Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:06:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [eToken] Rare | Website 11 languages | New version -> mandatory update  (Read 108279 times)
simplemind

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:37:58 PM

Hmmm... still no progress here.

Just talking and talking. I personally don't think original dev will come back. Anyone should take a heart and just fork it - on which way whatsoever.

You have to read just a little futher back then. We asked a dev to do it. I am waiting when he is ready.

You're right, there is some progress, but no results.

True. But hey what can you expect. Some want to wait till monday, others till next friday and some want it yesterday.

Solidchange and i did a lot of informing. Someone else put up a vote. So at least we had a base for a decision. We wanted to fork yesterday ;-) but well we do it all together. So we waited for the vote till it ended. That was 5 hours or so ago.

Now its time for the dev. Its almost weekend so lets hope he can get some work done.

How long is the dev away now? 5 days? Or was it 6?

The coin is loosing reputation. The longer it takes to fork the harder it will be to regain trust.

Yeh well true. But this is a unprecedented situation. Some coins had no dev after birth or some leaved. We had a very active dev, with a big bank/pre mine and owner of website(s) after a bad fork he seems to have left.

You can not take over from day 1. But on the otherhand there is not much trust left. No team at all behind e-token.  Only 1 dev who seems to be online but is not fixing or communicating anymore.

Next week we will have a coin again. It must happen Cheesy

edit only 4 days. He was making the fork on monday.

Oh... yes, good you mentioned that, there was the "bank". How can a fork prevent the original dev from dumping his "bank"? Seems there needs to be a totally new chain starting from block 1, correct? Or is there any other solution?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mjollnir

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:41:52 PM

Just talking and talking. I personally don't think original dev will come back. Anyone should take a heart and just fork it - on which way whatsoever.

You have to read just a little futher back then. We asked a dev to do it. I am waiting when he is ready.

True. But hey what can you expect. Some want to wait till monday, others till next friday and some want it yesterday.

Solidchange and i did a lot of informing. Someone else put up a vote. So at least we had a base for a decision. We wanted to fork yesterday ;-) but well we do it all together. So we waited for the vote till it ended. That was 5 hours or so ago.

Now its time for the dev. Its almost weekend so lets hope he can get some work done.

The coin is loosing reputation. The longer it takes to fork the harder it will be to regain trust.

Yeh well true. But this is a unprecedented situation. Some coins had no dev after birth or some leaved. We had a very active dev, with a big bank/pre mine and owner of website(s) after a bad fork he seems to have left.

You can not take over from day 1. But on the otherhand there is not much trust left. No team at all behind e-token.  Only 1 dev who seems to be online but is not fixing or communicating anymore.

Oh... yes, good you mentioned that, there was the "bank". How can a fork prevent the original dev from dumping his "bank"? Seems there needs to be a totally new chain starting from block 1, correct? Or is there any other solution?

We tought of that. The idea is to fork out 100.000 coins that seems not to have been used for payments to other people. Then 38.000 coins from block 1 would remain. But we know a lot of it was spend to early miners(after pool crash) and bounties/give aways. I could track my give aways coins back to this 38k.

So the original dev would for sure have much more coins than i do. But not so much he can crash the coin complete (in case he has bad intensions. I still find it hard too believe).

My website. Collection of cuttings of crypto news world wide. With links to full article. http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/
And on steemit.com now Smiley
simplemind

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:50:12 PM

We tought of that. The idea is to fork out 100.000 coins that seems not to have been used for payments to other people. Then 38.000 coins from block 1 would remain. But we know a lot of it was spend to early miners(after pool crash) and bounties/give aways. I could track my give aways coins back to this 38k.

So the original dev would for sure have much more coins than i do. But not so much he can crash the coin complete (in case he has bad intensions. I still find it hard too believe).

So you're really considering donating 38k coins to our beloved Mogui, who drove us into this disaster? In my humbly opinion he does not deserve any single coin.
thekekk

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:53:19 PM

you mean pay 3k coins on coinedup for those who bought coins for 0.00005 per coin? and they knew there was something wrong?

BTC: 1AqwCAprjKRniThdxvCDx1TMPUYsqd8ig7
EAC: eYqPmqv3AiB12Z5b2MMpNm1vXtVPnp5PPX
e-token: e4ViTyRpJF9whLiKtLaAranijfeoTrww4u
Mjollnir

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:57:32 PM

you mean pay 3k coins on coinedup for those who bought coins for 0.00005 per coin? and they knew there was something wrong?

We have to see how that evolves. But change is also some honest transaction where made right after the fork. We wont make a big bank. Max 8000 coins. From that we can pay some debts. And do promotion work.

Adresses of the bank will be public. And bank will be split. So not 1 person has it all.

Besides that we need to do our job as a community. Donations etc. But always better then me, solidchange, dev or someone else sitting on 10.000, 20.000, 30.000, ......... coins Tongue I dont like that.

My website. Collection of cuttings of crypto news world wide. With links to full article. http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/
rznag

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:01:31 PM

I wouldn`t pay for the coinedup trades too. In my eyes it was there own fault. If i trade something i inform myself before i do so.
Therefore it`s their own risk. And if someone traded intentionally he knew the risk that this trades could be worthless.
So they shouldn`t be rewarded for that.
And if coinedup decides not to respond i don`t think they should get coins either. They must be willing to give us the numbers from their database if they want to get a compensation.

We should write them another email, perhaps mine went into their spam folder. But we can`t wait weeks for them to respond.

https://coinstorm.net - the Internet of Coins fundraiser starts March 21st, 2017. Join the storm!
Monerodice https://monerodice.net
Mjollnir

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:02:54 PM

I wouldn`t pay for the coinedup trades too. In my eyes it was there own fault. If i trade something i inform myself before i do so.
Therefore it`s their own risk. And if someone traded intentionally he knew the risk that this trades could be worthless.
And if coinedup decides not to respond i don`t think they should get coins either. They must be willing to give us the numbers from their database if they want to get a compensation.

Well :-) its not like we are going to pay everyone. But maybe coinedup want some making up to do. You dont know  Smiley
Better use the coins to get website, wallets etc  Smiley

Mjollnir

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:04:26 PM

Need to go. Will be back later. I keep you all informed  Grin

rznag

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:04:33 PM

Well :-) its not like we are going to pay everyone. But maybe coinedup want some making up to do. You dont know  Smiley

We should write them another email, perhaps mine went into their spam folder. But we can`t wait weeks for them to respond.
If they don`t respond we have to act without them.

https://coinstorm.net - the Internet of Coins fundraiser starts March 21st, 2017. Join the storm!
Mjollnir

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:05:41 PM

If they don`t respond we have to act without them.

Well first i hope we can get a working coin :-) Lets wait for that news first  Grin

simplemind

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:07:36 PM

Okay, I've read a few posts back now and it seems you're willing to give to original dev 38k coins, right? For what if I may ask?
Last1212

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:11:34 PM

Okay, I've read a few posts back now and it seems you're willing to give to original dev 38k coins, right? For what if I may ask?

How you can prevent it?

Btw, I still believe in dev Smiley

Some donate will be good))))))
LTC: LLEhzonntRjo4pLqaw93ZQzw8Qdx3HQ2k7        DOGE: DCty26Yk5kbG2NfoknoyY3UajPzsmbhXP9
WDC: WYJW8RYrc3C8K7duaAWqs8YayMLLNEkWBC        CAT: 9nJcehD9dkcsrrVmJxnLJRFc61158nTvvP
Mjollnir

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:11:51 PM

No i dont. This 38k was used to pay miners in the first pool (owned by the dev). The pool crashed. So we got no coins from it. So he paid us (the miners) with those 38k (as far as i can track it down).

In my case (with 580khas and only 2 hours of mining) it was not much. But some miners must have had many thousends of coins. There where a lot of miners. And bounties like 500 e-tok for 1 wallet etc. where paid from it.

All those coins where being used and mabey sold to other people. If we delete those. A lot of people whould lose there coins. I think that would be very bad. People suddenly loosing coins they earned or bought. There would be no trust in the coin anymore.

ickyt2012

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:12:59 PM

I invested a couple hundred dollars during the panic sell phase on coinedup. Those were legitimate purchases. Are you suggesting I should lose all of my investment?

Cryptocurrency.... because hey, fiat money is just imaginary too
Mjollnir

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:15:10 PM

I invested a couple hundred dollars during the panic sell phase on coinedup. Those were legitimate purchases. Are you suggesting I should lose all of my investment?

We will do our best depending on what coinedup will tell us. But i know not everyone will be happy. But dont blame us. We did not fuck it up  Sad

Last1212

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:15:52 PM

Any proof screenshots? And btw, we don't know, maybe you bought old eTOKs, not new. Cause not a lot of people got time to sell them on coined up.

Some donate will be good))))))
LTC: LLEhzonntRjo4pLqaw93ZQzw8Qdx3HQ2k7        DOGE: DCty26Yk5kbG2NfoknoyY3UajPzsmbhXP9
WDC: WYJW8RYrc3C8K7duaAWqs8YayMLLNEkWBC        CAT: 9nJcehD9dkcsrrVmJxnLJRFc61158nTvvP
mueller37

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:23:15 PM

No i dont. This 38k was used to pay miners in the first pool (owned by the dev). The pool crashed. So we got no coins from it. So he paid us (the miners) with those 38k (as far as i can track it down).

In my case (with 580khas and only 2 hours of mining) it was not much. But some miners must have had many thousends of coins. There where a lot of miners. And bounties like 500 e-tok for 1 wallet etc. where paid from it.

All those coins where being used and mabey sold to other people. If we delete those. A lot of people whould lose there coins. I think that would be very bad. People suddenly loosing coins they earned or bought. There would be no trust in the coin anymore.

but dev got also the coins from first pool that crashed (8000 blocks = 20k etok) so he had a total of 158k
not everyone contacted dev to get his coins from the pool i think. maybe 15k got paid to the first miners
about 10k to 15k were giveaways and bounties

if only the 100k get removed we can be sure dev still has 20k+
i think it would be better to start a new coin (or just new etoken blockchain beginning with block 1) and give people the chance to exchange their pre-fork etoken to the new coin
rznag

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:28:45 PM

No, if you can proof that and you really bought new coins i think we`ll find a solution. But at the moment we have no way to validate trades on coinedup as they don`t give us numbers from their database. We have no idea how much was traded while they were on the wrong chain.
What did you bought there (new coins, old coins?) and where are they now ? Still on coinedup or in your wallet ?
Make a good solution how you think we should handle the situation Wink
I decide nothing. We`re trying to find a good solution as a community. Be part of it.

ickyt2012

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:31:47 PM

Any proof screenshots? And btw, we don't know, maybe you bought old eTOKs, not new. Cause not a lot of people got time to sell them on coined up.

Sure, I can provide shots of my transaction history if and when that becomes relevant. I think first we need to cross our fingers that we can get the complete transaction info from coinedup. And its true, without that info we have no way of knowing what percentage of those coins were panic sell coins and what were post-fork coins.

My point is that coinedup buyers have repeatedly been labeled as greedy on this thread and that's not entirely true. When the price was crashing, I was faced with a choice to panic sell or go all in. I chose the latter because I believe in this currency.

Cryptocurrency.... because hey, fiat money is just imaginary too
simplemind

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:37:39 PM

Ohhh... I'm confused now. So if 38k were payed off from the 100k "bank", then original dev is still sitting on 62k, correct?
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: