Bitcoin Forum
August 09, 2024, 02:36:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! - USB Miners driving me insane  (Read 587 times)
MrMagoo (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:54:43 PM

Hey everybody,

Stumbled upon this forum after googling for help getting my USB miners up and running.

I currently have 9 x USB Block erupters (although I think I've broken one? Cry! ) & 1 x usb antminer

I can get the Block erupters running using Bitminter fairly easily although it seems I can't use Bitminter for the antminer..

I tried unplugging my block erupters and following the antminer userguide, I eventually got it to work by it's self using CGMiner..
although when I plug in the block erupters, I start getting errors on CGMiner about goldenonce etc.?

I've tried running CGMiner with Bitcoin-qt open and various things..

I am aiming to have all the miners running at once obviously and directed towards the same pool but when I think I get close, I get back to square one.. 

HEEEEEEELP! Cry
kosuke85

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:58:52 PM

The regular cgminer client cannot run ant miners yet. You have to use a special build located here:

https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/tree/master/cgminer

I believe there's work going on behind the scenes to get proper support in the main version but as far as I know, its not ready.
MrMagoo (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:03:31 PM

Thank you for your speedy response! - so frustrating having mining ability and, not to be! lol
& yeah, I came across that download myself - I am currently using that to run the antminer..

- but as soon as I plug in any of the 335 Mh/s erupters, I start receiving errors in CG

& My computer doesn't seem to like me running the Bitminter tool & CG, simultaneously Sad
MrMagoo (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:34:52 PM

I currently have them all working at once - it seems to be getting the order right of inserting usb's, installing drivers, and starting programs! Tongue
- scared to ever close a program -
andreydariy

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:06:01 PM

you must unlock
oxfardk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:03:32 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 11:28:19 PM by oxfardk

Hey MrMagoo,
your hardware mining need some good advice by using the "mining" section.
Welcome

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: