Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:29:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Laminated Paper Wallet  (Read 2288 times)
dissident (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:15:29 PM

I made a paper wallet for my own use because I wanted something simple and no frills that I could run through a laminator and after lamination it's roughly credit card sized and can be stored in a wallet like a credit card. Basically to use the paper wallet you'd have to cut the paper out from the lamination and access the private key inside. This is a weatherproof way to archive a paper wallet.

Here's the image.. it should print and fold perfectly with microsoft paint and standard printer paper... just follow the instructions.

https://i.imgur.com/UVE6Yyi.png

I welcome comments or suggestions on things to add or remove to this if anyone here finds it interesting, or ways to clarify the instructions if they don't seem clear enough.  If I posted this in the wrong section I apologize and please move.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sifo

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:17:48 PM

Man, that is cool idea!
dissident (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:32:29 AM

Thanks. I didn't see any on the net that I really liked so I just went at it... in particular I didn't like how the QR codes on them were not perfect black and white... but rather blurry.. this way I can make the QR codes perfect.. I guess I'm picky that way...  plus I already had the laminator and it's my favorite way to weatherproof stuff.

I suppose it could be fancied up and made with color and fancy graphics too.. but I have a black and white laser printer which is why I went this route.. simple and effective.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: