Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:46:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Dogie purposefully created to destroy alts?  (Read 537 times)
Pitstop (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:35:14 PM

Do we need the Exchanges & Marketcap sites take a stronger stand against what’s about to hit us? Hundreds of new copy coins every month, one on top of another with stupid names and big giveaways to get users hooked. Don’t get me wrong, some of the new coins launched in the last few weeks I really like and some of them will do well I hope.

Should new coins need to have a working wallet, branding, forum community of lets say at least X number of members and anything else you can think of to separate the existing coins from the onslaught that’s now about to hit us? Every coin that now exists is under threat.

Pre-mining at one time not so long ago was a dirty word and coins that did it were discounted but now since doggie, as long as there are lots of free coins being given away, hay it’s no problem anymore!! And I for one like getting free coins in giveaways as it makes distribution more fair I believe. But in a few weeks or months when every thread on the first 5 pages of BCT is a giveaway, people are going to lose interest or will they?

So what is needed to stem this coming explosion where exchanges and marketcap sites will soon need to have 5000 pages with 500 coins listed on each page, which of course will discredit all existing coins and we have not even gone main stream yet.

Suggestions?

sitefive

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:38:13 PM

there are Not 100coins per day, there are maybe 3-4 new per day yet only 1:10 looks decent, the rest is 100% shit where I dont even waste my hashpower nor should you!
Learn to cherry-pick and it wont be so bad.

Pitstop (OP)

Activity: 238

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:43:18 PM

Well I actually said: "Hundreds of new copy coins every month" but there is a site with a list of new proposed coins on the way and the number is in the 100's but I can't find the link. I agree with you 100% you need to cherry pick to find quality.

usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:44:33 PM

Free market. We have yet to see what will happen here. Just don't invest too much in any coin and play with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: