Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:09:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PesetaCoin][PTC] New Wallet 0.8.8 [MANDATORY UPDATE]  (Read 171129 times)
monneda

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:54:59 AM

Good weekend for PTC. One of the top newspapers in Spain talking about the PesetaCoin. Millions of Spaniards reading about it in the paper edition. Oh Yeah!!!

http://www.abc.es/tecnologia/informatica-software/20140223/abci-peseta-coin-moneda-encriptada-201402212118.html

PesetaCoin to the Moon!!!!
albertocp

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:51:21 PM

Good weekend for PTC. One of the top newspapers in Spain talking about the PesetaCoin. Millions of Spaniards reading about it in the paper edition. Oh Yeah!!!

http://www.abc.es/tecnologia/informatica-software/20140223/abci-peseta-coin-moneda-encriptada-201402212118.html

Yes!!! Good News!!!
txiki73

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:44:21 PM

Yes!!! Good News!!!

awesome!
tonykay

Activity: 111

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 06:27:04 PM

Yes!!! Good News!!!

awesome!

Really?  The fact that a single pool f2pool.com  has such a high share should be prompted miners to voice their concerns to the dev team media and the mining community  to take notice.

If a single entity ends up controlling more than 50% of the network’s computing power, it could – theoretically – wreak havoc on the whole network. And bring the peseta coin to trash.

A so-called “51% attack” could, in theory, allow the attacker to reverse transactions, make double-spend transactions, prevent confirmations or even prevent other miners from mining valid blocks. It would corrupt the blockchain and render the whole system unsafe. However, this it is all speculative – as it has never been done before.

In theory, the potential attack would work if the attacker managed to gain control of more than 50% of the network’s computing power. However, even with 40%, an attacker would stand a good chance of overcoming 6-deep confirmed transactions.

If such an attack was to be carried out, the damage would be irreparable.

tonykay

Activity: 111

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 06:29:43 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 06:51:30 PM by tonykay

Yes!!! Good News!!!

awesome!

Are you getting any pesetas from mining ?

markONE

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:01:04 PM

The fact that network hash rate has increased to 15-17 GH/s is good. The fact that more than 90% of the hash rate is coming from the same pool is bad. What's even worse is that is coming from a merged mining pool and we don't even know if those miners have a real interest in mining pesetas (for what they care (if they care) is an additional profit on top of their litecoin mining and they can dump it for whatever the price is).

Let's hope that another big pool will come along and the hash rate will be split more evenly.
yhaguh1

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:12:51 AM

The fact that network hash rate has increased to 15-17 GH/s is good. The fact that more than 90% of the hash rate is coming from the same pool is bad. What's even worse is that is coming from a merged mining pool and we don't even know if those miners have a real interest in mining pesetas (for what they care (if they care) is an additional profit on top of their litecoin mining and they can dump it for whatever the price is).

Let's hope that another big pool will come along and the hash rate will be split more evenly.

well another point is that with this large amount of miners not every miner will get thousands of PCT's. Even with 10 mhs you'll get perhaps 200 ptc per day around this diff? Ofcourse there will be dumped some, but that does also generate volume on the exchanges. And since those miners dont care about the price we have all the posibilities to pick up cheap PTC.
Besides, You must know that the wealth distribution is better with PTC than other coins. Which effectivly means that we are quite resilient to pump & dump scemes. Right now there is not even enough volume (SELL/BUY) to could massively pump PTC. If it does happen though, i expect that PTC will also retain more value in the end, so thats not an bad thing.

Speaking in terms of wealth distribution this isnt particular bad move, its cheaper to buy them than to mine them. De high difficulty leads to scarity, and scarity leads to a higher price people are willing to pay.
But still i have to agree on you that bumping the hashrate to 17GHS isnt that great. But dont see it as an multipool, the hashrate is stable and does actually support the network. The network is healthy to be honest.

So we are growing towards the point that there will be a large scarity on PTC. And the price should follow. If thats not the case than maybe its an good idea to look at other solutions, perhaps than PTC is not ready yet for merged mining, and we need to continue the network grow more naturally before getting added insane hashrates.

Ive seen nothing more than a rising price last days. So i think that the price will go some major upward corrections.

PS: Block explorers are both down Sad

In the meantime we can do alot to stimulate the growht of PTC. Try going on reddit and open a discussion there, ALOT of people interested in cryptocurrency on Reddit so there is a huge potential for a bigger community
CryptoMP (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:39:06 AM

well another point is that with this large amount of miners not every miner will get thousands of PCT's. Even with 10 mhs you'll get perhaps 200 ptc per day around this diff? Ofcourse there will be dumped some, but that does also generate volume on the exchanges. And since those miners dont care about the price we have all the posibilities to pick up cheap PTC.
Besides, You must know that the wealth distribution is better with PTC than other coins. Which effectivly means that we are quite resilient to pump & dump scemes. Right now there is not even enough volume (SELL/BUY) to could massively pump PTC. If it does happen though, i expect that PTC will also retain more value in the end, so thats not an bad thing.

Speaking in terms of wealth distribution this isnt particular bad move, its cheaper to buy them than to mine them. De high difficulty leads to scarity, and scarity leads to a higher price people are willing to pay.
But still i have to agree on you that bumping the hashrate to 17GHS isnt that great. But dont see it as an multipool, the hashrate is stable and does actually support the network. The network is healthy to be honest.

So we are growing towards the point that there will be a large scarity on PTC. And the price should follow. If thats not the case than maybe its an good idea to look at other solutions, perhaps than PTC is not ready yet for merged mining, and we need to continue the network grow more naturally before getting added insane hashrates.

Ive seen nothing more than a rising price last days. So i think that the price will go some major upward corrections.

In the meantime we can do alot to stimulate the growht of PTC. Try going on reddit and open a discussion there, ALOT of people interested in cryptocurrency on Reddit so there is a huge potential for a bigger community

Thanks a lot for your analysis!!, we in fact need that more big pools in the planet adopt the merged mining schema to have again a decentralized PTC.

PD: The blockexplorers are up again, sorry for the inconvenience there are in beta stage
yhaguh1

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:38:21 AM

Thanks a lot for your analysis!!, we in fact need that more big pools in the planet adopt the merged mining schema to have again a decentralized PTC.

PD: The blockexplorers are up again, sorry for the inconvenience there are in beta stage

Good work, hopefully we will be back on coinmarketcap Soon. Next to that i think the time has come for us to expand our horizon. I think its time we get cryptorush to open the PTC / Doge market, to stimulate more volume in the PTC market.
Next to that i think It will be our number 1 priority is to get PTC onto a more accesable and widely known platform, Coinex.

With the ever rising prices and the growing demand, we will either must vote or perhaps put in an bounty for the exchange. Now is the time to move!

P.S about the Pool, try to contact Adam from notnull Pools. In my opinion he has the best Pools. Ive already recommended pesetacoin but havent got an answer on my ticket. Perhaps If some more of us do the same.
Anyway with the current difficulty i dont think there will be alot New miners Wink
CryptoMP (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:34:59 PM

http://www.pesetacoin.info now available in Russian and French!!

http://www.binaryfund.com
will add PTC in 5 days and Pound/PTC pair will be available.

Thanks to all for your support!
monneda

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:59:28 PM

PTC almost 0.2 Mbtc It was 0.002 Mbtc one week ago.

Difficulty almost 300

PTC To the Moon!!!
btcpoland

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:19:04 PM

10,000 satoshi soon! Smiley
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:38:41 AM

very nice coin!

yolo
txiki73

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:54:04 AM

invest in PTC, much profit soon!
CryptoMP (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:27:42 AM

very nice coin!

Thanks forzendiablo we are trying to do the best and have a nice community!! (mostly in spain but growing!!)
CryptoMP (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:29:47 PM

Allcrypt.com opens the 28th

We need almost 2000 Votes more to be added, you can vote ten times every 24 Hours!!

http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
quidfecitibi

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:11:22 PM

Allcrypt.com opens the 28th

We need almost 2000 Votes more to be added, you can vote ten times every 24 Hours!!

http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php

We can do it!!
ratty

Activity: 261

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:54:10 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 12:14:21 AM by ratty

I just got the wallet for the first time (compiled from source yesterday), and it has 0 connections. I added the 2 addnode's from the first post and it won't connect. I let it go overnight, and still nothing.
Anyone have any working addnode lines I can add to get synced up?

Nevermind, figured it out, I was using the wrong github repo, I needed to use pesetacoin-0.8.6.3, not pesetacoin.
CryptoMP (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:04:49 AM

I just got the wallet for the first time (compiled from source yesterday), and it has 0 connections. I added the 2 addnode's from the first post and it won't connect. I let it go overnight, and still nothing.
Anyone have any working addnode lines I can add to get synced up?

Nevermind, figured it out, I was using the wrong github repo, I needed to use pesetacoin-0.8.6.3, not pesetacoin.

Sorry for that confussion, we decided to hold old repos, welcome to the PesetaCoin project!!
CryptoMP (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:34:02 AM

Spanish National Press interviews Rampa & CryptoMP:

Spanish:
http://www.elmundo.es/tecnologia/2014/03/01/53104d4522601d810b8b456d.html
English (Google Translate)
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&ie=UTF-8&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elmundo.es%2Ftecnologia%2F2014%2F03%2F01%2F53104d4522601d810b8b456d.html

Go go! PesetaCoin!! Wink

PD: 3.5BTC of 24 Hours Volumen in CryptoRush.in actual price 2350 Satoshis.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: