Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:58:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] BitAuction - BitBay Development Transfer  (Read 4220 times)
justin7674 (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:30:05 PM

The old script has been trashed on the dev server. I am starting from scratch. The investors will receive their money back after release. That is about as in depth as I am going.

It isn't that I am incapable of programming a cool and fully functional site. Cassie was the one who suggested to use a turnkey script and modify it to accept bitcoin. I can provide those skype logs where I refused.

Cassie has never released a single project. Oh but lets take a look; I am a lead dev of OpenEx.

So I think everyone should take a look: My work can be proven and shown. Cassie has no work to be shown.

Ok, point taken. Thank you for the update and mature stance you have taken.

We accept that you are a skilled coder and Cassie is no businesswoman, we can accept that but in the midst of it all the fundamental concerns do not change. Most investors want their money back and you have not provided any coherent reason not to refund them.

Whereas I along with others looking in horror at this project unfolding, you saying investors will get their money back is fantastic news however it is not fair to refund after the site is launched as we are looking at approximately 3 weeks from today and even then you might turn around and not refund them citing the need to wait until net profit builds up so you can afford the refunds. I urge you to please put the investors looking for a refund out of their misery and let them have it. It will only bring praise for you and your reputation considering it has already been badly affected by the spectacle unfolding before us.

Sure, if you sincerely believe in your project and are starting a new base with a self-custom coded website then go for it. We all wish you success but holding investors money to ransom until you release your website in the hope they will like it and thus stay is not the way forward. They need to be able to choose now and be able to stay for the long run if they wish or if they have had enough and want a refund it should be given immediately.

Please consider refunding investors now rather than later and repair the damage done to your reputation. Thank you.

There is no money to be held ransom. Cass kinda fucked my wallet to shit. I will provide refunds. But not right now. Simply because there is no BTC in the wallets.
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:50:01 PM

The old script has been trashed on the dev server. I am starting from scratch. The investors will receive their money back after release. That is about as in depth as I am going.

It isn't that I am incapable of programming a cool and fully functional site. Cassie was the one who suggested to use a turnkey script and modify it to accept bitcoin. I can provide those skype logs where I refused.

Cassie has never released a single project. Oh but lets take a look; I am a lead dev of OpenEx.

So I think everyone should take a look: My work can be proven and shown. Cassie has no work to be shown.

Ok, point taken. Thank you for the update and mature stance you have taken.

We accept that you are a skilled coder and Cassie is no businesswoman, we can accept that but in the midst of it all the fundamental concerns do not change. Most investors want their money back and you have not provided any coherent reason not to refund them.

Whereas I along with others looking in horror at this project unfolding, you saying investors will get their money back is fantastic news however it is not fair to refund after the site is launched as we are looking at approximately 3 weeks from today and even then you might turn around and not refund them citing the need to wait until net profit builds up so you can afford the refunds. I urge you to please put the investors looking for a refund out of their misery and let them have it. It will only bring praise for you and your reputation considering it has already been badly affected by the spectacle unfolding before us.

Sure, if you sincerely believe in your project and are starting a new base with a self-custom coded website then go for it. We all wish you success but holding investors money to ransom until you release your website in the hope they will like it and thus stay is not the way forward. They need to be able to choose now and be able to stay for the long run if they wish or if they have had enough and want a refund it should be given immediately.

Please consider refunding investors now rather than later and repair the damage done to your reputation. Thank you.

There is no money to be held ransom. Cass kinda fucked my wallet to shit. I will provide refunds. But not right now. Simply because there is no BTC in the wallets.

None of your claims hold weight... new excuse after new excuse with no details... and you are supposed to be a coder... do you even comment your code?

How in the hell do you expect us to believe Cassie fucked your wallet over... explain that or stop lying. There is no money pft... where is that 3 BTC you were trying to give Cassie to leave quietly? Where is the other cash you already traded out? I am sure your car that you spent the funds on to repair has some value... and your so called rent... since you are a minor you have no rent, you could not have signed a lease... so I assume that is your (probably) adult girlfriend's new place that you so kindly sugar daddied a deposit and first month's rent for.

You have lost the trust of the community, and it does not matter if you are the lead dev for OpenEx... they obviously did not allow this mistake with you and it has been said you should never have gotten as involved with ButBay as you have since your primary project was OpenEx.

You need to do not only what is right, but what is going to allow you to keep working in this community and not end up with a criminal complaint being filed against you.

EDIT: Also this crap about Cassie has my money is bullshit... YOU have my money, YOU forced me into your project and YOU are now responsible for returning those funds or sending them to Cassie. You can't just ASSUME that investors are YOURS and then tell us to go get our money from someone else... you have a problem now and it needs to be remedied before it gets to involving third parties.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
CheekyChappy

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:53:02 PM

People...

What would you say is the best way out for everyone who invested? Please try to reach a general consensus and then take things forward by negotiating with Justin.

I am sure he is a reasonable young man who takes pride in his work and reputation both here and at OpenEx. I hope he will refund all investors who want their money back.

Thanks

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
Jude Austin
Legendary

Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 06:50:12 PM

Justin, it is my understanding that you will be using the name BitAuctions?

You will no longer be using the name BitBay?

Do you relinquish the BitBay project?

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
CheekyChappy

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:20:23 PM

Justin, it is my understanding that you will be using the name BitAuctions?

You will no longer be using the name BitBay?

Do you relinquish the BitBay project?

Regardless of the name change, he should refund all investors who want a refund.

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:51:29 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 08:16:02 PM by daemonfox

EDIT: amended since Justin has communicated more since the post.

Email sent shortly.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
justin7674 (OP)

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:02:28 PM

I will provide refunds. But not right now. Simply because there is no BTC in the wallets.

--Quote from earlier. So yes I have said I will provide refunds.
CheekyChappy

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:23:56 PM

If Justin has made a decision to pay back all the BTC with interest then to be honest it means he is behaving mature enough to tackle this so maybe it is wise not to inflame a situation that is on the verge of resolving itself. Looking at this situation from an outside perspective, I think it would suffice for Justin to give back the BTC to all investors who want it and forget paying any interest as it would register more complaints than resolve them.

According to Justin, investors wanting a refund can obtain one by sending an email here: refunds@script-it.net

@Justin
Thank you for the stance you have taken but please let the investors know exactly when you will refund them because you saying 'a few weeks' does not clarify anything nor alleviate their concerns.

@Daemon
In fairness to Justin, he did post that investors would get their money back after the site goes live but he did not elaborate further. I suppose that is why it was taken with a pinch of salt. If I were you, only for the sake of peace, I would just try to get the investment back and not delve too deep in to anything else. I would not say anything to make things worse nor would I rise to any bait.

wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:17:39 PM

Justin is skilled, dedicated and legit.

All you need is some patience. I see some good value coming out of this soon. Justin, don't let them down!
Marty19

Activity: 725

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 07:48:23 AM

All you need is some patience. I see some good value coming out of this soon. Justin, don't let them down!

I will prevail with OpenEx. This project now poses too much of a risk to run.

When can I expect my 0.125BTC to be returned then? 1FxkazMzKHvKBWnGJMNp4CUMR7DvH7V8nT

CheekyChappy

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:13:15 PM

I will prevail with OpenEx. This project now poses too much of a risk to run.

I hope all the investors will be given their investments back immediately rather than having to be told to go to Cassie because of stories or allegations that she has their BTC when all along mostly everyone believes you took the investments because she trusted you a little too much.

I also hope investors will not be told to wait 'a few weeks because I do not have any BTC at the moment' in the same manner you mentioned it before because no-one knows what defines 'a few weeks' and it is not fair to hold on to investments for a genuinely undefined period of time.

Sadly, your reputation in these forums is probably irrevocably damaged.
The sooner you put all investors out of their misery without further ado the better chances you have of damage limitation to your reputation.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:26:28 PM

I'm a bit curious myself since justin lists me as being an investor on his operation, but I never sent him money--unless he controlled the addresses cassie gave me.

Yes, definitely looking forward to hearing all of the investors say they've received 100%+ of their money back, that's the right thing to do considering charges could be brought, and wouldn't be shielded by an LLC.

Justin Gillett
3310 Spencer Rd
Duncan, OK, 73533
1-918-327-4313

Hope I got that right, just going on what's public.

CheekyChappy

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:26:42 PM

Justin, as a matter of urgency, could you please individually list the names of the investors and their investment as you interpret them.

This would allow the respective investors to confirm you have their investment listed correctly and pave the way for a mutually agreed date for their reimbursement.

Thank you.

milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 10:59:37 PM

Justin is going rogue it seems. Id like my refund now.
1HrJfkZNARscYAifnXztL9cg9zDpFy8nDZ
0.1btc

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:00:39 PM

As an investor, I am pretty disappointed in this.

I guess I should of just asked this before but where exactly are you going to be able to buy/sell these shares? (IPO investment site, havelockinvestments, cryptostocks.com etc???)

That way there is liquidity and also for those people who aren't happy with what just transpired can buy/sell the shares at their discretion.

Lets see how things unfold in this situation. We are adults and we all share a common goal, crypto's success and adoption, let's not lose site of that.

Justin has stated that hes never going to open the site.

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
CheekyChappy

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:05:30 AM

Personally speaking, when I saw the fact that Justin started a thread and had negative things to say about Cassie I concluded there was more this than met the eye. When Cassie posted the Skype chat transcript it became clear she was by far being more honest than he was. I never knew either of them but could tell that Justin was not playing ball.

Having said all that, there is an issue at the heart of this debacle and that is more prominent than others, namely the issue of the investors BTC.

Does anyone know exactly how much BTC Justin took with him when he departed Cassie's project? There needs to be clarity on exactly what amount of BTC he took without consent and how much was left with Cassie. Then there needs to be clarity as to which investors BTC remained with Cassie and which investors BTC were taken by Justin.

The chances are Cassie will honour the investments she holds but Justin has probably spent his holdings of your BTC on his personal leisure and living costs so it could be problematic getting him to return what many deem as stolen funds.

I hope someone might be able to get a full list of all investors of the original project and then ask Cassie which investors funds she claims to hold and which investors fund she claims Justin had taken when he departed the project. Then those need to be cross referenced with Justin.

This whole project got ruined when Justin departed. The project was always going to survive if a coder left but where it all went wrong was when he took the funds without asking Cassie. That episode of Justin taking BTC without consent has cast a dark shadow over this project and it is unfair.

He made allegations about Cassie emptying his wallet and tried to sell more shares in his solo project without telling people the truth about his plans too so it means Justin cannot be trusted with your BTC. Before investors lose everything they put in to this project please find out which funds Justin claims to hold and which funds Cassie claims to hold, then go forward from there.

MCXnever

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:10:41 AM

LOL now this is funny Openex the exchange with the welcome mat on the backdoor? OpenEx is just a rebranded version of icescrypt (another exchange that was robbed of all its coin) that he sold off don't think he ever paid off the customers there either.

You sir are a scammer plain and simple.
Marty19

Activity: 725

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 10:07:58 AM

LOL now this is funny Openex the exchange with the welcome mat on the backdoor? OpenEx is just a rebranded version of icescrypt (another exchange that was robbed of all its coin) that he sold off don't think he ever paid off the customers there either.

You sir are a scammer plain and simple.

I believe Justin has also been thrown off the OpenEx dev team .....

CheekyChappy

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:17:46 AM

I believe Justin has also been thrown off the OpenEx dev team .....

That seems to seal the deal then. Sadly it seems Justin has no reputation left to salvage now so where does that leave all the investors with any chance of getting their money back?

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:50:50 PM

Does anyone know exactly how much BTC Justin took with him when he departed Cassie's project? There needs to be clarity on exactly what amount of BTC he took without consent and how much was left with Cassie. Then there needs to be clarity as to which investors BTC remained with Cassie and which investors BTC were taken by Justin.

The value of the property stolen basically means he's looking at felonies, class1 or 2 depending. Money laundering and grand theft easily, among others. The fact is he took it without permission of the owners, he did so acting as majority shareholder when he wasn't, he failed to include the share's owners in on the information prior, etc. The crimes have been committed and charges can be brought by anyone at this time. The situation is well documented, and  more of his personal and family details are available to make this happen.

It's in his best interest legally to return all shares immediately, not weeks from now. An LLC will not spare him or his family from the brunt of the legal fallout, especially an uninsured LLC like his. Honestly it makes it worst, it goes from a he-said-she-said to making him culpable by default.

Justin, fair warning buddy. Immediate means immediate, those returns need to start flowing today. You're in hot water and I don't think you grasp the severity of the situation.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: