Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: do you trade/use Mtgox ?
Yes regularly, I have no withdrawing problems.
I just buy there I don't sell.
I never used Gox.
I did But I stopped when I started having problems withdrawing money.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price @ Mtgox and trading data makes me really curious  (Read 754 times)
mmitech (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:01:54 AM

I don't know what others think, but the only case when I sold bitcoins was when I needed the cash for something and after march 2013 it was no option for me to sell at gox, even though I always used bitstamp because I live in Slovenia and things go faster... but just think about it, when you sell at today's price and then wait 4-5 months just to maybe and I insist on "maybe" get that money when Bitcoin will be worth allot more by then....I mean who does that really ? and why?

I am not jumping on accusations, But I want to ask people here if they still trade at gox? how many of you here really use gox ? and why ? mtgox data might be made up the same as huboi or okcoin... who knows... it doesn't make any sense...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:36:18 AM

I used to trade at gox because it had the most volume. I stopped trading at gox because:

-the ridiculous fee structure. I always seemed to get jipped out of a lot of money on what seemed to be good trades.

- DDOS

- Shady things would happen where my order was innappropriately modified, executed, cancelled, or an order I didn't place would be created out of thin air.

- it was the market leader at the time so it was more effective to trade on other exchanges and use mtgox as a predictive tool.

- their business problems made it seem like closure might be imminent.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:54:02 AM

I voted for 'stopped trading there' - but actually i did try selling a small amount there to check if maybe the withdrawing is faster now. But no cookie - nearly 2 months waiting - and no money yet, and this is PLN after they announced that they doubled the daily limits in PLN.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: