Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:41:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I confess I'm a market-worshipping capitalist pig.  (Read 906 times)
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 08:32:37 AM

Bitcoin is the most free market in the world. Pretty much everybody who hates bitcoin really hates the free market. The market don't care. The market don't give a shit. and that's why I love it so much. It's the most democratic institution in existence. You vote not just your preference, but the intensity of your preference. traders like me serve the market like acolytes of some primitive god. If I serve the market well and provide liquidity when it's needed and soak up excess liquidity when it's not needed, then I am rewarded with profit. If I do my job poorly, I lose money. Who pays me to perform this service? The market. Who punishes me when I fail? the market. Who is the market? You. me. everybody. I serve humanity by serving the market. Every single trade makes both traders better off. if it didn't, there would be no trade. it's win-win. I absolutely love it. I am truly blessed to live at this moment in history.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:49:07 AM

The stuff about the market; all true. Smiley
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 10:25:51 AM

From what I've seen many people who claim to like the market only do so until it cuts into their profit Tongue which is why you see so many altcoin whiners around these days, yeah, the free market rocks, especially since we have currency competition now.
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 10:59:46 AM

From what I've seen many people who claim to like the market only do so until it cuts into their profit Tongue which is why you see so many altcoin whiners around these days, yeah, the free market rocks, especially since we have currency competition now.

The market giveth and the market taketh away. Bitcoin don't care. Bitcoin don't give a fuck. if you make it, you earned it. if you lose it, you have no banksters, market manipulators or boogeymen to blame but yourself. I lost an assload of coin diversifying in 2011, but I could have lost it all if I didn't. I lost fortunes by not taking profits and by taking too much profit at the wrong time. but that one small fortune i didn't lose is mine and I earned it. nobody gave it to me. I didn't steal it. I respect the men who made more but I don't envy them. I respect those who made less but I don't pity them. This is as real as it gets. no points for effort or good intentions. perform or perish. This is living.

insert coin here:

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:10:49 PM

The market giveth and the market taketh away. Bitcoin don't care. Bitcoin don't give a fuck. if you make it, you earned it. if you lose it, you have no banksters, market manipulators or boogeymen to blame but yourself. I lost an assload of coin diversifying in 2011, but I could have lost it all if I didn't. I lost fortunes by not taking profits and by taking too much profit at the wrong time. but that one small fortune i didn't lose is mine and I earned it. nobody gave it to me. I didn't steal it. I respect the men who made more but I don't envy them. I respect those who made less but I don't pity them. This is as real as it gets. no points for effort or good intentions. perform or perish. This is living.

how did u lose coins by "diversifying" in 2011? what coins did u diversify into? There were only like 3 or 4 coins and all gained massive value anyway.

dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:00:17 PM

I agree with you. The ability just to trade amongst the various currencies is quite enjoyable, at least for me. Like the wild west of stock trading.
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:22:14 PM

how did u lose coins by "diversifying" in 2011? what coins did u diversify into? There were only like 3 or 4 coins and all gained massive value anyway.

I diversified by trading on different exchanges. bitoption.org, trade Hill, and bitmarket.eu all disappeared.

insert coin here:

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:54:35 PM

Bitcoin is the most free market in the world. Pretty much everybody who hates bitcoin really hates the free market. The market don't care. The market don't give a shit. and that's why I love it so much. It's the most democratic institution in existence. You vote not just your preference, but the intensity of your preference. traders like me serve the market like acolytes of some primitive god. If I serve the market well and provide liquidity when it's needed and soak up excess liquidity when it's not needed, then I am rewarded with profit. If I do my job poorly, I lose money. Who pays me to perform this service? The market. Who punishes me when I fail? the market. Who is the market? You. me. everybody. I serve humanity by serving the market. Every single trade makes both traders better off. if it didn't, there would be no trade. it's win-win. I absolutely love it. I am truly blessed to live at this moment in history.

I can shred bots for breakfeast  Cheesy

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:09:38 PM

Good quote sir.  Free market and free will.  Bitcoin will become what -we-, yes, you, me, and yes, even you reading this post, make it.  If we, as a collectively pool, think its a good thing, it will rise in value as more people covet it.  If we don't like it, it's too much of a hassle, something better comes along, we will simply lower the value.  But Bitcoin will always remain Bitcoin.  Like gold will remain gold.  Gold is almost worthless.  You can't wear it.  You can't eat it.  A lot of other metals WAY more useful.  Gold derives its value from free markets, just like Bitcoin.  Long live Bitcoin...
jballs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 05:53:15 AM

Amen brother!

Sorry to make a whole post out of that but it's really all I have to say about it.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: