Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 08:34:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-05-20] Goldman Sachs CEO Blankfein to Step Down, Bestowing Complex Bitcoin  (Read 134 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:16:18 PM

Goldman Sachs CEO Blankfein to Step Down, Bestowing Complex Bitcoin Relationship

Lloyd Blankfein, 63, is expected to step down as CEO of Goldman Sachs in December, leaving the bank’s future uncertain in several ways, including its relationship with bitcoin.

https://www.ccn.com/goldman-sachs-ceo-blankfein-to-step-down-bestowing-complex-bitcoin-relationship/
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:53:57 PM

What a rubbish article again.

Lloyd Blankfein is nothing more than a muppet in the end. Goldman Sachs will keep moving on doing everything possible to please their clients and shareholders, and Bitcoin is part of that. They have set the first steps and will continue to work out everything, especially when it comes to Circle and Poloniex. I expect some serious developments there in the forthcoming months/years.

I am still of believe that the acquisition of Poloniex wasn't because they were interested in the brand and everything around it, but more so its trading engine and the precious licenses and SEC approval to build further on it. That approval allows Goldman Sachs to transform that exchange into a securities platform also offering futures and options, all to please their institutional clients. No way they will put all that to a stop. Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger won't be so happy with that; they know they have found a Gold mine. Wink
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:21:59 PM

I am still of believe that the acquisition of Poloniex wasn't because they were interested in the brand and everything around it, but more so its trading engine and the precious licenses and SEC approval to build further on it.

That makes sense. I have been quite skeptical when it comes to the Poloniex takeover initially because of how it was (still is) bleeding due to the outflow of users and capital. Bittrex and mainly Binance completely took over Poloniex's position due to their incompetence. On the other hand, Binance isn't all that innocent either with how they ignore all rules of certain countries, which in more recent times made Japan stand up against them and I believe that more countries will follow. Binance applied for a license to operate in Japan, but they don't understand (don't care is more likely though) that you can't offer your services without having that license in your pocket, but their aggressive marketing strategy has worked out more than well for them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: