Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New official open source term for explorimenting or prodspecting code bases?  (Read 441 times)
AnonyMint (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:21:18 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 10:08:03 AM by AnonyMint

Remember Eric S Raymond is the person who coined the term "open source", Linus' Law "given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow", founded the OSI, wrote the seminal The Cathedral and the Bazaar, so his choice carries substantial influence.

I attempted to post the following comment but it will never appear because Eric banned me 3 times. If you like my suggestion for 'prodspect', please feel free to (even anonymously) post my (or any portion of my) comment at the following linked blog page so they will see it, since they are trying to choose a name we will all use for this open source function. Or post your own ideas and feedback there. Note I could find a way to post my comment there anonymously using a VPN and/or Tor, but I find it more rewarding if someone else finds my idea (or rewards my contribution to this forum with some appreciation) worth posting there on my behalf.

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=5178&cpage=1#comment-421250

I like exploriment.

I have used delve naturally, "I will need to first delve into the code". However, I prefer to retain delve to mean when I am not necessarily implicating [experimental] modification.

My best alternative idea thus far is prodspect.

Other brainstorming:
edispect
editspect
experispect
modilyze
modelyze
twgeek
twerk

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: