts are not allowed.
To the project, As long as they promote the project they have no problem in multiple accounts.
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:48:06 AM

Frist, I am not the investors in the ICO, they participate in the bounties only earn the few money or the token in it, they are the worker working in this company and earn your reward, I don't know why should need provide the valid ID for claim your reward? If they participate in the fraudulent project and collect their personal ID and sell on the black market, this is another illegal passport or ID, so I will stay away this one.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 09:49:56 AM

In some States, this requirement is mandatory, so what you are saying is nonsense. I think that if the company requires KYC means not to use your personal data, but to make sure that you exist in reality.
Hi Mr. BeeKeeoEr,

Well KYC is also used in some business not only here in cryptocurrency, "to make sure that you exist in reality" TOTALLY WRONG.

How can you say this is nonsense?? Your statement is the nonsense one, Read this spammers of altcoin discussion incase you don't get it:

Indeed there is no way to get any of that in the legit hands but in the troubling hands only. KYC is for the investors who put their real money on the projects and make a transaction. KYC is made for the purpose of tracking the user transaction, banking ways and much more so that it can help government know where exactly the money is going. Thats why its okay to ask for KYC to the investors but it doesn't make any sense when they ask about it to the participants as they dont have any real money transaction with them.

KYC is made for the purpose of tracking the user transaction It is mandatory to investors and contributors only! Are you reading?
                       ^ we are not a user or a customer of a project, we are promoters. get it?

THAT'S WHY IT IS CALLED A BOUNTY!

THAT'S WHY IT IS CALLED A REWARD!

THAT'S WHY IT IS CALLED A BOUNTY REWARD! *facepalm*
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:50:18 AM

This is a common issue today, bounty participants needed to pass KYC to receive the money.
WHAT IS KYC?  Huh

Know your customer (alternatively know your client or 'KYC') is the process of a business identifying and verifying the identity of its clients. The term is also used to refer to the bank and anti-money laundering regulations which governs these activities.

From the word itself, "Know your customers", contributors or investors should do that thing, not us.
We, the bounty hunters participated and having a discussion here in the forum anonymously. Some of here didn't put their personal information because it has many disadvantages sharing it online like theft of personal information, spamming, and threats.

This forum allows you to hide all your information or you can disallow it to your profile.

THE MAIN PROBLEM!

Some of the projects requires to do KYC to receive the token. So we must put our personal information there and requires to upload a valid ID or papers that your information is legit. The project needs your information to be credible of earning their token.

We are on disadvantage in this case, why?
This information we share can be use in fraud, "a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities."

Since we're just a bounty participants, this people might look us a workers only. For short, they can use our informations to their own desires.
The worst part is, it can be use or sell it to the black market for criminal activities  Got a successful ICO + selling informations of the promoters = WP
If you want to know more about selling informations in black market, Please click here: link

Calling for the attention of Project Makers
If you want to do some ICO, don't require promoters to do the KYC.
In some country, The law only stated for all the customers to put a specific informations not promoters.
Some coins are decentralized and shouldn't passed kyc to get those.
We are anonymous in this forum as well in the bounties.
Some people promote your projects for free 'cause they don't want to do the KYC.
And please state in the ANN thread or bounty thread that the distribution requires KYC  

Not all participants are on the same country. Some of them are from SEA, EU, and US etc,. There are long distances,
for example;

The project is made on US, some of the participants are from South East Asia. If they tried to sell our documents in the black market of the US. We can't have an action on that easily. Sometimes the worst part is, we can't have an action to solve that case. Some people are just a normal persons doing bounties and some have high education acquired, this people are in danger using their info to abuse some people.

You are right, I dont see why ICO management should ask for KYC in case of Bounty.
Moreover recently i saw something outreagoues.
AITHEON is askinf for KYC for their Airdrop!!!
Not only the fact that KYC is asked for airdop but also they ARE NOT using KYC company to do so, they askfor your ID on their wepage.
HOW the HELL i can trust this shady webpage with my data.
agiskasep

Activity: 212
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:50:21 AM

agreed,they collect KYC from bounty hunter for what? some project ask KYC then they will sold your data. be careful guys
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:58:18 AM

Yup this matter has to be taken seriously. Why we should send our personal information to people like this to whom we dont even know at all.

I mean there are more than 80% ICO or bounty programs which are scam one and how we can be sure that the bounties who asking us for the KYC is really legit one? What if they misuse our details and sell it to the international criminals.

Do you even understand how critical it is to give away our passport details whose fake copies can be made! Lolz. I aint risking my details at all otherwise goodbye to bounties.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:06:00 AM

agreed,they collect KYC from bounty hunter for what? some project ask KYC then they will sold your data. be careful guys

Even good project can be hacked and all KYC data can be stolen, so KYC can be more dangerous than we think.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:06:30 AM

KYC is used as a way of increasing the hype, i don't know how effective it is but they sometimes use it that way. the ICOs are not regulated and in many countries they are not even legal to want to ask for things such as your identification. so you are in reality handing over your personal information to a bunch of random people doing something illegal on the internet!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
crypto_lisbao

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:06:55 AM

If you are interested Welltrado is offering an attractive bounty campaign.
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:09:07 AM

I agree with you. There's no point for bounty hunters to pass KYC. We are not even a customer who buy token in ICO, we are just promoting the ICO. Instead of bothering the bounty hunters to pass KYC, why don't just pay us in ETH? DAOstack is the example of ICO that pays the bounty hunters in ETH.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: